[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our country is broken

6kings

1 minute ago, irish said:

And there are the holes, Thank you.  You will vote for Trump while ignoring what a divisive, terrible human being he is but can easily poke at all of Biden's shortcomings. 

People like you are why this country is broken.  You hate America and don't even realize it. I can't waste anymore time with you, it's a lost cause. 

But Biden is as pure as the driven snow! He has a lot of shortcomings 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irish said:

Would you vote for Trump in the next election, regardless if he's in jail or not?  

Better question would be what will he do if Trump goes to jail?

Or what will he do if Trump loses the GOP primary? 

He is a lost cause for sure, a real Trump follower, not just a supporter, those people eventually see some of the bad and will question if he is the best. Not only is it "anybody but Joe" for 6kings but its "nobody but Trump". 

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Seriously, how stupid can one be?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/25/hunter-biden-judge-plea-deal-phone-call-00108184

The judge who will review Hunter Biden’s plea deal on Wednesday accused a member of Biden’s legal team of misrepresenting herself in a phone call to the court — a bizarre episode that prompted the judge to threaten sanctions even as Biden’s lawyers insisted it was all a misunderstanding.

In a brief order Tuesday afternoon, U.S. District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika wrote that an employee at Latham & Watkins, a law firm representing the president’s son, had called the court clerk’s office and falsely claimed to work for a Republican lawyer in the hopes of persuading the clerk to remove documents that apparently contained Biden’s personal tax information.

Oh no. My day, and perhaps my week is ruined because of this. 

Just now, 6kings said:

But Biden is as pure as the driven snow! He has a lot of shortcomings 

Nobody here supporting Biden thinks he is perfect or the best option. But we prefer him to Trump, or DeSantis.  I could accept some moderate GOP members, but they're becoming rare in the party, if even allowed to stay in the club. 

• Like 1

Just now, gilthorp said:

Oh no. My day, and perhaps my week is ruined because of this. 

You didn't have to read it. :shrug:

Sorry I think that it's stupid of a person from HBs legal team to impersonate someone from an opposing legal team in an attempt to get the sitting judge to disregard evidence. Maybe not news to you, but it puts HBs plea deal at risk, which means he'd be open to the higher charges and possible jail time 

You don't care,  ok, ignore it. 

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Everything is not revolving around Ukraine, that's just your vivid imagination.

It’s not my imagination. If you don’t know what is going on there then I guess you have your head in the sand 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

You said it was a big part of the reason.  Let me assure you, you do not understand how inflation works.  

Supply and demand 

unemployment

and the old fall back Covid

and printing money that we will never be able to pay back 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Nobody here supporting Biden thinks he is perfect or the best option. But we prefer him to Trump, or DeSantis.  I could accept some moderate GOP members, but they're becoming rare in the party, if even allowed to stay in the club. 

Just curious, two things:

1. Why not DeSantis? And don't worry, I'm not looking to persuade or even try to refute you. I'm genuinely curious to hear something other than he's a book-banning, racist, fascist. 

2. Are there any conservative candidates  that at least interest you and are you willing to say who? I'm willing to look at RFK, Whitmer and Klobuchar. If it came down to one of those and Trump, I'd definitely lean their direction. 

11 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

You didn't have to read it. :shrug:

Sorry I think that it's stupid of a person from HBs legal team to impersonate someone from an opposing legal team in an attempt to get the sitting judge to disregard evidence. Maybe not news to you, but it puts HBs plea deal at risk, which means he'd be open to the higher charges and possible jail time 

You don't care,  ok, ignore it. 

I think that the bolded above is stupid as well, but also question the validity of that claim. The points in the story about the phone# being identified as from the firm representing Hunter and so forth. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Sounds like maybe Hunter's legal team, but not really sure how it fit into the flow of the thread. 

Oh, i thought the premise of the thread was general political shenanigans. The title is: Our Country is Broken. HB is the president's son and he's facing tax charges that could put him in jail, stemming from monies he recieved from foreign business dealings. Sorry, I thought that was within the realm of notyour thread.

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

Just curious, two things:

1. Why not DeSantis? And don't worry, I'm not looking to persuade or even try to refute you. I'm genuinely curious to hear something other than he's a book-banning, racist, fascist. 

