[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals vs Rams (Superbowl)

League_Champion

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Does anyone give a crap about the pre-game or halftime BS? This is unwatchable, get me to the game! 

My pre-game was Olympic coverage, with lots of sledding and skiing. 6 hours of pre-game (concert and other garbage from what I've seen whenever I looked) isn't at all interesting to me. Something like the CBS Road to the Super Bowl show was appealing.

I haven't watched or cared much about a halftime show in ages. For me its a chance to grab a bite to eat or use the can. The "show" was on while I had some real music in the background, and finished eating just in time to be ready for kickoff. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Odell is a stud! 

Until his leg gave out on a non contact injury. Good luck with that big payday now...

And a bunch of players jumped on a petition to get rid of turf 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2022-odell-beckham-jr-s-injury-causes-nfl-stars-to-advocate-for-banning-turf-field-in-stadiums/

Half of the leagues teams still play on turf. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Until his leg gave out on a non contact injury. Good luck with that big payday now...

And a bunch of players jumped on a petition to get rid of turf 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2022-odell-beckham-jr-s-injury-causes-nfl-stars-to-advocate-for-banning-turf-field-in-stadiums/

Half of the leagues teams still play on turf. 

He was a big reason why they won that game. He was unstoppable until he got hurt. That offense went stagnant when he went down. 

10 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

Stafford throws 3 td passes and isn't named MVP? Lame

10 hours ago, Big John said:

I thought Donald was deserving for MVP.

I thought maybe it would be Stafford, but he also threw 2 picks. 

Donald had 2 sacks and 4 tackles, Von Miller also had 2 sacks.

Kupp was hug on the final drive.

For all those complaining about the officiating and how they let them play all night and then started throwing flags, this might be an interesting read. Basically the guy says that when refs let them play the players keep pushing the limit and eventually things will get called. I think all this "the game is fixed and just like WWE" talk is way over the top.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33043281/questionable-nfl-playoff-officiating-decisions-happened-which-were-right-came-next

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

Agreed. The other ones were obvious, but that phantom holding call on 3rd down was BS.

It instantly reminded me of the Seahawks/Steelers SB while watching, that's just how bad it was.  Can't have game breakers like that, leaves a bad taste in the mouth of fans.  

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:24 PM, ABearWithFurniture said:

3 other teams and millions of fans have already overlooked Cincinnati these past 3 weekends...on any given Sunday.

I was wrong despite the call at the end of the game. The Bengals actually kept it close and looked really good at times. That o-line though... If they get healthy there next year and get that fixed, I wouldn't be surprised to see then right back in the mix. 

11 hours ago, loaf said:

Bengals need Oline help and a replacement for Eli Apple. He's awful. This is what, his 3rd team since coming out? Couldn't cover a table with a tablecloth

Actually Apple's 4th team now, and he hasn't lasted 2 seasons since the Giants drafted him (he played 2 seasons and was traded to NO 5 games into his 3rd. Since then another full season with NO, one with CAR (played in just 2 games) and now CIN. 

One last OBJ tidbit, other local sports media touched on this, the narrative that Al & Chris pushed regarding his departure from the Browns is pretty far from reality. "He was told to get outta here" and "he was shown the door" are hardly accurate. But hey, most fans don't know better, so of course they believe these guys. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/02/revisionist-history-on-odell-beckham-jrs-browns-exit-was-front-and-center-during-rams-super-bowl-win-ashley-bastock.html

Others have picked up on the "Basically told him "Get outta here"

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/audience-gaslit-obj-departure?fbclid=IwAR2BG-B8A0mQmQx-H85SOM7DwpUk55wGXAZ1-BFpUi61GgqbW8E3ftEOrrU

Looks like it was intentional to make Beckham look the victim. But we all know he wasn't

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, loaf said:

Others have picked up on the "Basically told him "Get outta here"

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/audience-gaslit-obj-departure?fbclid=IwAR2BG-B8A0mQmQx-H85SOM7DwpUk55wGXAZ1-BFpUi61GgqbW8E3ftEOrrU

Looks like it was intentional to make Beckham look the victim. But we all know he wasn't

Good find, not surprising that the NFL or their media partners would push the OBJ resurrection story. Lots of people don't know the real story and will just parrot the "Browns are idiots for letting him go" narrative that has been spreading. The Browns failed to get him more involved, especially in the red zone. That much is true, the rest is just rewriting history, numbers don't lie and his per game averages (receptions & yards) are really no different with LA than CLE.

not including playoffs (harder to combines those stats & do calculations, plus talk of him doing better on Rams came before that)

CLE  6 games, 34 target, 17 rec, 232yards (13.6 yards/rec, 38.7 yards/gm, 5.7 targets/gm, 2.8 rec/gm, 50% catch rate)

LAR  8 games, 48 target, 27 rec, 305yards (11.3 yards/rec, 38.1 yards/gm, 6 targets/gm, 3.4 rec/gm, 56% catch rate)

Those stats are about as close as you could find, not sure I'd even expect such similar numbers for the same player on the same team in two halves of a season.

Yes he had ZERO TDs in those CLE games and 5 with LAR (and 2 more in the playoffs). But outside of that, his resurgence and playing a bigger role in the offense is just hype. 

• Confused 1