[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday Football Thread

League_Champion

19 hours ago, SeductiveNun said:

Kinda wishing I would have rethunk the decision to start Pitts this week. 

You mentioned starting Boston Scott in a prior post, that didn't go well either. I doubt you were expecting a lot, but it appears he just disappeared after being active and listed as #2 RB on depth chart he didn't see a single snap on offense. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

You mentioned starting Boston Scott in a prior post, that didn't go well either. I doubt you were expecting a lot, but it appears he just disappeared after being active and listed as #2 RB on depth chart he didn't see a single snap on offense. 

Sometimes all you can do is laugh…….

I threw him in when Moss was deactivated. If that’s still the case next week it’s either Damien Williams who at least gets a few snaps each week, or bid ridiculously high for a 49ers RB who may or may not play depending on what the letters spell in the coach’s alphabet soup on Saturday. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SeductiveNun said:

Sometimes all you can do is laugh…….

I threw him in when Moss was deactivated. If that’s still the case next week it’s either Damien Williams who at least gets a few snaps each week, or bid ridiculously high for a 49ers RB who may or may not play depending on what the letters spell in the coach’s alphabet soup on Saturday. 

OK, so Scott was a late add, due to another odd healthy scratch.

Yes the SF RB situation is not that clear, but with Mostert expected to miss a bit of time with a high ankle sprain Sermon is probably active again. (From what I read he was not active because he does not play ST, while the other backups did. But Shanny didn't expect to lose his starter after a few plays.) 

Lots of messy RB situations again this year, glad I'm not involved in any (easier with just one league). 

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I was surprised they didnt go to him already. You already know what you have with Dalton, which is not that much, play the kid already 

These types of decisions like already deciding the best player may not get the start, along with the play calling, and the lack of simple coaching on defense has made a lot of Bears fans so emotionally detached from this team. I care little about this year's Bears and won't until Nagy and Pace are gone, and it might just take an ownership change to get me back.

27 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

These types of decisions like already deciding the best player may not get the start, along with the play calling, and the lack of simple coaching on defense has made a lot of Bears fans so emotionally detached from this team. I care little about this year's Bears and won't until Nagy and Pace are gone, and it might just take an ownership change to get me back.

This is 100% where I'm at too.  I'm excited we got Fields, I still like Montgomery, think Kmet has some promise... but I just can't get on board with the current regime.  Meh.

Sad to see a once great franchise like that, and their fans so tired of how things are. I've heard others talk about ownership change. Virginia Halas McCaskey has been the team owner now for almost 40 years since Halas left her the team in 1983. Was she better at finding people to manage the team before? 

Is a lot of the problem the team president Ted Phillips? Is he really calling the shots hiring these bad coaches and GMs? 

One thing I've seen over 2 decades plus of mediocrity, it takes just the right combination of front office people, coaches and players to have a certain level of success. And in today's NFL there is rarely much time given to build that before things are blown up again.

Curios, anybody else think the Chiefs coach who shoved the Browns player should have also been punished. I know the initial penalty was called on the Chiefs bench (unsportsmanlike conduct I believe) which makes sense. Some will say "Harrison stomped on CEH of course the coach and teammates protected him", but first I don't think that was intentional, even if it was retaliation for something is not an acceptable defense. Jim and Tony were quick to say the Browns player did something wrong and should be ejected, but seemed to completely dismiss the coach shoving Harrison first.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/myles-garrett-ronnie-harrison-ejected-chiefs-rb-coach-browns/17vziab85gkhv1vgf4sgjv37qf

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 9:43 AM, Bier Meister said:

I get the feeling that NEP look a lot like the early years of brady...strong defense, pound the rock (a. smith, c. dillon), and 2 te (henry/jonnu)

I may have underestimated how they would do