2. Are there any conservative candidates  that at least interest you and are you willing to say who? I'm willing to look at RFK, Whitmer and Klobuchar. If it came down to one of those and Trump, I'd definitely lean their direction. 

1.  Well then I guess you won't like my answer. Sorry I simply do not agree with the extreme right wing and their anti-woke crusade. If you don't see the GOP rolling back the rights of women (abortion), LGBTQ, and other minority groups you're just in agreement with their plans to keep White Christian male dominated society intact. I am in that group, and I don't agree with their plans.

2. Bob Dole wasn't a bad candidate, neither was Mitt Romney. Of the GOP running today I haven't delved into many of them, for two big reasons. First and foremost, none of them really have a chance. Second, almost everybody in the GOP running for a national office is going to cater to some parts of their culture war.  RFK is far too conspiracy driven to be on my radar, but he sure is getting popular among GOP voters (more than DEMs from a recent poll).

After the way things have gone in the last few years I am voting straight blue in every election. That includes voting against the Ohio legislatures plan to make it harder to pass a constitutional amendment, which was done primarily to prevent the majority of citizens from going against the wishes of the elected people. Gerrymandered districts (both parties do it) have given the GOP great power in the legislature, and they don't want the people doing stuff like making abortion or recreational pot legal. Of course they have tried this several times in the last couple of decades. Every time a citizen led initiative is passed that goes against what they want (gambling. medical MJ). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I think that the bolded above is stupid as well, but also question the validity of that claim. The points in the story about the phone# being identified as from the firm representing Hunter and so forth. 

So, you think the sitting judge may not be telling the truth? The phone number being on caller ID sounds like something a kid would try to argue. If someone calls a judges office and says, "hello, I'm from X law firm representing X" I think you pretty much lose the "well the caller ID told you I wasn't who I said I was" argument.:lol:

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Oh, i thought the premise of the thread was general political shenanigans. The title is: Our Country is Broken. HB is the president's son and he's facing tax charges that could put him in jail, stemming from monies he recieved from foreign business dealings. Sorry, I thought that was within the realm of notyour thread.

My god...someone is sensi-poo.  

58 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He is a lost cause for sure, a real Trump follower, not just a supporter, those people eventually see some of the bad and will question if he is the best. Not only is it "anybody but Joe" for 6kings but its "nobody but Trump". 

I guess there’s a lot of us

IMG_1328.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

1.  Well then I guess you won't like my answer. Sorry I simply do not agree with the extreme right wing and their anti-woke crusade. If you don't see the GOP rolling back the rights of women (abortion), LGBTQ, and other minority groups you're just in agreement with their plans to keep White Christian male dominated society intact. I am in that group, and I don't agree with their plans.

2. Bob Dole wasn't a bad candidate, neither was Mitt Romney. Of the GOP running today I haven't delved into many of them, for two big reasons. First and foremost, none of them really have a chance. Second, almost everybody in the GOP running for a national office is going to cater to some parts of their culture war.  RFK is far too conspiracy driven to be on my radar, but he sure is getting popular among GOP voters (more than DEMs from a recent poll).

After the way things have gone in the last few years I am voting straight blue in every election. That includes voting against the Ohio legislatures plan to make it harder to pass a constitutional amendment, which was done primarily to prevent the majority of citizens from going against the wishes of the elected people. Gerrymandered districts (both parties do it) have given the GOP great power in the legislature, and they don't want the people doing stuff like making abortion or recreational pot legal. Of course they have tried this several times in the last couple of decades. Every time a citizen led initiative is passed that goes against what they want (gambling. medical MJ). 

Fair enough and thanks for answering. When I have more time, I'd like to start a thread to discuss the possible Democrat candidates. Admittedly there's a lot I don't know and since my state allows me to vote in both primaries, I want to make a good decision on what candidate to vote for.

17 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

My god...someone is sensi-poo.  

Lol, y'all are the ones whining about my post not fitting what you consider to be the flow of a thread that you didn't even start. :lol:

28 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

So, you think the sitting judge may not be telling the truth? The phone number being on caller ID sounds like something a kid would try to argue. If someone calls a judges office and says, "hello, I'm from X law firm representing X" I think you pretty much lose the "well the caller ID told you I wasn't who I said I was" argument.:lol:

The sweetheart deal about to go sour.

• Like 1

• DMD locked this topic