[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

But why should him being vocal about it change anything? The outcome is the same. Wouldn't you prefer him to be honest? I don't necessarily agree with him but I do think it's refreshing. I'd have more respectful for Lamar if he just came out and said he thinks it's all bullmanure. 

Not saying they should or shouldn't be vocal, just simply stating that one has been and I wasn't sure if the other was or wasn't. And maybe some jump on Beasley because of the way he's gone about things and not because he's white. 

Edited by irish

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Walsh was rarely sober performing in the old days :) 

He didn't look sober last night either but he's incredible!

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

16413.jpeg

How mature.  Did they also yell and shout nasty things at the school board members like I've seen happen many times. The heat here is so bad this week that many schools without AC are closing because they need the spacing and cannot put more kids into the "cooler rooms", plus wearing masks gets more annoying in the heat. 

Here in Ohio many universities are already requiring vaccination, or negative tests. The state (GOP controlled) legislature already neutered the governor's ability to have any kind of mask mandate, and also tried to prevent schools from doing anything like a vaccine mandate. But they passed that with language that meant once the vaccine is approved for general use a mandate is allowed. A few smaller universities (Case Western Reserve and Cleveland State) in Cleveland had them, OSU board approved one yesterday. I heard that made something like 8-9 of the BIG10 schools with that in place. 

Ohio also hit a milestone, 60% of those 12 and over have now had at least their first shot of the vaccine. Still a far cry from what is needed for herd immunity, but getting there, and having Pfizer (others coming soon) approved for general use means more people will be comfortable with the vaccine, and more businesses and institutions may feel it is reasonable to require them for those who they employ or serve. 

Edited by stevegrab

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

How mature.  Did they also yell and shout nasty things at the school board members like I've seen happen many times. The heat here is so bad this week that many schools without AC are closing because they need the spacing and cannot put more kids into the "cooler rooms", plus wearing masks gets more annoying in the heat. 

Here in Ohio many universities are already requiring vaccination, or negative tests. The state (GOP controlled) legislature already neutered the governor's ability to have any kind of mask mandate, and also tried to prevent schools from doing anything like a vaccine mandate. But they passed that with language that meant once the vaccine is approved for general use a mandate is allowed. A few smaller universities (Case Western Reserve and Cleveland State) in Cleveland had them, OSU board approved one yesterday. I heard that made something like 8-9 of the BIG10 schools with that in place. 

Ohio also hit a milestone, 60% of those 12 and over have now had at least their first shot of the vaccine. Still a far cry from what is needed for herd immunity, but getting there, and having Pfizer (others coming soon) approved for general use means more people will be comfortable with the vaccine, and more businesses and institutions may feel it is reasonable to require them for those who they employ or serve. 

I was just pointing out the space helmet. That kicks ass. 

6 hours ago, irish said:

Not saying they should or shouldn't be vocal, just simply stating that one has been and I wasn't sure if the other was or wasn't. And maybe some jump on Beasley because of the way he's gone about things and not because he's white. 

This.  Beasley is clearly getting more attention on this as he's purposely drawing attention to it more than anyone else.  He's even used at least one training camp presser to draw more attention to it.

Not surprising to see Snooki and Karen play the victim card and race card with an inability to notice clear consequences of one's personal actions though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Not surprising to see Snooki and Karen play the victim card and race card with an inability to notice clear consequences of one's personal actions though.

Yeah, shocking to see this board's resident turdballs have these opinions.  

I happily got the vaccine.  The technology has been around for a decade-plus.  

I had a sore arm and a little fogginess the day of my first shot.  Somewhat sore arm after the second.

I ditched the mask indoors for a month or so, but once Delta reared its ugly head I've gone back to masking in certain situations.  Most of my socializing takes place outdoors.

I have been traveling, and masks are required in airports and on planes.  Meh.  I get it.  Too bad others simply don't and won't ever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, shocking to see this board's resident turdballs have these opinions.  

I happily got the vaccine.  The technology has been around for a decade-plus.  

I had a sore arm and a little fogginess the day of my first shot.  Somewhat sore arm after the second.

I ditched the mask indoors for a month or so, but once Delta reared its ugly head I've gone back to masking in certain situations.  Most of my socializing takes place outdoors.

