[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning's pre-snap gyrations

CaptainHook

What do you think of Peyton Manning's pre-snap activities?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Peyton Manning's pre-snap activities?

• They drive me crazy. Just snap the @$#* ball!
    • They are somewhat annoying. Come on already.
    • They do no bother me at all.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those annoying gestures is one of the things that makes him a great QB! The defenses can't tell if he really is changing the plays or if he is running a bluff!

600769[/snapback]

And throwing off defenses when he is to snap the ball, as some of those are edgeing the border of a false start.

It's not voting for a President. Look at the results. It's not 100% "Does not bother me at all"

602082[/snapback]

Does your post mean that you think someone has to win 100% of the vote to become President?

Because that's not how it works you know. Hell a person can win the Presidency without even getting a majority of the vote. And I think I will forego trying to explain the Electoral College to you.

But amazingly enough you were right about one thing, we were not voting for President.

But it is a poll. And the purpose of a poll is to get the "overall feeling"about the issue for which the poll was created.

This poll was created to see what the "Overall Feeling" was concerning Manning's pre-snap routine.

And "Does not bother me at all" is the most common vote. Therefore it has moved into the lead, therefore it is winning the poll. Therefore the "Overall Feeling" is that Manning's Pre-snap routine Does not bother, most people, at all.

Unlike yourself, because you do bother most people.

Edited by Jrick35

But it is a poll. And the purpose of a poll is to get the "overall feeling"about the issue for which the poll was created.

This poll was created to see what the "Overall Feeling" was concerning Manning's pre-snap routine.

And "Does not bother me at all" is the most common vote. Therefore it has moved into the lead, therefore it is winning the poll. Therefore the "Overall Feeling" is that Manning's Pre-snap routine Does not bother, most people, at all.

602818[/snapback]

It's 20%, 32% and 47%. Drives me crazy and Annoying are 52% together. If the poll said Does Not Bother and I Think It's Smart, then the poll would be divided on 2 sides, not just the Annoying side. The poll makes it seem like Does Not Bother is the popular choice, when the votes against it are divided into 2 categories.

Edited by WaterMan

It's 20%, 32% and 47%. Drives me crazy and Annoying are 52% together. If the poll said Does Not Bother and I Think It's Smart, then the poll would be divided on 2 sides, not just the Annoying side. The poll makes it seem like Does Not Bother is the popular choice, when the votes against it are divided into 2 categories.

602830[/snapback]

1st of all, 20+32+47=99. Shouldn't your number reflect 100% of the poll's results?

2nd of all, to use your Presidential Election analogy, there were more than 2 Candidates running for President. So any vote for any candidate other than Bush was a vote against Bush, yet Bush still won more of the popular vote and more of the Electoral College than any of the other candidates. So that makes him the winner. That's how these things work. The choice that receives the most votes wins.

3rd of all, the three choices in this poll are...

They drive me crazy. Just snap the @$#* ball!

They are somewhat annoying. Come on already.

They do no bother me at all.

The 1st choice is the only one that is clearly a vote against Manning's Pre-snap routine.

The 2nd Choice is actually a vote of indifference while the 3rd choice is clearly the vote in favor of them.

Using your example of combining 2 choices in your weak attempt at winning an argument let's see what happens when we combine the results of Choices 2 & 3 to pit them against the only clear vote against Manning's Gyrations.

Hmmm, 31.67% plus 48.33%=80%. So 80% of the people polled are either indifferent to or not bothered at all by Manning's Gyrations against a mere 20% who were against them.

Get over it man, the simple truth is, most fans of football repsect what Peyton Manning brings to the table each and every week.

His preparation and dedication are unmatched. And this year, so are his stats. And when the Colts win the Super Bowl THIS YEAR, maybe just maybe the other 20% who voted wrong in this poll will realize what a great Season they wasted, pissing and moaning about what Manning has done.

Edited by Jrick35

They are somewhat annoying. Come on already.

Come on already is indifference? It sounds like someone who is closer to voting for They drive me crazy. Just snap the @$#* ball!

