[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathan Taylor - Worst # 1 overall ever ?

whomper

Im not talking about prior # 1s that were lost to injury . Guys that actually played a majority of their season and especially in comparison to the previous year . Has there been a worse consensus # 1 ? 

6 minutes ago, DarkProto05 said:

Didn’t Leveon Bell or McCaffry missed an entire season after being no. 1?

Both  McCaffrey missed all but 3 games in 2020 after his monster year in 2019. Bell missed all of 2018 after his stellar season. (Not sure if they were #in fantasy was looking for missed seasons, and noticed both were All Pro 1st team and Pro Bowl (CMC was Off POY too) the year before. 

2 hours ago, Decisions said:

Absolutely the worst in any recent memory in my opinion. He’s led me to 2-6 on the year and I can’t even trade him for a ham sandwich at this point.

gonna roll with him at this point and he’ll never be on my roster again

You might want to downgrade a bit and only go for a bologna sandwich. You might be able to trade him off for that. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkProto05 said:

Didn’t Leveon Bell or McCaffry missed an entire season after being no. 1?

I did preface it by saying not counting injury. Im basing my opinion on guys that actually played , while I am aware Taylor did miss games with injuries. While he has been in there though ,  ooof  nowhere near first round numbers , never mind 1.01

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

#1 Shaun Alexander 2005 almost 2000 yards and 28 TDs got paid 8 year 62 million and 2006 and beyond  was the softest player ever seen

Good one...he also got hurt in 2006 and missed 6 games, his attempts per game was actually 2 more in 2006 than 2005. But he did a lot less with those carries, fewer yards per attempt and a massive drop off in TDs. 

23 hours ago, Bel Air Bobcat said:

You might want to downgrade a bit and only go for a bologna sandwich. You might be able to trade him off for that. 😉

I don't think there's much difference:

Now, grocery shopping for school lunches might bring similar stressors. A new report from the Department of Labor on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) showed that the price of lunch meat is on the rise. Compared to July 2021, the price of lunch meat has gone up nearly 20% as of July 2022. 

So still not worth it.   :coach:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boltnlava said:

I don't think there's much difference:

Now, grocery shopping for school lunches might bring similar stressors. A new report from the Department of Labor on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) showed that the price of lunch meat is on the rise. Compared to July 2021, the price of lunch meat has gone up nearly 20% as of July 2022. 

So still not worth it.   :coach:

213b790a-89f5-4af8-9920-80f990522958.3addfa474ebdf805ac9f2432615aa891.jpeg

In 2014, LeSean McCoy was the #1 pick by ADP but he only had 2 TDs and 2 100 yard games through the first half of the season. Also, keep in mind that Taylor has missed two games due to injury and is playing hurt right now instead of resting. So calling him a non-injury bust is inaccurate.

6 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Going to throw in David Johnson 2017 as another ugly bust. 

That's the first person that came to mind for me too.  He was a first round pick and I held him in my dynasty league for a couple sesaons and ultimately just dropped him.

I think a lot of studs turn to duds after making 8 figures and deciding that it's not worth the risk after any kind of injury.  After years of working at an elite level they get the downtime and learn to like it.