[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals vs Rams (Superbowl)

League_Champion

The league doesn't benefit at all from the Bengals winning a Superbowl. I predict with the Rams having home field advantage plus the full weight of the NFL behind them,  will win easily. Bengals won't be allowed to get anything going.

3 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

3 other teams and millions of fans have already overlooked Cincinnati these past 3 weekends...on any given Sunday.

Hope you're right,  but it's hard not to be a skeptic anymore. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Seeing reports that there is a heat advisory for LA on Sunday, temps at kickoff at SoFi could be 85-90, of course they have AC inside so it won't be that hot in the stadium. 

Yeah it's going to be unseasonably warm down here for the next few days.  It's just 9am here and it's already 70, which is saying something for February.  Today and tomorrow are the hottest days of the week (topping out at 90 here where my office is).  Somewhat cooler yet still pretty toasty come SB Sunday.  I am going to watch the game at my parents and my mom's already suggested we have my kids play in the sprinklers!

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Yeah it's going to be unseasonably warm down here for the next few days.  It's just 9am here and it's already 70, which is saying something for February.  Today and tomorrow are the hottest days of the week (topping out at 90 here where my office is).  Somewhat cooler yet still pretty toasty come SB Sunday.  I am going to watch the game at my parents and my mom's already suggested we have my kids play in the sprinklers!

Is there high humidity there? Because we have days where it's 90+ degrees and 80% humidity. It's like death. The saturated humidity is off the charts. You can walk from your front door to your car and your soaked, it's gross. 

14 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Yup.  My iPhone has the heat advisory alert already.

People may need to be reminded, average temps in LA in February are mid 60s, so yes 85-90 is very hot.

I know it had been really windy there lately too, my brother lives in Santa Clarita area and I have seen the weather alerts for his location. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Is there high humidity there? Because we have days where it's 90+ degrees and 80% humidity. It's like death. The saturated humidity is off the charts. You can walk from your front door to your car and your soaked, it's gross. 

No the southwest does not have much humidity, nothing like the Midwest, which still pales in comparison to the south. I think above 40% is considered humid there. I remember when my brother who was more overweight then, moved from LA to NE Ohio, he was really struggling outside in the heat. 

Two examples of humid conditions, late August in southern Ohio along the river return to my hotel room and some papers on the counter were damp like they had been in the laundry. June in New Orleans, walked out of the hotel and my glasses instantly fogged up. Both were pretty gross. 

Anything other than 70 degrees, sunny and dry is a serious weather event in southern California. I remember the first time I went to San Diego there was a light rain for about 2 days. The local news was talking about it like it was an apocalyptic monsoon. I understand why, but when you come from a place where a thunderstorm may result in not being able to see across the street or sometimes it rains every single day for a solid 2 months or in this case where 90 degrees and no humidity is a dream from June to August, it's pretty comical to see the excitement over it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Anything other than 70 degrees, sunny and dry is a serious weather event in southern California. I remember the first time I went to San Diego there was a light rain for about 2 days. The local news was talking about it like it was an apocalyptic monsoon. I understand why, but when you come from a place where a thunderstorm may result in not being able to see across the street or sometimes it rains every single day for a solid 2 months or in this case where 90 degrees and no humidity is a dream from June to August, it's pretty comical to see the excitement over it.

Have you ever seen a car with Louisiana plates drive in the snow?  Now that's what I call comedy!  Same for you SoCal sun babies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Have you ever seen a car with Louisiana plates drive in the snow?  Now that's what I call comedy!  Same for you SoCal sun babies.

Yeah,  I would be pretty much useless in the snow. :lol:

• Like 1

This is like stealing money! 

Matthew Stafford Over 0.5 interceptions (-160): "Matthew Stafford is going to throw an interception. It's funny -- there's been this shift in the narrative around Stafford. There's talk about how winning this game might get him into the Hall of Fame, and while I'm not interested in a debate about that, I do want to point out that Stafford is the same player he's always been. The only thing that's changed is he's on a much better team than any he's ever been on.

On 2/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, darin3 said:

And here in the Midwest the temps have been in the teens all day. :weird:

53 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Unless him o line shows up Donald as mvp , receiving yards for perine / chase and rushing yards for Mixon all look like interesting props.

Donald's just a nice payout against a week spot.

Over for both perineum and chase

Under for Mixon 

Interesting as well.

Samaje Perine total receptions: Over 1.5 (-110)