[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frequency of stat corrections?

8rattoon

Holy crap. Going into that last drive I needed 3.18 from Lamar to win. Score being what it was, etc...the only way I could get that was if Lamar had some good scrambles.

I ended up winning by .02 points, the smallest margin of victory possible. 

So, how frequent are stat corrections? I remember the famous Denard Robinson 7 yarder on Christmas that swung quite a few matches. How comfortable should I feel that this will stand?

Here is the link where MFL details all the stat changes each week when they become official, which is usually Thursday morning.

As @Bobby Brownsaid, it is primarily changes to things like tackles/assists, QB pressures, passes defended, etc., but there are occasionally things like where there is a play like a swing/screen pass that they change from a pass to a rush or vice versa, thus a change in passing/rushing/receiving yardage, and in some cases, a change in TDs if they play resulted in a score.

I did a quick scan of the Week 4 changes, and the only changes to offensive players happened in the Jets/Steelers game:

• Corey Davis: from 7 to 6 Pass Targets.
  • Michael Carter: from 0 to 1 Fumbles.
  • Zach Wilson: from 0 to 1 Own Fumble Recoveries

That's great, thank you.

So, here is the elephant on the room:

I won by .02 points, and I'm commissioner of this league as well. What's the proper thing to do here if the result of the game changes on Thurs am? Do most platforms retroactively adjust standings, etc?

59 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

That's great, thank you.

So, here is the elephant on the room:

I won by .02 points, and I'm commissioner of this league as well. What's the proper thing to do here if the result of the game changes on Thurs am? Do most platforms retroactively adjust standings, etc?

You won't need to do anything; the host site will take care of it.  Unless it's some wonky site that no one's heard of I suppose.  

Depends on site settings.

On MFL, there is a setting that you can either set for it to automatically apply stat changes or to not apply them (making it manual if one then decides to apply them). All of the leagues I am in on MFL have it set to automatically apply.

I believe most of the other major sites automatically apply these, but I strongly suggest you look it up on your particular league provider to see what the settings are, as that is not universally true.

47 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Depends on site settings.

On MFL, there is a setting that you can either set for it to automatically apply stat changes or to not apply them (making it manual if one then decides to apply them). All of the leagues I am in on MFL have it set to automatically apply.

I believe most of the other major sites automatically apply these, but I strongly suggest you look it up on your particular league provider to see what the settings are, as that is not universally true.

Huh, I didn't even realize MFL had that option.  Why would anyone set it to manual?  I figured it was automatic just about across the board.  They are official NFL stat changes.... why would they let a commish decide to not enforce them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Huh, I didn't even realize MFL had that option.  Why would anyone set it to manual?  I figured it was automatic just about across the board.  They are official NFL stat changes.... why would they let a commish decide to not enforce them?

Some leagues like everything to be "final" on Monday night. I tend to agree with you that I prefer it to be "correct" even if it means waiting for Thursday to be "final".

Some of the FAQ from MFL about this:

How does MFL Account for Stats Changes?

Answer: Occasionally, the Elias Sports Bureau (the official Statistician of the NFL) makes official statistics changes after a week's games have been completed. Note that there is no set schedule for when these corrections are announced - they might be announced a day after a game is over, and at other times, it may be weeks later.

When changes like this happen after we've issued "Final Weekly Results" for a given week, we allow you, as the league commissioner, to decide if you'd like to include or exclude these late statistics changes from your league results. Be sure to select the For Commissioners > Setup > Statistics Changes menu item to manage these stat changes as needed. Note that we publish any official stats changes that are made through Thursday morning for the current week. Any official stat changes that are made by the Elias Sports Bureau after Thursday morning of a given week will not be included as an option on MyFantasyLeague.com. Any official stat changes made after Thursday of a given week would need to be manually applied by the commissioner if a league wants to include those changes.

Owners can see a comprehensive list of stat changes (regardless if they were applied to their league or not) via the Help > Official Statistics Changes menu item.

How do I implement stats changes when they occur?

Answer: When a stat change is issued by the NFL and the Elias Sports Bureau, you (as commissioner) can use the For Commissioner > Setup > Statistics Changes screen to choose whether or not to have them applied to your league.

With the automatic process option, the changes will be applied on Thursday mornings each week at about 4 am ET. Note that the automatic processing option will retroactively update all past weeks, so if you turn on the auto apply option in Week #5, it will update weeks 1 through 4 as well.

Edited by Big Country

Below is all CBS has regarding stat corrections. We don't use IDP nor do we have defensive stats that include categories which are likely to be changed (outside of a sack). Our scores are generally considered to be final as of Tuesday morning. We run waivers before Wednesday morning, based on an order set from that week's standings. And those moves are not easily reversed if a stat correction occurs that alters a game result that would have impacted the waiver run. 

image.png.f60f8c35ffb8a3108360631fb0f963cd.png