[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Commercials

BillyBalata

My favorite was the guy at the convenience store talking on his cell through the earpiece and says "That's a lot for a deck. You are getting robbed" Then the clerk pepper sprays him and his wife drills him with the baseball bat. Only one I really liked so far.

A lot of marketing budgets shot for nothing IMO, but I did get a chuckle out of the Caddy ad where the father's ok w/the daughter eloping as long as she does it in "Mom's car". The monkey ads were ok as well ... reminded me too much of my office however.

Edited by ts

Both Ameriquest ads, and the Bud Light parachute skit....

687121[/snapback]

I kind of liked the parachute commercial.

No Clydesdales this year (or maybe I missed a commercial that had them)? Bud seems to roll out one commercial with them every year for the SB.

There was (sort of) a clydesdale commercial. They had all zoo animals show up to the barn trying to get in. The guy says to the donkey who's now a clydesdale, "See what you started?"

687127[/snapback]

ok...I saw most of that commercial, then left the room for a few seconds to get another drink and then there was laughter from the other room. Apparently at the end they showed a big pig with clydesdale legwarmers "trotting" down the road muttering something about being late?

There was (sort of) a clydesdale commercial. They had all zoo animals show up to the barn trying to get in. The guy says to the donkey who's now a clydesdale, "See what you started?"

687127[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, I did miss a couple. So I'll wait until ifilm gets them set up for streaming.

Speaking of commercials, I found the NFL's commercial with the "When you wish upon a star..." song very interesting this year. Their contract with Disney to send the MVP to Disney in a commercial is over, but they still used the concept. Now though, rather than having it be some overly hyped professional, it's the little kid who makes the big play. Good commercial and of course, way safer than having to consider sending a guy like Ray Lewis to Disney someday. :D

C'mon, can you EVER go wrong with monkeys?

Exception: as ts said, if the commercial with the monkeys strongly resembles your workplace, I can see where the hughmour may have fallen flat.

A lot of marketing budgets shot for nothing IMO, but I did get a chuckle out of the Caddy ad where the father's ok w/the daughter eloping as long as she does it in "Mom's car".

687116[/snapback]

I agree. The Caddy ad touched home with me since my daughter just got married yesterday.

I was just at espn.com and there's a banner therer with the "inaction heroes" commercial on it. Now there was a commercial with huge potential and no decent payoff. Mama's boy with the internal magnets was hysterical.

As far as selling the product though it was lousy.