[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surtain to Kansas City for a 2nd

Kansas State 2000

Local reports (heard on the radio 5 minutes ago) are for a "2nd rounder, plus" ... and we don't know what the "plus" is yet. 

Possibly a pick or two from 2006...

789520[/snapback]

The plus looks to possibly be a incentive type thing ... a 6th in 2006 if he does NOT make the Pro Bowl is one I just heard.

No, I meant that KC is paying more than just a 2nd rounder for Surtain...because Peterson was sitting on his thumbs for weeks on end...

789534[/snapback]

What I am seeing is that Miami gets the second pick and the teams swap 5th round picks ... so this would not be true. ... it would be something slightly less than a 2nd to save Peterson some face ...

Peterson probably hurt his cause by waiting so long. While he probably could've had him for a just second rounder before the Buchanon trade, I'd be very surprised if Miami doesn't ask for an additional pick now.

Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain finally has a new zip code

FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs and Dolphins have agreed to a trade for the Pro Bowl cornerback that includes the Chiefs sending Miami their second-round pick as well as the two teams swapping fifth-round selections. In addition, the Chiefs have agreed to terms on a new seven-year deal for Surtain.

Such a deal has been long-awaited but the Chiefs had previously been unwilling to budge from the Dolphins' asking price of a second-round pick. However, with the three top cornerbacks in the draft slated to be long gone by their selection in the first round Kansas City stepped up to the plate.

The two teams have agreed to the deal but it is contingent upon Surtain passing a physical. In addition, Miami and the Chiefs still need to finalize the paperwork but the deal has been agreed upon from all sides.

Miami has been seeking a second-rounder since the process began and the Chiefs have entertained several cornerback options for quite some time. Despite adding Surtain to the defense, Kansas City is not done adding to its defense and should seek even more help in the draft.

Good job by Saban in sticking to his guns and getting that 2nd round pick. Wannstadt would have caved looong ago. This saves the Dolphins almost 6 million in cap space.

Wouldn't be a bad move...then take a QB with the 2nd pick instead of Ronnie Brown.

789598[/snapback]

I hope not..... neither Smith nor Rodgers are a whole lot better than what they have. I think they should stick with Feeley for another season and then decide.

With the 1.2 pick, I hope Miami trades down or selects Braylon Edwards.

Of note, KC has two picks in the fifth...

5.11 (orig. DET's pick) and 5.26 (orig. GB's pick)...they traded their original 5th rounder (5.14) to TEN for Carlos Hall...

Miami has one...5.02...

So, I'm not sure which pick KC is sending to Miami...fwiw...

Edited by muck