[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico to sign with Jets tomorrow

Dr. Rock

I don't know but he should be better than how do you spell it McCarreins.  Is that right??

718753[/snapback]

I don't know, McCarrins had a good year this year and outperformed S Moss. Plexiglass is alwyas aligator arming passes and underachieving it seems.

That said, the Jets have a good trio of WRs now. Good, not great.

I don't know, McCarrins had a good year this year and outperformed S Moss. Plexiglass is alwyas aligator arming passes and underachieving it seems.

That said, the Jets have a good trio of WRs now. Good, not great.

718758[/snapback]

He may have outperformed Moss, especially at the end of the year, but he basically sucked all year!!!

McCarreins averaged just under 4 catches per game for 52 yds last season. He completely underperformed.

Edited by NAUgrad

There is a statistic, one that DMD has gone over in a past article on the home page regarding ANY wide out that changes teams. The OVERWHELMING majority have a dissappointing year in the first year with thier new new teams. There are some exceptions, but not that many.

Secondly, I think Moss is gone. It will be McCariens and Plastico. Moss started whining when he got shopped for Coles, and before that he was whining about his contract. His agent has asked for a trade now. See ya! Bye.

So, look for Burress to have a down year, and for McCariens to have a good one. Apparently Chrebet is coming back too.

I don't understand this at all. Plex wanted to go where he was the clear cut #1 guy. Why get into the mix with Moss, McCaeriens and Chrebet??

I know that Moose and Mason cost Plex his two largest potential suitors, but if this is the best he can do why not re-sign with Pittsburgh? That is unless, the Jets are coming in with some serious dollars.

I see this bunch all averaging about 40 catches max next year. Three decent receivers on a run based offense. ::D

I work in NYC and the local papers dont have anything about Plax to the Jets

719211[/snapback]

It was on the rumor central in the ESPN insider, they said someone at the NY Post was the source, and the update on the info was this morning.

Edited by Swampnuts

I don't understand this at all. Plex wanted to go where he was the clear cut #1 guy. Why get into the mix with Moss, McCaeriens and Chrebet??

719147[/snapback]

Niether Moss or McCareins is cut out to be a #1, and Chrebet is done. He might come back to the Jets, but he will be a 3rd or 4th receiver at best. I don't know if Plaxico can be a #1 either, but he has the physical characteristics and I guess we'll see...personally, it would be an uderstatement to say I'm not a fan of his, but I think he is certainly the best free agent WR left on the market. With all that said, I listen to WFAN in NY all the time, including today and they didn't say one word about this supposed deal. The only think I've heard is that the Moss for Coles deal isn't completely dead, and there is a good chance Coles ends up back in NY one way or the other (by trade or if they wait until Washington dumps him).

Agent: Burress 'interested' in Minnesota

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer

March 3, 2005

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The agent for Pittsburgh receiver Plaxico Burress has had preliminary talks with the Minnesota Vikings about his client replacing Randy Moss.

Michael Harrison told The Associated Press that Burress would not mind playing with quarterback Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.

``Plaxico's interested in being in Minnesota,'' Harrison said. ``I think it is a good fit for both sides.''

Also on Thursday, free-agent receiver Travis Taylor, a disappointment during his five seasons in Baltimore, visited the Vikings.

Burress is the biggest name receiver left on the free-agent market. At 6-foot-5 and 226 pounds, the five-year veteran has the size and speed to get down the field and catch the fade pattern in the end zone, a Moss specialty over the past seven years.

After Moss was traded to Oakland on Wednesday and third receiver Kelly Campbell was arrested on Josh Gordon and weapons charges, Vikings coach Mike Tice said the Vikings are looking for depth at the position.

If healthy, Burress would certainly provide more than that.

His best season came in 2002, when he had 78 catches for 1,325 yards and seven TDs. But an injury last season and quarterback inconsistencies contributed to lower numbers in 2003 and 2004.

Tice did not comment on Burress, but said Taylor ``was recruiting us, really,'' because he also wants to play with the Pro Bowler Culpepper.

Tice said the Vikings' original plan did not call for them to look at offensive players this early in free agency, which opened Wednesday. They signed Buffalo defensive tackle Pat Williams late Wednesday night in an effort to shore up a mediocre defense.

``We had a different strategy, but this young man is aggressively pursuing us. ... He's a fine football player. Very articulate young man, and dresses well,'' Tice quipped.

In five years with Baltimore, the former 10th overall selection out of Florida, had 204 catches for 2,758 and 15 touchdowns.

