[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D. SPROLES

gogo2146

I'm not sure if people know who this kid is but I have watched him the last year or two and I think he might make good rb in the NFL. Yes, he lacks the big back size but he can move and avoids the big hit. Has moves like B. Sanders, I hope he gets a chance to start I have him as my big sleeper of 2005.

What do you think?

Am I on crack?

Edited by gogo2146

The guy is 5'7".  Thats going to limit the teams that will even give him a chance.  But your right, he has major skills.  He'll get drafted in the 4th-5th round and have to make a team as a 3rd down back and/or PR.

693708[/snapback]

I hope the Panthers take him in the 4th.

As an OU fan, I have kept somewhat of an eye on Sproles (especially the 03 big XXII championship :D ) and I think he can definately be a very good NFL back. He is not going to be a pound it down your throat back, but as posted earlier, if he can play behind a good offensive line ie. Denver, he could make a very good back and suprise alot of people. I think he will make a very nice sleeper pick at the end of my Dynasty draft, low risk very high potential.

I think too small.

Even W. Dunn, D. Davis, J. Jones are at least 5-9.

Only Q. Griffin is 5-7....he didnt last very long.

A. Zeroue is listed at 5-8.

Anybody else seen a sucessful NFL RB at 5-7?

I agree, Sproles is a small back but he has great burst and is strong and compact. i think if he makes a club that needs a back (3rd down) he might make a impact. I put this guy on my Taxi Team in 2004 I hope for the best. D. Davis isn't much bgger is he?

Thaks for the response.

I'd rather take my chances with an "undersized" back who's got great heart and is a true playmaker than a big physical back without those qualities, such as a Ron Dayne or Lawrence Phillips.

Sproles could be a success in the NFL with the right opportunity, if you could tandem him with a strong goal line presence such as Zack Crockett or a similar "bruising" short yardage back.

I think too small.

Even W. Dunn, D. Davis, J. Jones are at least 5-9.

Only Q. Griffin is 5-7....he didnt last very long.

A. Zeroue is listed at 5-8.

Anybody else seen a sucessful NFL RB at 5-7?

694396[/snapback]

James Brooks was listed somewhere around 5'9"/5'10" 180 lbs and was consistently productive from the mid-80s to the early 90s. Guys like Steve Broussard and Eric Bienemy were touted as "small guys with heart" who only managed marginal NFL careers.

But overall, it's tough to see a guy that size being consistently productive on a game-in, game-out basis for years in the NFL. Much as I love to see smaller guys with heart make it, the Warrick Dunns and Tiki Barbers are the exceptions to the 6'/220 lb RB rule.

the thing with sproles is that he's pretty slight, as well as short. he's only like a buck-80, isn't he? barry sanders, eric bienemy, and a lot of the other guys mentioned (even quentin griffin) are/were a lot thicker. brooks and megget might be good comparisons. another one would be glyn milburn. i wouldn't expect him to ever have much fantasy impact, but some NFL team will be happy to have him.

James Brooks was listed somewhere around 5'9"/5'10" 180 lbs and was consistently productive from the mid-80s to the early 90s. Guys like Steve Broussard and Eric Bienemy were touted as "small guys with heart" who only managed marginal NFL careers.

But overall, it's tough to see a guy that size being consistently productive on a game-in, game-out basis for years in the NFL. Much as I love to see smaller guys with heart make it, the Warrick Dunns and Tiki Barbers are the exceptions to the 6'/220 lb RB rule.

695322[/snapback]

I think there was a Charger back in the 80's by the name of Lionel James who was about 5'7", but I am not sure how long he was actually their every-down back. I think he mainly returned kicks, but he was in the NFL for a while.

I could see the Packers taking a flyer on him as KR.  They have been kicking themselves ever since losing Rossum...

695709[/snapback]

I'm not saying he would be as productive, but Dante Hall is small. He's listed as 5'8" and 187 lbs. Sproles is a gamer with a lot of heart. Someone will give him a shot.

Edited by GhostFace

I think there was a Charger back in the 80's by the name of Lionel James who was about 5'7", but I am not sure how long he was actually their every-down back.  I think he mainly returned kicks, but he was in the NFL for a while.

695686[/snapback]

"Little Train" was NEVER the Chargers' every down back - he maxed out with just over 100 carries for about 500 yds in '85. Listed at 5'7" 170 lbs.

I'm not sure if people know who this kid is ...

693675[/snapback]

Didn't we spend all preseason in one of the huddle forums listening to how this kid would win the Heisman? :D Yep, we know who he is. I can see him evolving into a Dante Hall type -- handle the kick returns and provide an occassional burst on offense. A nice 5th round pick for someone ... or heck, most weeks this past season, he could have started for the 'phins and done just as well as their scrambled replacements for the toked out Williams!!