[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Police issue a warrant for Joe Mixon's arrest

irish

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/police-issue-warrant-for-joe-mixons-arrest

According to court documents, Mixon is accused of pointing a gun at a victim saying, "you should be popped in the face. I should shoot you now. The police can' get me." 

Mixon is charged with aggravated menacing. 

Edited by irish

Yeah here is the video. He was fortunate he was allowed to play in the NFL if you ask me. Regardless of what happened there isn't an excuse to hit a woman like that. https://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/2016/12/17/joe-mixon-video-oklahoma-newday.cnn

And the he said, she said https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18318569/oklahoma-sooners-rb-joe-mixon-told-police-punched-woman-reaction

9 hours ago, irish said:

According to court documents, Mixon is accused of pointing a gun at a victim saying, "you should be popped in the face. I should shoot you now. The police can' get me." 

He might very well be "innocent" in this instance, but as they say...where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

So, first he punched a girl in a sandwich shop years ago, and now this, as of yet undetermined incident.  Can't be just a coincidence, can it?

That's strike TWO in my book.

• Like 1

Interesting statement from his agent, about the authorities being more careful before they file charges because it can harm the person's reputation. I would agree and think that should apply to everybody. But if course if most of us here did this it also doesn't make the news because we are not well known. 

Who knows what really happened, but doing anything like waving a gun at somebody and threatening them isn't a good thing. 

I doubt we're every going to really know what happened. Was trying to find some news and not even sure the charges have been dropped yet. Something about the judge wanting to make sure the victim in the case is notified. That same story (on CBS sports) said it is unclear why the prosecutor asked for dismissal has not been given. There is a statement appears to be tied to his agent which says it isn't clear if the victim recanted or a private settlement was reached. 

22 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Interesting statement from his agent, about the authorities being more careful before they file charges because it can harm the person's reputation. I would agree and think that should apply to everybody. But if course if most of us here did this it also doesn't make the news because we are not well known. 

Who knows what really happened, but doing anything like waving a gun at somebody and threatening them isn't a good thing. 

19 hours ago, gilthorp said:

You don't say. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Somebody get paid? 

17 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Not me, I demand payment before he plays again 

Whether guilty or "innocent", all I know is that we have a long standing double standard in this country, and it MUST STOP.  I don't care who you are, or who you THINK you are, if any of us can be dragged off to jail for doing something similar, then so should everybody.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:08 PM, irish said:

Guns arent toys.  If the story is true, aggravated menacing seems weak.  

• 1 month later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/joe-mixons-sister-speaks-out-over-shooting-in-anderson-township/ar-AA18jHYO

Mike Dardis, news anchor for WLWT News 5 in Cincinnati, tweeted that Mixon's sister, Shelonda, told the media outlet that her brother was not involved in the shooting that left a juvenile injured.

WLWT News 5 has stated in its report that there is at least one evidence marker in the yard of Mixon's home and by 11 p.m., deputies had extended the crime scene tape across the whole of his home. A car was allowed into the driveway at around 12:15 a.m. after it was reported that the deputies were seen banging loudly on the door of Mixon's home and asking for the homeowner to come out of the property.

An envelope of documents was brought by a law enforcement officer about an hour later and deputies entered the house.

WLWT News 5 reported that flashlights could be seen in the house and further deputies arrived with note-taking supplies, some 30 minutes after the house had been entered.

Around 3:20 a.m., the deputies left the building without making an arrest and the crime scene tape was removed from the property.

It's crap like this that makes me wonder why a team like the Titans would shop Derrick Henry.  He's a great player and also a good guy.  Look at the Wilson fiasco - #1 draft pick and fired by 3 teams within a year.  I'm sure it's always been an issue but with these guys scrutinized by the media now, which is so easily accessible, a team has to worry about talent and also aszhole-factor.

23 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

It's crap like this that makes me wonder why a team like the Titans would shop Derrick Henry.  He's a great player and also a good guy.  Look at the Wilson fiasco - #1 draft pick and fired by 3 teams within a year.  I'm sure it's always been an issue but with these guys scrutinized by the media now, which is so easily accessible, a team has to worry about talent and also aszhole-factor.

Would that be Isaiah Wilson?  Was trying to think of the top draft picks with that name and cannot come up with one that fits, until I went back a few drafts searching for Wilson and saw him as a Titans draft pick. I was not familiar with his time in the NFL or his many troubles with the teams and the law. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Wilson

As for teams scrutinizing players for the aszhole-factor as you call it, well some actually ignore that, and sign players to huge market breaking deals who have serious issues in that regard (CLE & Watson). 

54 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Would that be Isaiah Wilson?  Was trying to think of the top draft picks with that name and cannot come up with one that fits, until I went back a few drafts searching for Wilson and saw him as a Titans draft pick. I was not familiar with his time in the NFL or his many troubles with the teams and the law. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Wilson

As for teams scrutinizing players for the aszhole-factor as you call it, well some actually ignore that, and sign players to huge market breaking deals who have serious issues in that regard (CLE & Watson). 

Yes, sorry Isaiah.  Beast of a guy but upon arriving in Nashville he immediately embraced the party life and was unreliable when it came to practice.  We dumped him for a middle draft pick to Miami who cut him rather quickly.  One of his early expenses was an Aston Martin, which he was doing donuts with in an intersection.   After the DUI charges, he consigned the car through my friend's dealership. I drove it and it was pretty nice.  Now that guy is probably driving around in an old Camry lol.  

• Like 1