``Travis Taylor is a player that is intriguing,'' Tice said. ``He has not been explosive in this league. You look at that offense and see that not many people have bee

why does everyone hate on the guy. He missed like half the year last year and still had more td's then Hines Ward. Yeah, thats right why don't you go check. He's a good player. I know he did immature things like *** about bull*** and spike the ball his rookie year when no one touched him causing it to be a fumble (that was mad funny if you remember that play haha) Anyway. I remember him for torching the ravens in the playoffs a few years back by catching td's in teh endzone. He can be dominant in the redzone at times and will elevate the play of pennington who i think has never thrown an INT in the redzone. SOounds like a good match to me. I'm all for it. Mcareins will be better next year and served as the #1 while moss was down so plaxico can take alot of heat away from him.. But the jets better not give more than a 10 mill signing bonus and not more than 30 mill total deal. They would be better off drafign a mark clayton or working things out with moss

Skrappy, Franseca is much more interested in busting nuts on Jets fans than he is in offering anything insighful. He ranted on and on about how ALL the Jets fans were so PO'd about Jordan, blah, blah blah. Sure, we all knew it'd be nice to keep him, and we all knew he was gone. Did he even once come close to addressing the fact that the Jets have only one defensive tackle on the team's roster right now? He eventually got around to mentioning McKenzie, but had no insight there, either, such as Miller form the Titans is the only other offensive LT left in the FA market. Francesa is a tool. A big fat tool whose ego is only exceeded by his waistline.

If the Jets get another WR, it will be Coles, for Moss, or they sit tight. I also think that McCariens can be a legit number one WR, if not a pro bowler.... most WR's take a year to jell with a new team, to get in sync with a new QB and playbook. Moss is a good #2 WR, in the right situation.

why does everyone hate on the guy. He missed like half the year last year and still had more td's then Hines Ward. Yeah, thats right why don't you go check.

720117[/snapback]

Ok, I did and you are wrong...both Hines and Plaxico had 5 TDs this year (Hines had 4 receiving and 1 rushing). Don't pretend for a second that guy is better than Hines Ward.

He can be dominant in the redzone at times
True, but far more often he is invisible. That's been the story of his career so far, he puts up 2 huge games in a row, then disappears for the next 4 or 5. How about the game in the playoffs this year...I can't remember if it was against the Jets or the Patriots (I think the latter, but I'm sure someone in here will correct me if I'm mistaken), but in the 4th quarter, Roethlisberger threw one up in the endzone for Burress...he went up on the ball, and put two hands on it...he should have come down with it and it would have been a crucial score, but of course he dropped it. It would have been a nice catch, but it's one he absolutely should have made but he didn't. The truth is, until he develops a shred of consistency in his game, people will continue to "hate on" him. Edited by Skrappy1

Skrappy, Franseca is much more interested in busting nuts on Jets fans than he is in offering anything insighful. He ranted on and on about how ALL the Jets fans were so PO'd about Jordan, blah, blah blah. Sure, we all knew it'd be nice to keep him, and we all knew he was gone. Did he even once come close to addressing the fact that the Jets have only one defensive tackle on the team's roster right now? He eventually got around to mentioning McKenzie, but had no insight there, either, such as Miller form the Titans is the only other offensive LT left in the FA market. Francesa is a tool. A big fat tool whose ego is only exceeded by his waistline.

720130[/snapback]

Yeah, Mike can absolutely be an arrogant ***, but his thoughts on Jordan today echoed what I've been saying for the last few months, and thus I obviously agreed 100% with him there. There was just no way they could keep him. He deserves a chance to start somewhere, but it wasn't going to come with the Jets. Jets fans (including Benningo this morning and for the last couple of months) have been sounding like Jordan was going to be the difference maker between the Jets winning a championship or not. That's just ludicrous to me, the guy hasn't shown he can carry the ball 25 times a game yet...sure he put up a nice YPC on under 100 carries this year, getting many of his carries late in the game when the opposing defense has already been on the field for over half the game. Don't get me wrong, I think he is capable, but I don't think he's a top 5 back in the NFL, probably not even a top 10. RBs can be replaced...Blaylock appears to be a fine example of that.

If the Jets get another WR, it will be Coles, for Moss, or they sit tight. I also think that McCariens can be a legit number one WR, if not a pro bowler.... most WR's take a year to jell with a new team, to get in sync with a new QB and playbook. Moss is a good #2 WR, in the right situation.

And I agree with you here. I think Coles will end up with the Jets again, I think it even makes sense. As far as McCareins, no doubt he is better suited to be a #1 than Moss. He's big, has good hands, and good speed. I thought he would go off this year, but was very disappointed...maybe you're right, maybe he just needs some time in the system.

Skrappy, Franseca is much more interested in busting nuts on Jets fans than he is in offering anything insighful.

720130[/snapback]

By the way Rovers, am I the only one who misses Jody Mac? I used to enjoy his and Sid's show way more than Mike and Dog...at least they were rational, would give people a chance to speak, and could admit when they were wrong about something. Mike and Dog think they are Gods.