[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Carson to have season ending surgery

Shaft

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Question is - do they go with Alex Collins' average-ness or let Rashad Penny take the lead?  They spent a - wait for it - pretty penny on Penny so I would hope they give him a shot.

I would hope it's Penny as well. Collins doesn't catch any balls and is an average runner at best. But it will probably be a shared backfield regardless. 

19 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Question is - do they go with Alex Collins' average-ness or let Rashad Penny take the lead?  They spent a - wait for it - pretty penny on Penny so I would hope they give him a shot.

I think that question has been answered already.  Collins took RB2 duties over early on in the season.  Penny was active last week and didn't have one snap. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think that question has been answered already.  Collins took RB2 duties over early on in the season.  Penny was active last week and didn't have one snap. 

Has it?

Last three weeks worth of "production":

Week 7 - 16 carries for a whopping 35 yards, 1 catch for 9 yards (granted this was versus the tough Saints' rush D)

Week 8 - 10 for 44, no catches against Jacksonville.  Come on.

Week 10 - 10 for 41, 1 catch for 8 yards.  Again, tougher D in the Packers, but he needs to see more and do more. 

That said, I'm trying to add him in a league where I'm paper thin at RB and just lost Kamara for the week.  I don't necessarily trust Penny either, but I would love to see him "get his shot".

Of course they finally make the decision to end his season, what a really manurety season of FF.  Good luck to him, hope he can return to form, but since he's on my team probably not. 

As for Penny, I wouldn't waste even a penny on him. He has had his shot many times but doesn't produce well enough to be in the mix long term. Doesn't help that he cannot stay healthy, here is somebody who misses a lot of time, 2 games his rookie year, then 6 his second, then 13 his 3rd and 6 of the first 10 games this year. Even worse if he is not injured and just inactive or DNP because he isn't good enough to contribute. 

This guys is like another Christine Michael waiting to get his shot...

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Do you mean literally he is never able to stay healthy or are you applying a bit of hyperbole to your assessment?  There's a guy who really gets hung on on this exact sort of thing, I'd hate for him to stumble across this post.

To clarify (which I actually did in the rest of my post, but you just cherry picked one piece) I mean he has trouble even getting into the game, whether injured or just not good enough to be on the active roster or play in the game (DNP=did not play, but on active roster). 

Compare his games missed to Carson who you talked about, and the phrase you used (void of any clarification that he isn't always injured) then we can talk. 

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

To clarify (which I actually did in the rest of my post, but you just cherry picked one piece) I mean he has trouble even getting into the game, whether injured or just not good enough to be on the active roster or play in the game (DNP=did not play, but on active roster). 

Compare his games missed to Carson who you talked about, and the phrase you used (void of any clarification that he isn't always injured) then we can talk. 

"yeah, but"

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

picking up Penny or whatever else I can find  and dumping carson.  I will never draft him again.  I wish him all the best and a healthy recovery.

I'd be surprised if Carson plays any meaningful football anymore. He runs 120%, neck injuries are iffy, he's not getting younger. I'm assuming he'll try but wouldn't even be worth a flier for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

"yeah, but"

fact and details matter, don't care if you buy that or not

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Except Carson is injured now, bad comparison. 

Except that wasn't the focus of the two discussions, it was simply a players availability to play, not right now but over their careers. I know you think you had me in a real gotcha moment but wrong as usual. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

fact and details matter, don't care if you buy that or not

Except that wasn't the focus of the two discussions, it was simply a players availability to play, not right now but over their careers. I know you think you had me in a real gotcha moment but wrong as usual. 

I deleted my response, and just decided to go with this.  :blink:

On 11/19/2021 at 3:47 PM, darin3 said:

Has it?

Last three weeks worth of "production":

Week 7 - 16 carries for a whopping 35 yards, 1 catch for 9 yards (granted this was versus the tough Saints' rush D)

Week 8 - 10 for 44, no catches against Jacksonville.  Come on.

Week 10 - 10 for 41, 1 catch for 8 yards.  Again, tougher D in the Packers, but he needs to see more and do more. 

