[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its Official: Mason and Rolle Released

spain

In case you missed the Titans gut team thread:

I just listened to Floyd Reece's press conference. He confirmed that the Titans will release the following players tomorrow when the waiver period begins:

Kevin Carter

Fred "Drive Killa" Miller

Samari Rolle

Derrick Mason

Joe Nedney

Robert Holcomb

The Titans will exercise options on Drew Bennett and Tony Beckham. Floyd spoke at least 30 minutes on the condition of the titans cap and how they must bite the bullet now. It is a tough pill to swallow, especially losing Mason and Rolle, but it is for the long term good of the organization..

Mason and Rolle would look GREAT in Viking Purple. Too bad McCombs won't open up the checkbook while waiting to officially unload the team.

706748[/snapback]

hmmm Trade Moss Get Mason Hmmm

by the way Capn IF moss gets traded what will that do for Nate Burlesson?

hmmm Trade Moss Get Mason Hmmm

by the way Capn IF moss gets traded what will that do for Nate Burlesson?

706750[/snapback]

Burleson is a good #2 and great #3. Don't think he'd do well as a #1. That said, i still can't believe Moss will be traded. Fowler came out and said he's off the block for whatever that's worth. And yet ProFootballTalk is claiming a deal is done but won't reveal the details or the sources yet. :D

How would trading Moss for Mason+ help the Titans cap-wise? :D

706778[/snapback]

It wouldn't be a trade for Mason. They would trade Moss away to anouther team for someone else, and pick up Mason. That being said, I doubt the Vikes would trade Randy.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

It wouldn't be a trade for Mason.  They would trade Moss away to anouther team for someone else, and pick up Mason.  That being said, I doubt the Vikes would trade Randy.

706784[/snapback]

TY for explaining it for me

I could see Rolle in KC next year. Especially since Gunther was a coach for Tennessee right before he came back.

706801[/snapback]

Given KC's cap situation, who will they cut, Gonzo? They have NO cap room. NONE. They will have a hard time finding cap for the rookies they draft, S Rolle? not unless they make some VERY big cap cuts.

I could see Rolle in KC next year. Especially since Gunther was a coach for Tennessee right before he came back.

706801[/snapback]

With $20 million under the cap and desperate need of a corner, I can see Parcells making a run at Rolle as well. With the lack of good corners in the NFL, he will certainly be a hot commodity.

No doubt Minnesota could use him, but they have been $20 million under the cap for years now and have done nothing to seriously upgrade that defense.

Edited by gspot

I am very interested to see what the market is like for veteran CB's. After last year's "rule enforcement", I think the big deals that Champ Bailey and Antoine Winfield got are a thing of the past. Unless the bad teams are still ready to overpay, which is a distinct possibility. I'd love to see Rolle in Indy, but it would have to be for the right price.