[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to DET

Anonymouse

Amazing job turning the culture tide in DET to play strong bully ball this year in the mold of their coach.  Coach of the year candidate? Perhaps.

Still think they're a level down from SF, PHI and even Dallas, but close enough to be dangerous.  Very happy for their fans after years of suffering.  And that's coming from a Bears fan.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The next big game at my house as my brother from Michigan who is a Lions fan is visiting. 

Enjoy the game!  Some of my favorite games are 49ers / Packers games because my Dad is a huge Packers fan and we watch them together.   Of course the 49ers have owned the Packers, which makes them more fun

10 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Enjoy the game!  Some of my favorite games are 49ers / Packers games because my Dad is a huge Packers fan and we watch them together.   Of course the 49ers have owned the Packers, which makes them more fun

Another brother in California who relocated from LA to North of Sacramento a few years ago is now a big 49ers fan, so we're all pretty happy now.

The more I read about the two-point conversion and the penalty on that play the more it sounds like the Lions confused the referees instead of the defense. 

I also agree with the comment someone else made earlier that if Campbell didn't go for it (he 2nd and 3rd times) then people were going to question are they the same team including his own team.

11 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The more I read about the two-point conversion and the penalty on that play the more it sounds like the Lions confused the referees instead of the defense. 

I also agree with the comment someone else made earlier that if Campbell didn't go for it (he 2nd and 3rd times) then people were going to question are they the same team including his own team.

Far too often we're looking for excuses for the refs. Yes, there are many things (insert team name here) could or should have done to win the game, but that doesn't change the fact that they or any team should not have to compete against both the opposing team and the incompetence of the people officiating, especially when many games are decided on razor-thin circumstances. If it's a game of inches, then they should use an accurate ruler.

11 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Far too often we're looking for excuses for the refs. Yes, there are many things (insert team name here) could or should have done to win the game, but that doesn't change the fact that they or any team should not have to compete against both the opposing team and the incompetence of the people officiating, especially when many games are decided on razor-thin circumstances. If it's a game of inches, then they should use an accurate ruler.

I am not looking for an excuse for the ref, just trying to understand how this happened. Why a guy who did not need to declare as eligible was out there talking to the ref. Decker (68 who caught the pass) was not the only one to approach the ref, 70 (Skipper) was also there and he was the one the ref announced. Skipper even says "I did exactly what the coach told me" like the coach instructed them to do something special. They also didn't use the hand motion on their chest, but instead walked up to the ref.  Why? 

I was talking with my brother the Lions fan, we both felt like the Lions tried to be clever but confused the wrong people. Blasting the officials is an easy out. It was clear they were trying not draw attention to 68, and it backfired. The player reporting as eligible needs to make sure the ref gets it right, the refs even announce it (we hear those "number xx is eligible" calls in game audio). 

Link below is an article I read earlier, I think my brother may have something similar yesterday. 

This text below explains how they sent not 1 or 2 but 3 guys towards the official, attempting to confuse the Cowboys, instead it confused the ref.

"That's all, but that's everything. By having both Decker and tackle Penei Sewell approach referee Brad Allen from one direction while the Lions usual jumbo tight end, Dan Skipper, ran from the sideline and approached Allen as if Skipper were reporting as eligible, the Lions hoped the Cowboys would lose track of which player was actually eligible. The problem is that, in the effort to fool the Cowboys, the Lions also fooled Allen"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dan-campbell-admits-lions-tried-to-confuse-cowboys-as-to-who-was-eligible-on-two-point-play/ar-AA1mkFIQ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=27457d82cefa4f6abc1a64a55ab560ba&ei=13#comments

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 11:12 PM, Anonymouse said:

Fans were crying for tonight's playoff victory

I can relate to that, I had similar feelings when Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a playoff victory over the Steelers.

Next up, Baker Mayfield and the Bucs. 

• Like 1

In the now defunct Dallas is going to the sb thread , early on I said Detroit impressed the hell out of me . They rollercoastered a few times throughout the season but its no doubt a team that has many critical pieces in place. I hope they win the whole thing though I still feel Frisco is the team to beat  .Lions fans have been so loyal through years of dread 

Edited by whomper