[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

17 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I've made three trips to San Diego this year & it's shocking how much the homeless population has exploded since I last visited 5 years ago and I thought it was bad 5 years ago. No, shocking is really too soft a word.

Same here. I've made a lot of trips to the West Coast. Some parts are beautiful and other parts are absolute cesspools of homelessness, vacated commercial properties, drugs, illegal immigrants, crime, disease, etc. But everyone there turns an eye to it like it's normal. And they'll vote the same people in every year to fix it. I don't get it. No offense to anyone who lives there but San Francisco is a toilet. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

For real. 

tuberc.png

Because it's mostly not happening in the USA.

7000 cases last year in the USA.  Guess what, if it doesn't happen in your backyard it doesn't seem to matter. 

228 million cases of covid in 18 months and BTW their is a vaccine for tuberculosis 

• Like 1

You complained about homelessness in San Francisco because those people can't afford a house, and America has weak social assistance policy.   Many nations don't have money for public health measures so people die of diseases that we have cures for.   In large part because pharmaceutical companies are profit driven - think Martin Shkreli on a global scale screwing over developing countries  - just to make your meme

Edited by millworkguy

On 9/18/2021 at 5:19 PM, millworkguy said:

7000 cases last year in the USA.  

Yes.  Tuberculosis deaths happen almost entirely in 3rd world countries for a myriad of reasons, including undernutrition and lack of access to a vaccine.  Tuberculosis isn't overtaxing healthcare systems and retarding our economy.

But hey, Snooki has memes.

Edited by Bobby Brown

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

But hey, Snooki has memes.

Yup, really good for false 1 sided information because he is a librarian and concerned about our freedoms.   Rather than realizing that "our" freedoms end where it impacts the freedoms of other Americans, and he is simply acting as a privileged entitled *sshole

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

For real.

Screenshot_20210813-071623_Gallery.jpg

But heck, let's start a war, spend a few thousand American lives, 100 billion dollars, protect the Saudi government and do it all in the name of.... and then  blame the president who pulls us out of it 

Makes a lot of sense to me 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, millworkguy said:

Having a different opinion doesn't bother me one bit, not spending 60 seconds to investigate what you're posting does (and if it's actually accurate does) Had he done so, he would have understood how wrong the meme was.  

He's too busy thinking he is funny, and owning the liberals with all his "facts". He talks about how California has nice places and manureholes full of crime, etc. Like that doesn't apply to virtually every state in the US, and that almost all major cities do not have problems with drugs, crime, homeless, illegals, etc. No matter what party is in control of a state, region or city there are problems. 

On 2021-09-20 at 1:40 PM, stevegrab said:

He's too busy thinking he is funny, and owning the liberals with all his "facts". He talks about how California has nice places and manureholes full of crime, etc. Like that doesn't apply to virtually every state in the US, and that almost all major cities do not have problems with drugs, crime, homeless, illegals, etc. No matter what party is in control of a state, region or city there are problems. 

I find it bizarre that someone would try and link tuberculosis and covid.   7000 cases a year versus 5000 cases an hour and claim it's just the media and their propaganda.

Heck car accidents kill 36,000 a year (in 2019 USA) if we are supposed to be more afraid of tuberculosis are we supposed to be terrified of cars?

4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I find it bizarre that someone would try and link tuberculosis and covid.   7000 cases a year versus 5000 cases an hour and claim it's just the media and their propaganda.

Heck car accidents kill 36,000 a year (in 2019 USA) if we are supposed to be more afraid of tuberculosis are we supposed to be terrified of cars?

I think the point he's trying to make is why are we so afraid of Covid when the odds you die are much greater from things like tuberculosis & car accidents. Why are we not similarly taking measures against those? I'm not sure if it's a valid argument, just wanted to help you understand the argument being made.

44 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think the point he's trying to make is why are we so afraid of Covid when the odds you die are much greater from things like tuberculosis & car accidents. Why are we not similarly taking measures against those? I'm not sure if it's a valid argument, just wanted to help you understand the argument being made.

I don't think so.  I wrote about car accidents, as something that more Americans die of then tuberculosis,  and pointed out tuberculosis is almost a non factor in the USA,  so much so that the death rate in the USA is 92% lower then the rest of the world.  So American coverage of it is non existent.

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year would be reduced considerably if all nations had the same access to meds.  Although almost 15% of those deaths are HIV+ individuals. 

I just think his meme game is weak and he is reaching in an attempt to score a point 

Edited by millworkguy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I don't think so.  I wrote about car accidents, as something that more Americans die of then tuberculosis,  and pointed out tuberculosis is almost a non factor in the USA,  so I don't find it surprising that American media doesn't mention it. 

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year versus almost 4.75 million covid deaths in 18 months.  Just doing quick math, this would equate to about a 2-to-1 ratio, between Covid and TB.  1.5M per year for TB, versus just over 3M per year for Covid.

