[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stefon Diggs has sideline spat with Josh Allen

League_Champion

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You did and one of the reasons I was not that heartbroken over him leaving. He seemed awfully well behaved in Buffalo until recently. He was pretty well behaved in MN as well until they weren't winning that much and he wasn't getting the ball as much as he wanted. He is a bit of a diva, and it gets worse when he isn't getting what he wants 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

As it stood the Vikings got JJ with the 1st rounder we received. Certainly an upgrade in every way. 

I remember everyone scratching their heads at the time of that trade. It turned out to be an amazing deal for the Vikes. 

Diggs just can't help himself. I don't know how Josh Allen kept his cool but Diggs is a Man Baby 🍼

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, just your garden variety, par for the course diva.  Great talent, but a PITA.  Seems like where WR's are concerned, the two go hand in hand more often than not.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I remember everyone scratching their heads at the time of that trade. It turned out to be an amazing deal for the Vikes. 

Diggs just can't help himself. I don't know how Josh Allen kept his cool but Diggs is a Man Baby 🍼

People may have questioned it but it was a very logical move. Once somebody starts being a pain in the ass it isn't usually reparable and they got a first rounder. 

7 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Diggs also isn't wrong. The Bills played nowhere near their potential and he was frustrated. The Bengals came out and hit them in the mouth and kept hitting and nobody on the Bills fought back.

Agree & I really didn't see what the big deal was with what Diggs did. Sure it doesn't help and he should have handled himself better, but players get frustrated all the time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

challenge can reveal character

Or lack thereof.

29 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Diggs also isn't wrong. The Bills played nowhere near their potential and he was frustrated. The Bengals came out and hit them in the mouth and kept hitting and nobody on the Bills fought back.

If nobody fought back that includes Diggs, so he shouldn't be chirping at this teammates.

Sounds like the QB and coach did a good job covering for Diggs who acted childish. They both stayed and took questions, he ran away so he wouldn't have to explain himself. 

Yes this happens a lot, doesn't mean it should be acceptable behavior. Doesn't matter if it some future HOFer or a the last man on the bench. Being a star player doesn't mean you can behave poorly. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Agree & I really didn't see what the big deal was with what Diggs did. Sure it doesn't help and he should have handled himself better, but players get frustrated all the time.

Typically, these TMZ type of threads aren't worth commenting on, but I agree with you Rajn. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Agreed. I don't see what the big deal is. We've seen far worse. These athletes are competitors and a little fire is to be expected. 

In reference to the trade between the Vikings and Bills, it seems be a win-win. 

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

He stormed out of the locker room and didn't talk to the media afterwards and he is a team captain. That's not great behavior. Spreading your arms wide and yelling at your QB during the game is not great. I understand the competitiveness and Diggs brings the intensity himself so I get his point but this can be pretty divisive in a locker room. It became a problem for the Vikings and it may well becoming a problem for the Bills. 

• Like 1

Just now, purplemonster said:

He stormed out of the locker room and didn't talk to the media afterwards and he is a team captain. That's not great behavior. Spreading your arms wide and yelling at your QB during the game is not great. I understand the competitiveness and Diggs brings the intensity himself so I get his point but this can be pretty divisive in a locker room. It became a problem for the Vikings and it may well becoming a problem for the Bills. 

That's exactly why the Vikings moved him. He's a pain in the ass and if Josh gets tired of it then Diggs is gone again. 

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Agreed. I don't see what the big deal is. We've seen far worse. These athletes are competitors and a little fire is to be expected. 

I think winning cures a lot. As long as the Bills keep winning and Diggs gets enough touches then it will be fine, it not you may see the tantrums again. 

18 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I think winning cures a lot. As long as the Bills keep winning and Diggs gets enough touches then it will be fine, it not you may see the tantrums again. 

JJ threw a tantrum recently. I guess I just don't see it as a big deal. Brady, Jordan, Curry, and many other athletes do this. 

3 hours ago, gilthorp said:

When are we going to talk about Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rodgers' breakup and the effects on the season? 

Oh I'm sure a "certain poster" will be all over that after the Super Bowl and there's no actual football to talk about.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

JJ threw a tantrum recently. I guess I just don't see it as a big deal. Brady, Jordan, Curry, and many other athletes do this. 

What tantrum is that? Frustrated about his coverage? That's all I can think of. Not all frustration is equal. Spreading your arms at your QB when you are down and people need to come together is not helpful. Leaving as a team captain after a loss and  not manning up is not helpful. Fire is good, intensity is good, but it matters how you do it. I am sure the Bills will say it's fine, he's an intense guy, and maybe will be fine. But if things go south there's a good chance the same behavior happens. We see it differently, you see it as fire, and I see it as corrosive if not attended to.

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, purplemonster said:

What tantrum is that? Frustrated about his coverage? That's all I can think of. Not all frustration is equal. Spreading your arms at your QB when you are down and people need to come together is not helpful. Leaving as a team captain after a loss and  not manning up is not helpful. Fire is good, intensity is good, but it matters how you do it. I am sure the Bills will say it's fine, he's an intense guy, and maybe will be fine. But if things go south there's a good chance the same behavior happens. We see it differently, you see it as fire, and I see it as corrosive if not attended to.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/09/stefon-diggs-admits-he-became-a-bad-teammate-when-he-wanted-to-leave-minnesota/

21 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

21 hours ago, rajncajn said:

19 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Typically, these TMZ type of threads aren't worth commenting on, but I agree with you Rajn. 

16 hours ago, darin3 said:

Agreed.

15 hours ago, Shaft said:

His emotion is understandable, but what's "wrong" about it is that this kind of frustration demonstration is tantamount to pointing fingers.  Essentially Diggs is saying..."hey, it's not my fault we are losing", my QB isn't getting me the ball, I've done everything I could out here to get a W.

IMO, it's just a bad look each and every time a player demonstrates his frustration in this manner.  Whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant.  You win as a team and you lose as a team.  Calling out your QB on national TV and throwing him under the bus for not getting you the ball, is a bush league move.  Some guys will use the "heat of the moment" excuse to get a pass for this behavior, but that's a load of BS.  Find the self discipline to save it until your cleats hit the locker room floor. 

• Thanks 1