[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs/Chargers - should be a good one

gilthorp

I don't understand why Staley is running hurry up with a tie game and 10 min left, 1st and 3 on the goal line and his TE is gassed and asking to come out. They say no and keep running the play then throw to him.  Everett gave some weak effort and maybe ran the wrong route but nevertheless the play should have never happened.

Edited by purplemonster

watched the game on prime but was seeing comments here that happened 10 mins before I saw them, maybe some sort of buffer thing oh well who knows. Im sure they will iron the kinks out - good game, sorry for the Herbert owners if he misses any time

Edited by sonicaudio

8 minutes ago, sonicaudio said:

watched the game on prime but was seeing comments here that happened 10 mins before I saw them, maybe some sort of buffer thing oh well who knows. Im sure they will iron the kinks out - good game, sorry for the Herbert owners if he misses any time

Same on my end. It wasn't quite ten minutes but there was definitely a slight delay. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I don't understand why Staley is running hurry up with a tie game and 10 min left, 1st and 3 on the goal line and his TE is gassed and asking to come out. They say no and keep running the play then throw to him.  Everett gave some weak effort and maybe ran the wrong route but nevertheless the play should have never happened.

I had Herbert and Everett going in one of my leagues and watched the whole game. I saw that too, Everett was clearly gassed and asking to come out of the game. I agree why are they rushing to run a play there. You know they would have 4 chances to score cause they would go for it on 4th down if needed.

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

I had Herbert and Everett going in one of my leagues and watched the whole game. I saw that too, Everett was clearly gassed and asking to come out of the game. I agree why are they rushing to run a play there. You know they would have 4 chances to score cause they would go for it on 4th down if needed.

I think it's probably a learning experience for Staley. Just because some old school coaches were overly conservative doesn't mean over aggression is good.  Maybe he thought there was some mismatch or didn't want KC to substitute, regardless that should be outweighed by your players being gassed. He loves to go for it on 4th a heck of a lot as well. Maybe ease off the gas the bit, at least in specific scenarios. 

Edited by purplemonster

12 hours ago, Big John said:

Me. I don't shop on Amazon enough to justify the cost. 

So there remains at least 1 person who doesn't use Amazon enough. You truly are a unicorn. 

12 hours ago, Big John said:

Me. I don't shop on Amazon enough to justify the cost. 

Millions of NFL fans and Amazon shoppers don't have Prime. Amazon is hoping to generate a ton of revenue from NFL fans that cannot stand to miss the chance to watch a game. I shop there, I don't need prime, I won't pay. 

People who say everybody has it are the same ones that say everybody is on Facebook. 

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I thought the same thing until I got it. You should really look into it You get a lot of stuff and it's very inexpensive for the year. The free shipping is just a bonus. 

I simply try to avoid adding more and more monthly services with fees to my life. I can afford it no problem, I honestly haven't look at all of what is included. I just know the "free shipping" angle has no real bearing on me. That is why a free trial later this year (to get some of the NFL TNF games) may be in order.

Consider life 50 years ago, people had rent/mortgage, phone, electric, gas, sewer/water. Now we have cable/pay TV of some kind, internet, cell phone (no landline for many), gym memberships, streaming services, Prime membership, and who knows what else. Some consider all those essential, necessary for life. 

I honestly feel that many people have these things mostly because "everybody else does". And once you have it you become accustomed to it and cannot give it up. Also Prime has a lot more benefits to a household of people (3-4 at least usually) vs a single person. 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I simply try to avoid adding more and more monthly services with fees to my life. I can afford it no problem, I honestly haven't look at all of what is included. I just know the "free shipping" angle has no real bearing on me. That is why a free trial later this year (to get some of the NFL TNF games) may be in order.

Consider life 50 years ago, people had rent/mortgage, phone, electric, gas, sewer/water. Now we have cable/pay TV of some kind, internet, cell phone (no landline for many), gym memberships, streaming services, Prime membership, and who knows what else. Some consider all those essential, necessary for life. 

I honestly feel that many people have these things mostly because "everybody else does". And once you have it you become accustomed to it and cannot give it up. Also Prime has a lot more benefits to a household of people (3-4 at least usually) vs a single person. 

I like it mostly for Prime Music. I really haven't watched any of the movies or anything else but they do offer a lot. The free shipping alone pays for the service. With free shipping we order everything from Amazon, why not? 

50 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I like it mostly for Prime Music. I really haven't watched any of the movies or anything else but they do offer a lot. The free shipping alone pays for the service. With free shipping we order everything from Amazon, why not? 

I have access to all the music I already need, between my own collection and other places I can get music for free, I don't need to pay for it. Different strokes for different folks. Not sure why people are always trying to convince others "you need this, because I have it". It was the same way with FB, and I know many who only got on because others basically forced them. (If grandma wants to keep up with the grandkids lives she has to be on FB to do so.

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I have access to all the music I already need, between my own collection and other places I can get music for free, I don't need to pay for it. Different strokes for different folks. Not sure why people are always trying to convince others "you need this, because I have it". It was the same way with FB, and I know many who only got on because others basically forced them. (If grandma wants to keep up with the grandkids lives she has to be on FB to do so.

People should really try to stop helping you to save money and get more, that's silly. Btw, that was said with sarcasm.   :Irishwink:

Just now, irish said:

People should really try to stop helping you to save money and get more, that's silly. Btw, that was said with sarcasm.   :Irishwink:

Since you decided to stick your sarcastic nose into this, tell me how paying money to subscribe to Prime saves me money? I already mentioned I always take the free shipping option with Amazon already, even if it means the product takes a few more days to get here. 

I don't really need help saving money, I've always been good at it, and part of that is not paying for every service that is popular and "necessary to be part of society".

Now can we go back to discussing yesterday's game....or just let this "discussion" end.

Amazon is easy for me, I can get whatever music I want for a smaller extra fee, get Amazon Prime TV as I don't have cable so that adds a fair amount of options. But the primary reason is the free and quick shipping. Whatever random items I don't want to spend time hunting down in a store you can get cheaply and look at reviews on Amazon and it will get delivered to your door in a few days. I use other services on my Alexa device as well which can be pretty convenient, as long as you don't mind a spy device in your home,, but I completely understand why someone may not want to. Even without any Alexa related items though the Amazon shipping alone pays for it if you use it much at all. The thing I don't like it is that it and other big box stores have really driven out a lot of smaller, family businesses. The cause unfortunately is it is a cheaper, more efficient process without losing quality and maybe gaining quality. Hard to fight that. 

• Like 1