[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Hate the Patriots

spain

New England is one of those teams that I never really thought that much about. I never really liked them but I never disliked them either. Just didnt care about them one way or the other. I could take them or leave them. I remember back to the Steve Grogan days. I recall them getting pummeled by the Bears in the Superbowl in 1985. I remember Stanley Morgan and Craig James and the reciever that cut his hand with a knife that played for Nebraska. I remember the TE that harrased the female reporter in the locker room. But thats about all I can recall as I finish my 7th double Crown and Coke.

But I hate them now. I am tired of them. They have won too much. Like the NY Yankees, I am sick of seeing them. I hate them and never want to see them or their smug coach again. Why should Boston get a dynasty like this? They dont even play football up there. I am tired of them. Lets cede them to the CFL which is alot closer to them than most NFL cities are. I hope they lose against the Steelers. Seriously, I dont like them anymore. This has nothing to do with Ugly Tuna...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont hate them, but this is a watered down parity league, and they just happen to be the best of this generation. This team couldnt stack up against the 70 Steelers, 80 Niners, 90s Cowboys or Broncos, but they dont have too. The Salary Cap has erased any true dominant teams like those Dynasties mentioned.

Would this team even beat the Packers of 95, the 3rd best team in the NFC. I dont think so. But its the best the NFL has to offer in this era. I want to see a true Dynasty again in Pro Football, like USC is on the cusp of doing in college football. Man that was painful to say....... :D

Steelers are the only team that can physically bully them, and IMO they will.

I hope to see the following:

-Dan Kreider lead-blocking for the Bus and blowing up Bruschi.

-Alen Faneca roadgrading Mcginest.

-The Bus feeding his knees into Rodney Harrison's mouth.

-Brady rag-dolled repeatedly by Joey Porter and company... :D

The Patriots are the closest thing that you will see to a dynasty in the current NFL. After the salary cap decimated all of the heavy hitters of old, organizations had to change their strategy. If there are any teams that hope to see as many SBs as the Pats have, and will see in years to come, they will model their gameplan after the Patriots.

The Pats selection of players, coaching, system, and the focus on team is what got them where they are today. They are well balanced, and no one is trying to be a superstar. You will never hear anyone complaining about not seeing the ball as often as they would like. Every player understands his role on the team, and does what it takes to get the W. You will never hear players saying that they will "play when they want to", or see them walk off the field until the clock hits "00". The team won't stand for those antics, and they won't let it affect the other players who want to be a part of the team.

I can't even believe that you mentioned the Pats and the Yanks in the same post. The Yanks just buy the best players...while the Pats cut players who are demanding too much money.

Don't hate on the Pats...just sit back and watch them take home their 3rd title in 4 years.

Ben

The Patriots are the closest thing that you will see to a dynasty in the current NFL.  After the salary cap decimated all of the heavy hitters of old, organizations had to change their strategy.  If there are any teams that hope to see as many SBs as the Pats have, and will see in years to come, they will model their gameplan after the Patriots.

The Pats selection of players, coaching, system, and the focus on team is what got them where they are today.  They are well balanced, and no one is trying to be a superstar.  You will never hear anyone complaining about not seeing the ball as often as they would like.  Every player understands his role on the team, and does what it takes to get the W.  You will never hear players saying that they will "play when they want to", or see them walk off the field until the clock hits "00".  The team won't stand for those antics, and they won't let it affect the other players who want to be a part of the team.

I can't even believe that you mentioned the Pats and the Yanks in the same post.  The Yanks just buy the best players...while the Pats cut players who are demanding too much money.

Don't hate on the Pats...just sit back and watch them take home their 3rd title in 4 years.

Ben

657469[/snapback]

Excellent post ben. I couldn't have put it any better myself :D

The Pats are one of the better teams in the NFL and i too think they are headed towards a third title in 4 years.

Excellent post ben. I couldn't have put it any better myself :D

The Pats are one of the better teams in the NFL and i too think they are headed towards a third title in 4 years.

657492[/snapback]

It is amazing that people keep underestimating the Pats. It is, however, also amazing that they got waxed by the Phins.

How good can they be? Everyone is vulnerable in today's NFL. Home field means more than ever. Esp to NE.

