[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 8 chat

darin3

21 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

Tua played very well. Could he be the comeback player of the year?

Giving a 2nd year QB comeback of the year is kind of loaded.  I would think Geno Smith may be in running for all time career comeback in NFL history. 5 for 5 today on a 4th quarter drive to take the lead. He is pretty much excelling on all levels as a journeyman/career backup.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Can they go 17 - 0 this season?

Yes.   Two tough games - Dallas and New Orleans.   I think the run the table.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Giving a 2nd year QB comeback of the year is kind of loaded.  I would think Geno Smith may be in running for all time career comeback in NFL history. 5 for 5 today on a 4th quarter drive to take the lead. He is pretty much excelling on all levels as a journeyman/career backup.

Tua did get 10 starts in 2020, so this is his 3rd year. But I still agree with your assessment; he hasn't fallen far enough to "come back." I will point out that Joe Burrow won it during his 2nd year. For Comeback Player of the Year, I like Geno Smith, Saquon, CMC, and Henry. But my dark horse............................................................. Daniel Jones!!!!!!! 

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Tua did get 10 starts in 2020, so this is his 3rd year. But I still agree with your assessment; he hasn't fallen far enough to "come back." I will point out that Joe Burrow won it during his 2nd year. For Comeback Player of the Year, I like Geno Smith, Saquon, CMC, and Henry. But my dark horse............................................................. Daniel Jones!!!!!!! 

To clarify...I think Tua deserves consideration and Burrow was probably a pretty obvious choice last year. This year, at least so far, has more compelling comeback stories.

14 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I slept through most of the end of the first set of games and most of the second set of games.   

Other than the Panthers Falcons finish, I didn't seem miss much..  

Besides not having a team you care enough to watch play, statistical arm chairing after the games probably isn't going to be much fun either. 

But yea, the only game today between two winning teams was Hawks and Giants.  It was an awesome smash mouth affair and things opened up in the 2nd half.  I was immensely entertained.

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Isn't it crazy how DJ Moore is now a WR1 again now that Baker Mayfield isn't the QB? Seems like a trend doesn't it? 

A WR1?  You mean like a starting WR in 12 team fantasy leagues? Sure he has had 2 nice games since Baker was benched (and one not so good game, the two good ones both coming after CMC was traded and the offense has to operate differently). Or do you just mean on random weeks he can put up WR1 stats? 

Nope not here to defend Baker, just wondering exactly what the WR1 means for Moore, and how he returns to that level. Must not be a top 12 WR in fantasy stats, because I'm looking at WR fantasy stats from last year (no PPR) and he wasn't even in the top 20, and was right at #20 in 2020.

Is he serious? He's been about as bad as anyone could be and he's calling out the team? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34913495/steelers-qb-kenny-pickett-calls-offense-mental-mistakes

“I’m sure Pickett is right,” Madden said. “But if I was on the offensive side of the ball, I’d go, ‘Hey kid, you’ve got two touchdowns, eight interceptions. Shut the (heck) up.’ You can’t preach when you are a rookie not succeeding or not making progress yourself. Nobody wants to hear that.” - Mark Madden 

Edited by League_Champion

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I mean, the numbers don't lie. He's been unbelievable the last couple weeks after doing nothing all season. I think Bakers days as a starting NFL QB are winding down. He'd be one of the best backups 

Would you quit with the Baker talk, I don't care and know where you stand on him.

I'm talking about your assertion that Moore has now returned to WR1 status. I asked what does that mean, is it like a top 12 WR, which in a 12 team league would be a legit WR1 on a team? Or do you simply mean he is CAR's top WR, hence their WR1?  (Of course every team has a best WR, even if they all suck.) Or is it something else? Its a simple question.

Yes he had 2 good weeks, I am not arguing with that. Yes Baker was replaced, the game before the two good ones, which also coincided with them trading the center piece of offense. ATL is the worst passing defense in the league (most yards, attempts and completions allowed and 4th in TDs allowed). TB is better, but still not very good. He's got he averaged (6.5-110-1) in the past 2 gams, he isn't going to keep up that pace. Sure he;'s 

The top 12 WR in average scoring (no PPR but I doubt it changes things much) - Diggs, Hopkins, Kupp, Hill, Jefferson, Chase, AJ Brown, Waddle, Thomas , DAdams, Marq Brown, Davis. (Yes Michel Thomas with just 3 starts is a top 12 in average per game, obviously he isn't a great start now, Evans was 13th on the list. Is Moore somebody you'd want over any of them?