[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I always hated MNF anyway because...

patsfan22

I hated it anyway- Monday Night Football was unwatchable because you had to sit there for a commercial after every play and that fat homo Madden talking like he wanted to give Brett Farve a BJ even when the Packer's were not even playing

I just hope they don't mess up the ESPN thing- they really did a good job. The earlier start time is a good thing too.....

But if they even get close to starting up with the "One Shining Moment" I am going to puke

The Monday Night games are starting earlier? I hadn't seen that. Info por favor.

If they just started the games a half hour earlier that would be a hugh improvement. I can't stand waiting around until 9:15 to only see the first half of a game before I have to go to bed.

As for the announcers, I hope they can get some new blood in the booth. At this point, I'm ready to take my chances with the devil I don't know.

The Monday Night games are starting earlier?  I hadn't seen that.  Info por favor.

If they just started the games a half hour earlier that would be a hugh improvement.  I can't stand waiting around until 9:15 to only see the first half of a game before I have to go to bed.

As for the announcers, I hope they can get some new blood in the booth.  At this point, I'm ready to take my chances with the devil I don't know.

783952[/snapback]

Not this year.

Next year ABC will not broadcast any football games. ESPN will have the Monday night game and it will be earlier. The Sunday night game will also started earlier.

How long was MNF a fixture on ABC?  Was it from the conception of MNF?  If so, this is a sad day for ABC and the drones of people that have watched it over the years.  I wonder if they will still have the opening theme.

784101[/snapback]

Yes MNF was an ABC thing and has always been an ABC thing. I was somewhat surprised that they let it go.

It used to be that people got to see 2, at most 3 games and everybody watched the MN game. With DirecTv and the internet MNF isn't what it used to be.

Yes MNF was an ABC thing and has always been an ABC thing.  I was somewhat surprised that they let it go.

It used to be that people got to see 2, at most 3 games and everybody watched the MN game.  With DirecTv and the internet MNF isn't what it used to be.

784127[/snapback]

Sunday Ticket has made MNF just another game... of course during that game I can't switch to five other games that might be better.

Hopefully, the switch will help to save MNF. The matchups have become lame retreads, trying to appeal to the average TV viewer instead of football fans. The ESPN Sunday Night matchups always seem far more interesting to me. Seattle v. San Diego might be on Sunday night while the Monday night matchup is NYG vs. Dallas. If ESPN uses the same scheduling cleverness with the Monday night games as they currently do with the Sunday night games, that will be a boon for the game.

How long was MNF a fixture on ABC?  Was it from the conception of MNF?  If so, this is a sad day for ABC and the drones of people that have watched it over the years.  I wonder if they will still have the opening theme.

784101[/snapback]

It'll be 36 yrs when it's done. 60 minutes is the only longer running series.

I know ABC and ESPN are owned by the same company. It makes me wonder if we are rid of Al Michaels. I can't stand that pompous, condescending jerk. He always has to make reference to his golf game, the accomodations at some fancy schmancy hotel he stays in, the stock market and other stuff. Way to reach the common football fans, Al.

Madden's routine is tired and old. Boom! Whap! He needs to hang it up.

By the way, does anybody know if ESPN will start the games an hour earlier? I think that would be nice.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

By the way, does anybody know if ESPN will start the games an hour earlier?  I think that would be nice.

790676[/snapback]

Officially 20 minutes earlier (actually closer to 30 minutes with ABC starting the games a few minutes after the start of broadcast) with kickoffs at 8:40 ET, while NBC games will start at 8:15 ET.