New England is one of those teams that I never really thought that much about.  I never really liked them but I never disliked them either.  Just didnt care about them one way or the other.  I could take them or leave them. I remember back to the Steve Grogan days.  I recall them getting pummeled by the Bears in the Superbowl in 1985.  I remember Stanley Morgan and Craig James and the reciever that cut his hand with a knife that played for Nebraska.  I remember the TE that harrased the female reporter in the locker room.  But thats about all I can recall as I finish my 7th double Crown and Coke.

But I hate them now.  I am tired of them.  They have won too much.  Like the NY Yankees, I am sick of seeing them.  I hate them and never want to see them or their smug coach again.  Why should Boston get a dynasty like this?  They dont even play football up there.  I am tired of them.  Lets cede them to the CFL which is alot closer to them than most NFL cities are.  I hope they lose against the Steelers.  Seriously, I dont like them anymore.  This has nothing to do with Ugly Tuna...

657444[/snapback]

Jeez Spain, taking this a little hard, aren't you? It's not like we beat the Titans today. Why not New England? Do you think Tennessee "deserves" it more? :D

The receiver was Irving Fryar, btw.

But I hate them now.  I am tired of them.  They have won too much.  Like the NY Yankees, I am sick of seeing them.  I hate them and never want to see them or their smug coach again.  Why should Boston get a dynasty like this?  They dont even play football up there. 

657444[/snapback]

I feel your pain on the Yankee front but there are a few differences here - 1) Pats have only been good for 4 years and 2) they don't buy championships. Pats'll be back in the middle of the pack by 2007 and some other squad will have taken their place. Steinbrenner will still be shelling out $25mm in luxury tax money.

What exactly do you mean by the "they dont even play football up there" line? Mass ain't Texas or Florida, but football was always a big deal where I grew up (in Northern Mass).

What exactly do you mean by the "they dont even play football up there" line?  Mass ain't Texas or Florida, but football was always a big deal where I grew up (in Northern Mass).

657503[/snapback]

I forgot to hit on this part of Spain's post...

I grew up in Salem, MA...and I am curious what was meant by this as well.

I grew up watching the Pats...loving, then hating the Tuna...loving and hating Bledsoe at different points within the same game...

...and I developed a hate for Favre and the Packers after the SB that we got beat.

Ben

Sad state of sports fans today. The Patriots are the epitome of TEAM SPORTS at its BEST. From the Top down they are a class act and don't need to tell you about it every chance they get. They don't even wear their championship rings, they are hungry as if they have never won a thing and I for one am thrilled to watch such a classy organization at the top of the best league in sports.

You can watch your T.O.'s and pathetic Ray Lewis' of the league boast about how great they think they are but when Brady throws a TD and Branch or Corey score a TD they go about their business as if they get paid to do it. "Act like you have been there before" and they have been and they act the part.

So T.O. and company can dance around for every 10 yard reception they get but I for one laugh at them while the Pats quietly become one of the greatest franchises in sports history.

IT IS ABOUT WINNING AND HAVING FUN...NOT TRYING TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE THE TUFFER GUY AND TO DISPLAY YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEXES FOR TODAY'S YOUTH TO VIEW EVERY SUNDAY.

I hope today's youth is watching the Pats instead of ESPN 2's mix tape crap.

Of course, I'm biased being a Colts fan, but people outside of New England are just sick seing them win. I remember a lot of people "hating" the Cowboys by the end of their dynasty back in the mid-90s. This is pretty much the same thing. And, of course, it doesn't help when the New England-centric ESPN holds their nuts 24/7.

It may all be a moot point at this time next week, though, as the Steelers match up VERY well against NE. Ever since they beat them at home earlier this season, I've been convinced that this is Pittsburgh's year.

Edited by Bill Swerski

The Patriots are the closest thing that you will see to a dynasty in the current NFL.  After the salary cap decimated all of the heavy hitters of old, organizations had to change their strategy.  If there are any teams that hope to see as many SBs as the Pats have, and will see in years to come, they will model their gameplan after the Patriots.

The Pats selection of players, coaching, system, and the focus on team is what got them where they are today.  They are well balanced, and no one is trying to be a superstar.  You will never hear anyone complaining about not seeing the ball as often as they would like.  Every player understands his role on the team, and does what it takes to get the W.  You will never hear players saying that they will "play when they want to", or see them walk off the field until the clock hits "00".  The team won't stand for those antics, and they won't let it affect the other players who want to be a part of the team.

