[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nightmare Way To Lose $1000

spain

My local 16 team league playoff game came down to the Colts vs Ravens last night. I had Edge and the Ravens Defense and my opponent had Todd Heap and the lead by 10 points. In the first 3 quarters, I made up the 10 points I was down as Edge was playing well and Heap wasnt seeing the ball. I was ahead by 3 when, the Ravens drive the field but are forced to kick a field goal on 4th down and nine at the Colt 25. The kick is good but an Indy defender jumps offsides. Billick decides to take the points off the board and to go for it on 4th and 4. Boller throws a 20 yard td pass to Heap. Because of that offsides by the Colts, I lost my playoff game and a shot at $1000. That sucks! Any other horror stories out there about how you lost yesterday?

You know what's worse? I watched the replay last night, and the snapper clearly flexed his arms and started to snap the ball, then stopped, then snapped it. It was a false start. Not offsides. Baltimore should have been penalized 5 yards, not given 5 yards.

That play could cost me my game as well ... I had Stover going and the difference between the 3 and the 1 point could be my down fall.

The whole game played to my opponent's favor ...

1) More than several times instead of kicking the FG on 4th and whatever in FG range they went for it on 4th.

2) One time they tried to kick the FG and Stover kicked it into one of his own OL men.

3) Stover kicked a 36 yarder only to have the points taken off the board for the successful TD try (so I got 1 instead of 3).

Believe it or not, I actually won the game because of that play. I had Heap and my opponent had Stover, Colts Def, Wayne, Edge, and Manning. I thought for sure I was dead going in. I also thought I was home free until Boller throws the INT and mysteriously the Indy Defender steps out of bounds. Talk about relief!

The Tatum Bell fumble cost me a spot in the Super Bowl and a shot at $1350. Not that I own Bell, but Plummer. We get points for length of TD and if he had just held on to the ball and scored, it would have meant 24 points for Plummer.

Going up against the Bills defense and having the dissappearing Chad in my lineup didn't help either.

I guess at least I can take some solace inm the fact that my loss is another FF fanatic's gain.

im lookin at about a little over 2 grand for a second place finish here

I need Deion Branch to outscore Chambers by 1.56 tonight...I should just started Larry Fitzgerald yesterday instead of Deion..Id be feelin alot better...but yeah that offsides call and Cato June going out of bounds cost me a lead going into tonight as I started Indys D.Having that botched snap on Jason Hansons extra point didnt help either

3 leagues, 3 semifinals, 3 losses (one if Dillon goes for 3 points)

Biggest league ($3500 to overall winner, losing this week was minimum a $700 swing): started wrong guys, simple as that. Was high overall scorer, but got cute and benched CuMar for Westbrook/Portis (either one) - they all went for same yards, but Martin got in endzone, others didn't. Didn't bench DJax for Evans - mostly worried about weather, and DJax been hot....May have lost anyway, but would still have a chance (he has Dillon and McMichael adn up 3, I'd be up 22)

Next big league - high overall scorer - Manning had worst game in a while, and CPep killed him...that's going to be the difference once Dillon puts the nail in my coffin with 30 yards or a few receptions

BOTH league - 13-1 in reg season - simply ran into a "luck" week for other guy, with his high scorer being Billy f'n Volek

Great season in total, and financially going to be a loser...

16 team league at $100 per man.  First place gets $1000.  2nd place gets $400 3rd place gets $200

622400[/snapback]

our 12 team is 250 per team..1800 winner 300 runner up

The Indy defender stepping out of bounds on the late pick return could have

padded my lead by 6 points. Instead, I'm forced to squirm and hope McMike

doesn't score 16 points tonight. I was playing the guy I can NEVER beat.

He was the #1 seed and as usual, his luck is unreal!