I have been traveling, and masks are required in airports and on planes.  Meh.  I get it.  Too bad others simply don't and won't ever.

Any idea why the Buffalo WR thread got locked and posts got deleted?  I didn't see it go south but I assume it did.  

6 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Any idea why the Buffalo WR thread got locked and posts got deleted?  I didn't see it go south but I assume it did.  

It went south badly and devolved into all personal attacks.

• Thanks 1

This is a true statement. 

"When it comes to empathy for the unvaccinated, many of us aren’t feeling it."

Do I want people to die or even get severely sick?  Hell no!

Quick answer... GET THE VACCINE!!

My neighbor, however, has zero empathy for unvaccinated folks who then get sick and beg for the vaccine when they're about to be put on a ventilator. I do see the logic, as they had the opportunity to avoid the situation. 

13 minutes ago, irish said:

My neighbor, however, has zero empathy for unvaccinated folks who then get sick and beg for the vaccine when they're about to be put on a ventilator. I do see the logic, as they had the opportunity to avoid the situation. 

But that's not your problem or mine, it's theirs. It's on them if they land in ICU. You're vaccinated, why do you care? 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

But that's not your problem or mine, it's theirs. It's on them if they land in ICU. You're vaccinated, why do you care? 

The unvaccinated can help create more variants, Delta is bad enough, what comes next?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I care that they choose not to make socially responsible choices, therefore, beyond hurting themselves, increasing the likelihood that kids (like mine) who can't get vaccinated, can get sick and then land in the ICU, so then it's my problem. That's when and why I care.  If they were just being ignorant and only hurting themselves, then I wouldn't give 2 sheets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

1629902292405.png

Actually not applicable, at all. 

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

More and more evidence is being released that being vaxxed is socially irresponsible.

The frustrating part is that vax mutation leaks have been known for decades.

Scientifically not accurate. If by irresponsible you mean that they can still get infected and pass it, then we will agree to disagree on what being social irresponsible means. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, irish said:

I care that they choose not to make socially responsible choices, therefore, beyond hurting themselve

4 minutes ago, irish said:

Scientifically not accurate. If by irresponsible you mean that they can still get infected and pass it, then we will agree to disagree on what being social irresponsible means. 

This is a true story. My Wife's friend is the poster child Lib. She's a school teacher, blue hair, BLM'er, defund the police, etc. You get the picture, not an anti-vaxxer or "Southern White Trash". Her husband had full blown Covid a few weeks ago. During all this she was Instagraming herself hanging out with friends, shopping, etc. My Wife asked her why she isn't wearing a mask while she's out and about. Her reply, "I'm fully vaccinated". That's the ignorance we're dealing with. God knows how many people she infected. But we're not worried about these people, just the unvaxed heathens. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This is a true story. My Wife's friend is the poster child Lib. She's a school teacher, blue hair, BLM'er, defund the police, etc. You get the picture, not an anti-vaxxer or "Southern White Trash". Her husband had full blown Covid a few weeks ago. During all this she was Instagraming herself hanging out with friends, shopping, etc. My Wife asked her why she isn't wearing a mask while she's out and about. Her reply, "I'm fully vaccinated". That's the ignorance we're dealing with. God knows how many people she infected. But we're not worried about these people, just the unvaxed heathens. 

This and not getting vaxxed are the epitome of ignorance. My wife and I are vaxxed and wear masks not only when we go out anywhere or if people outside our bubble come to our house, (ie. hiring a dog walker for when we return to teaching).

39 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

When it becomes publicly accepted knowledge that the vax is Russian roulette,please remember all of your comments.

1976 vax killed 53 and they pulled it. This one has killed 15k. The vax has killed more people than who died exclusively from covid. 

We don't have to agree, i just want y'all remember this thread in a few years

Completely understand that one solution unfortunately doesn't work for all.  However, that's the breaks (sorta natural selection), the vast majority will do far better if we all got vaxxed then if we don't, but because of the point you bring up and the politicizing of vaccinations, people opt out and even more people get sick, overwhelm the Healthcare system and many gave died and continued to do so. 

Going by your number 15k died from the vaccination. 4.5 million worldwide have died from covid. Those numbers aren't even close.  GET VACCINATED ASAP!!

Edited by irish