I can't even believe that you mentioned the Pats and the Yanks in the same post.  The Yanks just buy the best players...while the Pats cut players who are demanding too much money.

Ben

657469[/snapback]

I agree completely. The Pats playing and winning as a "Team" is what has made them what they are. Bill Cowher has gone as far to say that this year's Steeler team has tried to adapt to what the Pats have done. Duce and Bettis have not once complained about their roles on this team. That says a lot considering these are veteran players with a great deal of talent. Hines Ward, Burress, and Randle-El have never once complained that playing in a run-first offense is affecting their receiving numbers. Back-ups have come in and replaced starters with not much of a loss. Starters have lost jobs due to injury and the fact that the reserve played so well (Obviously Ben, but also Larry Foote and Willie Williams). The Pats deserver the credit for this, because they showed what a true "team" can accomplish.

I agree completely.  The Pats playing and winning as a "Team" is what has made them what they are.  Bill Cowher has gone as far to say that this year's Steeler team has tried to adapt to what the Pats have done.  Duce and Bettis have not once complained about their roles on this team.  That says a lot considering these are veteran players with a great deal of talent.  Hines Ward, Burress, and Randle-El have never once complained that playing in a run-first offense is affecting their receiving numbers.  Back-ups have come in and replaced starters with not much of a loss.  Starters have lost jobs due to injury and the fact that the reserve played so well (Obviously Ben, but also Larry Foote and Willie Williams).  The Pats deserver the credit for this, because they showed what a true "team" can accomplish.

657664[/snapback]

The Steelers absolutely have a little of that Pats-like magic going on. They've pulled out at least a couple games they had no business winning, a la Pats.

Of course, the fact that James Farrior decided to play totally out of his head all season long didn't hurt either. And I personally am a little bitter about the Hines drop off. :D

What exactly do you mean by the "they dont even play football up there" line?  Mass ain't Texas or Florida, but football was always a big deal where I grew up (in Northern Mass).

657503[/snapback]

What do I mean? I mean this aint friggin Lacrosse or Hockey or Crew. This is FOOTBALL! Football is just something to do when mumbly-peg season is over in new england. Go down south, or Texas, or California, and you will see a much greater emphasis placed on football. It is a religion here. It is THE religion here. Friday Night Lights. Hugh Rivalries. High School games here have more fans than college teams do up there. Oh well, lets see, you have Boston College and what else? And its not like they are a top 10 team every year. Go to any stadium, if you can get a ticket, in the SEC, and you will see what I mean. My Tennessee Vols can squeeze 107,000 fans in Neyland stadium and they have sold out every game since the stadium was built in the 1950's. This is our sport. How many players on the Patriots are from Boston? How many NFL players come out of there? Not many relative to population. Sure, you do produce alot of Lobster Fishermen and Rugby Scrummers. But football. That doesnt belong to you...

What do I mean?  I mean this aint friggin Lacrosse or Hockey or Crew.  This is FOOTBALL!  Football is just something to do when mumbly-peg season is over in new england.  Go down south, or Texas, or California, and you will see a much greater emphasis placed on football.  It is a religion here.  It is THE religion here.  Friday Night Lights.  Hugh Rivalries.  High School games here have more fans than college teams do up there.  Oh well, lets see, you have Boston College and what else?  And its not like they are a top 10 team every year.  Go to any stadium, if you can get a ticket, in the SEC, and you will see what I mean.  My Tennessee Vols can squeeze 107,000 fans in Neyland stadium and they have sold out every game since the stadium was built in the 1950's.  This is our sport.  How many players on the Patriots are from Boston?  How many NFL players come out of there?  Not many relative to population.  Sure, you do produce alot of Lobster Fishermen and Rugby Scrummers.  But football.  That doesnt belong to you...

657704[/snapback]

:D One of the funniest, anger-driven posts I've ever seen.