Wonder why there isn't 2 voting options for the positive views of Manning's pre-snap gyrations. There are 2 negative views.

Edited by WaterMan

I'm a Peyton Hata.

Just one more reason to hate him, and hope someone stuffs the football down his throat when the ball has been snapped while he is still audibling about the opposing DB's mass divided by his velocity squared by his number of arrests. In fact, I think the Colts' center probably would want to snap it way early once in awhile just to shut him up ("peyton stop yelling into my Gd-amm a$$ willya!")

This being said, I'm voting for "doesn't bother me" as having rivals, people to hate, players that fascinate you, and that annoy you is part of what makes watching football great.

It's not that Peyton is a bad guy at all, it's that as a Pats fan, you need a reason to hate the Colts when they meet. if it weren't the audibling, it would be something else. I'm glad peyton went with something that is fundamentally annoying to watch

As far as watching his pre-snap antics go, I don't mind it that much. However, I hate going up against him on Madden 2005. It seems like every snap he is changing the play. Anytime I move a player, he audibles. It drives me nuts! I want to hit him as hard as I can and hopefully injure him, so I don't have to go through that.

Sorry, I kinda got off on a rant there.

As far as watching his pre-snap antics go, I don't mind it that much.  However, I hate going up against him on Madden 2005.  It seems like every snap he is changing the play.  Anytime I move a player, he audibles.  It drives me nuts!  I want to hit him as hard as I can and hopefully injure him, so I don't have to go through that.

Sorry, I kinda got off on a rant there.

604339[/snapback]

:D

Eh, it obviously works for him and the Colts offense, so there's no reason for him to change it.. On the other hand, I recall reading an interview with Favre where they asked him about Manning and why Favre doesn't do it (I'd say after running the same offense for about 13 years, Favre has the right); Favre said he audibles once or twice per game - which obviously doesn't do too bad for GB.

I don't generally watch Indy games so it's no big deal to me, but watching a full 3+ hours of it on MNF or whenever, it DOES get a bit to the point of "Jesus, just snap the f'in ball"; obviously with a talented and bright QB he can (and should) audible when he sees something - but EVERY FREAKIN' PLAY?

I think he's showing off and Madden and other commentators hang on his sack for it.

I don't generally watch Indy games so it's no big deal to me, but watching a full 3+ hours of it on MNF or whenever, it DOES get a bit to the point of "Jesus, just snap the f'in ball"; obviously with a talented and bright QB he can (and should) audible when he sees something - but EVERY FREAKIN' PLAY?

I think he's showing off and Madden and other commentators hang on his sack for it.

604989[/snapback]

Favre - Superbowl without audibling

Brady - same

Manning - squat

I didn't know success ment putting up good Fantasy Football numbers. :D

Edited by WaterMan

You do have to understand what is going on.  The Colts call three plays in the huddle.  If he didn't audible, they wouldn't know which play to run.  I don't think you can argue with it's successfulness. . .

605064[/snapback]

Good Point Hook. In fact it's your point in this post that causes me the most consternation with all of the Manning bashers.

The only time all of these Manning bashers would be making any sense is if the Colts Offense were struggling.

For instance -

The Bashers say that Manning throws inside the 10 too much.

That would be a legitimate complaint if he had thrown a bunch of INT's inside the 10 or if the Colts had to settle for a lot of Chip Shot FG's from inside the 10.

BUT...the reality is that Manning has thrown for 20+TD's from inside the 10, so it works.

The Bashers also say that Edge is being ignored during Manning's record chase.

That would be a legitimate complaint if Edge wasn't getting carries or scoring TD's.

BUT...the reality is that Edge is the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL and he WILL have at least 10 TD's this year. The run game is working.

And the Bashers say that Manning's Gyration's are unnecssary.

This would be a legitimate complaint if defenses were able to adjust and stop the Colts offense.

BUT...the reality is that hasn't happened and like you said Manning is baically calling the plays at the line.

I know the end all argument against Manning is that he hasn't won a Super Bowl and until he does that is the one fail safe that Manning Bashers will have when arguing whether or not what Manning does works.

BUT...in reality what Manning is doing is working.