That said, I'm trying to add him in a league where I'm paper thin at RB and just lost Kamara for the week.  I don't necessarily trust Penny either, but I would love to see him "get his shot".

Now do Penny.

16 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Now do Penny.

I see where you're going here, which is why I was asking if he was going to even get a shot.  

Collins and his sub-4 ypc ain't doin' much.

Penny ripped off an 18-yarder yesterday and DeeJay Dallas looked like the more complete back.

I'm just glad I cut bait with Carson earlier this season.  He's toast.

Felt bad this past week. I contacted the commish in my league and told him I needed a WR as he was deep there. I was deep at RB which he needed . It was basically a trade for his WR4 and one of my RBs(not my top 3). I offered him Moss or Ingram for either Higgins or Waddle. He gets back at me and says he’d rather take a flyer on Carson for Waddle. I accepted the trade and then my Mitchell goes down. I still have Ingram and Wilson so that’s ok. Then of course the bad news for him happens. Carson out for the year. I had to use Waddle as Hollywood had the curtain pulled on him this week. He gets nothing and I get 14+ points from Waddle. Didn’t even need him with Taylor, Mixon, and Rodgers all lighting it up. Ended up with 194+ points in a .5ppr league. He had 88. He wanted Carson though so I shouldn’t feel bad.

1 minute ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

Felt bad this past week. I contacted the commish in my league and told him I needed a WR as he was deep there. I was deep at RB which he needed . It was basically a trade for his WR4 and one of my RBs(not my top 3). I offered him Moss or Ingram for either Higgins or Waddle. He gets back at me and says he’d rather take a flyer on Carson for Waddle. I accepted the trade and then my Mitchell goes down. I still have Ingram and Wilson so that’s ok. Then of course the bad news for him happens. Carson out for the year. I had to use Waddle as Hollywood had the curtain pulled on him this week. He gets nothing and I get 14+ points from Waddle. Didn’t even need him with Taylor, Mixon, and Rodgers all lighting it up. Ended up with 194+ points in a .5ppr league. He had 88. He wanted Carson though so I shouldn’t feel bad.

The bolded is all that matters, and neither trade was lopsided, though the other owner should have considered Carson's risk and potential to be out for the season.

I wouldn't feel bad at all. Some years ago another owner and I (we are the two commissioners) were looking at a trade late in the season, I wanted one of his WR, forget what I traded him, but I was targeting Tyler Body (believe was his rookie year). This other owner really liked drafting and grooming WR to be part of his squad long term (5 keepers per team, usually 1-2 WR on each squad).  Instead he offered me Davante Adams, who I would not even ask for since top players like just don't get traded in our league. Of course I jumped at that, and to this day he wonders why he made that trade. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, Penny looked the part today.

I'm not sure I've seen the Texans play this year, is there defense any good? I see they are last in league in rushing defense, allowing over 1900 yards, about 150 per game. Did Penny look good enough to challenge a healthy Carson for the spot in 2022?

Penny hasn't been rostered in my league since I dropped him 5 weeks ago. That big fantasy game was wasted. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm not sure I've seen the Texans play this year, is there defense any good? I see they are last in league in rushing defense, allowing over 1900 yards, about 150 per game. Did Penny look good enough to challenge a healthy Carson for the spot in 2022?

Penny hasn't been rostered in my league since I dropped him 5 weeks ago. That big fantasy game was wasted. 

Yesterday may have kept Penny's career alive.  I think he is at the end of his deal and playing for his next contract, it may not be with Seahawks. He'll never challenge anyone if he can't stay healthy.  Then again, I'm also not sure if Carson's career isn't over. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yesterday may have kept Penny's career alive.  I think he is at the end of his deal and playing for his next contract, it may not be with Seahawks. He'll never challenge anyone if he can't stay healthy.  Then again, I'm also not sure if Carson's career isn't over. 

Yep, I wonder about that too, but for now Carson is on my team and a potential keeper next year depending on how things go. I doubt Penny has that potential anytime soon, but who knows. And yes Penny is an UFA next year.