What do I mean?  I mean this aint friggin Lacrosse or Hockey or Crew.  This is FOOTBALL!  Football is just something to do when mumbly-peg season is over in new england.  Go down south, or Texas, or California, and you will see a much greater emphasis placed on football.  It is a religion here.  It is THE religion here.  Friday Night Lights.  Hugh Rivalries.  High School games here have more fans than college teams do up there.  Oh well, lets see, you have Boston College and what else?  And its not like they are a top 10 team every year.  Go to any stadium, if you can get a ticket, in the SEC, and you will see what I mean.  My Tennessee Vols can squeeze 107,000 fans in Neyland stadium and they have sold out every game since the stadium was built in the 1950's.  This is our sport.  How many players on the Patriots are from Boston?  How many NFL players come out of there?  Not many relative to population.  Sure, you do produce alot of Lobster Fishermen and Rugby Scrummers.  But football.  That doesnt belong to you...

657704[/snapback]

There is some truth to that. I don't know what the high school football scene is like in New England, but the college football scene if pretty pathetic. The only decent teams out there are Boston College and Syracuse. And it's not like they have Top 25 teams every year. And only ONE pro football team for all SIX New England states? Wow...

There is some truth to that.  I don't know what the high school football scene is like in New England, but the college football scene if pretty pathetic.  The only decent teams out there are Boston College and Syracuse.  And it's not like they have Top 25 teams every year.  And only ONE pro football team for all SIX New England states?  Wow...

657712[/snapback]

No one lives in New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont. And 1/2 of Connecticut are Giants and Jets fans. So, there is really only need for one New England team. They really should be called the Boston Patriots.

Oh - and HS football is pretty lame in New England too.

And within a couple of years UConn will be better than Syracuse and BC in football.

Edited by Vet

There is some truth to that.  I don't know what the high school football scene is like in New England, but the college football scene if pretty pathetic.  The only decent teams out there are Boston College and Syracuse.  And it's not like they have Top 25 teams every year.  And only ONE pro football team for all SIX New England states?  Wow...

657712[/snapback]

1) This is precisely the reason BC is moving to the ACC. They hold academic standards very high when it comes to their student athletes, and have had trouble recruiting over the years. Being in the ACC will help them recruit, because players know they will get better visibility for the NFL. In the ACC, BC will be trying to corner the market on players that want to play and take advantage of the free education. I see them moving up the top 25 ladder and becoming more of a year in and year out contender. As far as other schools go, our big colleges are Ivy League. It's not about athletics there. Most division 1 worthy football players couldn't gain admission to an Ivy League school.

2) HS Football in MA has been on the uptick for about 15-20 years. Several great rivalries have been developed, and a few of the private schools have become real powerhouses. 2 notables are Xaverian Brothers High School and St John's Prep High School. They are regularly contending for the state championship, as well as Brockton High School and a few others. Obviously this is not an overnight process, but we have been on the move with a few top 20 teams nationally in the past 10 years.

3) Football wasn't part of the culture here, and was really in the back seat to baseball and the Red Sox until Kraft bought the team. Since then the Pats as an organization have done a really nice job growing the football culture locally and creating excitement in the area because of it.

What a bunch of tools.

The Patriots were re-named the New England Patriots from the Boston Patriots for 1 reason. Boston wouldn't build Sullivan a stadium, so a stadium was built in Foxboro. It was Sullivan's way to say screw you Boston.

Complaining that the team covers 6 states, or the lack of high school and college tradition is showing how much of a "shut up" performance the Patriots displayed last night. Nothing better to talk about, I guess.

You want your kid to become a Doctor, send him to school in Boston.

You want your kid to end up flipping burgers when he can't make the jump to the pros, send him to Florida.

What a bunch of tools.

You want your kid to end up flipping burgers when he can't make the jump to the pros, send him to Florida.

657727[/snapback]

I like that! :D

657727[/snapback]

:D

Reminds me of the T they were selling before one of the BC- Miami games:

"This is your brain - :bc logo:

This is your brain on drugs - :miami logo:"

:D

Complaining that the team covers 6 states, or the lack of high school and college tradition is showing how much of a "shut up" performance the Patriots displayed last night.  Nothing better to talk about, I guess.

657727[/snapback]

I wasn't "complaining" about anything, smarty pants. I was simply stating a fact. One that all the Pats victories cannot change. :D

If you want the pros to even notice your kid, he's better off in Florida... or Ohio... or Michigan... or California... or Texas... or... :D