The odds of getting tuberculosis (not dieing of it) in the USA is about 20 per million while almost 360 per million get covid daily. More Americans will die of covid this week then get tuberculosis this year.  Based on the numbers in your previous statement, that's not even possible.  

I just think his meme game is weak and he is reaching in an attempt to score a point 

Something doesn't add up here.  

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

I'm sure millworkguy will follow up, but here's what I see

he did not provide any numbers for the TB or COVID deaths for America, those numbers were for the world.

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year versus almost 4.75 million covid deaths in 18 months.  

Then he provided odds of getting COVID or TB, not deaths from either.

The odds of getting tuberculosis (not dieing of it) in the USA is about 20 per million while almost 360 per million get covid daily

Finally his statement

More Americans will die of covid this week then get tuberculosis this year.

I don't know those number, so did a quick search online. 

Weekly average deaths in US from COVID around 2000, so 14,000 in a week.

Yearly (2020, 2019) TB cases in the US 9000.

So it does seem like an accurate statement. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm sure millworkguy will follow up, but here's what I see

he did not provide any numbers for the TB or COVID deaths for America, those numbers were for the world.

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year versus almost 4.75 million covid deaths in 18 months.  

Then he provided odds of getting COVID or TB, not deaths from either.

The odds of getting tuberculosis (not dieing of it) in the USA is about 20 per million while almost 360 per million get covid daily

Finally his statement

More Americans will die of covid this week then get tuberculosis this year.

I don't know those number, so did a quick search online. 

Weekly average deaths in US from COVID around 2000, so 14,000 in a week.

Yearly (2020, 2019) TB cases in the US 9000.

So it does seem like an accurate statement. 

Oh, OK.  So maybe the second paragraph is talking worldwide numbers.  I didn't catch that (it doesn't say it, and everything else in the post refers to numbers in the US).  That makes more sense.  

4 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Oh, OK.  So maybe the second paragraph is talking worldwide numbers.  I didn't catch that (it doesn't say it, and everything else in the post refers to numbers in the US).  That makes more sense.  

I figured it was not USA so probably worldwide because of the number 4.75 million COVID deaths and USA total still under 700 thousand. 

Sorry more Americans will die of covid this week, then Americans who will get tuberculosis this year.

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

I was missing the 2nd,   "Americans"

As the meme was about the lack of American media coverage for tuberculosis 

Edited by millworkguy

9 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Ahhhh math is hard.   Isn't that people often ask "was that study peer-reviewed" before accepting it as fact. And when their numbers were drastically out of line with other studies, wouldn't that be a good time for those involved with the study to check their math, and their basic numbers? Nope, just run to tell the world you found something unique. 

Stuff like this is why many don't want to trust the science.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, cliaz said:

After I received my second shot on April 3, 2021, I was rushed to the ER roughly 8 hours later. My heart went into afib. The top half of my heart was beating rapidly (200 times a minute) while the bottom half was just quivering as it tried to catch up. It was a strange and disturbing sensation to say the least but it didn't hurt. I could feel it in my chest and stomach. Not enough blood was circulating in my body so I kept fainting. After an hour in the ER my heart reverted to normal rhythm. They released me and I made an appointment with a cardiologist. He is now part of my normal doctor visits. As time ticks by, I experience it less and less but still need to remain on blood thinners to prevent strokes. Apparently, blood can pool in the chambers of the heart and begin clotting while in afib. Once normal rhythm returns, the heart can eject the blood clots causing strokes or pulmonary embolism. Turns out, the vaccine itself didn't do this. The vaccine had put a strain on my system after the first shot. And I do remember having a few instances at night of my heart racing while trying to sleep. Once the second shot hit my system, it placed more stress on my system. Turns out, I have (since birth) defects with all of my valves, and because I have high blood pressure (that is treated btw), my left ventricle is slightly larger and the chamber walls thicker. Both of these heart problems combined with the strain on my system triggered the severe afib. My cardiologist believes I've had afib issues for a while now, but because they were mild in presentation I didn't feel or notice them. But the vaccine helped identify these issues. So now, I'm scheduled for an ablation later on this month to prevent future episodes of afib, and we will talk about when I need open heart surgery for the valves. After all of that, I still champion these vaccines. My girlfriend works for one of the two companies making the mRNA. She has taught me so much about Big spam. I'm less cynical about them. 

The entire upper half of your post was much appreciated, well written, accurate as near as I am able to discern, and informational.  

I AM 100% NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO DO OR NOT DO ANYTHING.  That said, your last paragraph is an advertisement on why not to get the vaccine if you are young and have an otherwise healthy immune system.   Oh, and in an otherwise excellent post, "strain on my system" is pseudogoggldyscience speak.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I AM 100% NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO DO OR NOT DO ANYTHING.  That said, your last paragraph is an advertisement on why not to get the vaccine if you are young and have an otherwise healthy immune system.   

With that logic people shouldn't play football because we find many players who have heart conditions during the combine?

• Like 1