[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Donald to retire?

darin3

I heard this mentioned leading up to the game but missed the source etc. 

Seems very unlikely, he isn't old and washed up, but maybe he wants to go out on top and with his body in good shape.

This guy thinks its about the money

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-donalds-retirement-talk-feels-more-like-a-message-about-his-underpaid-contract-with-rams-071840350.html

The sideline reporter said it during the lead off to the game, and when asked about it after the win, he commented something like , let me enjoy this will you.

I hope he doesn't retire and they try for 2, but glad both he and Stafford got their rings (as much as I wanted to see the Bengals win it)

He said some funky things earlier in the year about his body not healing as quickly as he used to. But obviously still a monster. Maybe he can check in to the TB12 clinic and if the Rams can retain their talent he may sign up for round 2. I don't know what the Rams contract/cap situation is. I wouldn't be shocked if he called it quits. The man is a monster, likely trains like a monster and probably doesn't want to be less than dominant

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Big John said:

ESPN is reporting he just agreed to a 2-year $60M contract extension.

According to NFL.com story there are no years added to the existing contract, 

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-restructure-aaron-donald-contract-to-make-him-highest-paid-non-qb-in-nfl-hi

No new years were added to Donald's contract, which now guarantees him $65 million over the next two seasons and $95 million through the 2024 season, Rapoport added. In all, Donald nets a $40 million raise over his previous contract, which carried a base salary of just $9.25 million into the 2022 season.

Edited by stevegrab

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

No new years were added to Donald's contract, which now guarantees him $65 million over the next two seasons and $95 million through the 2024 season, Rapoport added. In all, Donald nets a $40 million raise over his previous contract, which carried a base salary of just $9.25 million into the 2022 season.

Wow! That's unreal. Nice job Aaron! 👍

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Thanks again Captain Obvious. 

Just admit you said something stupid, used hyperbole ("that's unreal") when it wasn't needed.  Even you buddy Opie wanted an explanation, and the one you gave was as lame as your tough guy persona.

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Just admit you said something stupid, used hyperbole ("that's unreal") when it wasn't needed.  Even you buddy Opie wanted an explanation, and the one you gave was as lame as your tough guy persona.

Honestly, guys.  You really just need to stop responding to each other.  It is literally making this forum unreadable.  Please just stop.  Not to speak for everyone, but I'm guessing we all feel the same.  The entire lot of us would really appreciate it if you would just SHUT THE EFF UP.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Honestly, guys.  You really just need to stop responding to each other.  It is literally making this forum unreadable.  Please just stop.  Not to speak for everyone, but I'm guessing we all feel the same.  The entire lot of us would really appreciate it if you would just SHUT THE EFF UP.  

Thanks Darin. I really respect you and your opinion. I will try to be the better person and not let Steve bring me down. Thanks again and Go F Yourself! PM me if you have an issue. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

They say ignore is bliss...

image.png.fa5b8fdc0467e29a845e5e463dd3e365.png

...they were right.  :shades:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

the problem is that LC finds this entertainin. Steve does not find this entertaining, but he is incapable of allowing himself to be misunderstood or misrepresented, is that "ego", "esteem" or something? Not sure how you'd define it, but he cares a lot about how people view him. 

So, LC won't stop because it's funny and Steve cannot allow it. He's unable.

Excellent point.  

• 1 year later...

Damn!