[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Runningbacks

Outshined

How would you rank them for a Fantasy Football draft - Whats your top ten?

1. Shawn Alexander – More consistent the last 4 years with yards and TD’s. I think he has something to prove to everybody this year, he wants a big contract.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson – Tough decision on putting him #2. I wonder if the Chargers will continue where they left off. They still have everybody in place, but for some reason, I like Alexander better. Just one of those hunches.

3. Cory Dillon – Put up good numbers last year and I think that will continue.

4. Priest Holmes – I wonder how durable Priest will be this year. I think you will see good numbers, but I think Larry Johnson or whoever might see some more playing time to.

5. Edgerrin James – Contract year, great offense will put up the numbers as long as Peyton lets him.

6. Willis McGahee – What can you say about this guy. Only started 11 games and had 1128 yds and 13TD’s. With Travis Henry holding out and might even get cut, you can say this is his job now. I expect 1200+ and double digit Td’s

7. Rudi Johnson – The offense is young and starting to gel. I think he will put up top ten numbers this year.

8. Jamal Lewis – Just stay out of jail dude. He yards and TD’s dipped last year from being out for a few games, but I think he will rebound and have a good year.

9. Dominick Davis – You cant ignore the fact Davis had 1776 total yds and 14 TD’s last year. I like the fact he caught 68 passes last year.

10. Tike Barber – Just like Davis, Tiki also had a great year. I think it will continue into this year. He had 52 catches for 578 yards and went over 2000 total last year. It will also help now that the Giants have some sort of threat at receiver with the Burress signing.

Edited by Outshined

I think your list sounds about right. I don't know if I'd have Dillon as high as third. I don't really know how Curtis Martin will fit into the top 10 picture either. Maybe he won't be in the top 10. I do agree that Green and McAliister may not be in the top 10 when all is said and done.

I think your list sounds about right.  I don't know if I'd have Dillon as high as third.  I don't really know how Curtis Martin will fit into the top 10 picture either.  Maybe he won't be in the top 10.  I do agree that Green and McAliister may not be in the top 10 when all is said and done.

803666[/snapback]

I thought about McCallister and Martin. But not sure yet. I think Martin still has some gas left in the tank.

I know you are a Vikings fan, but still, that is no excuse to have Rudi Johnson, and DD ahead of Ahman Green. I also think that Julius Jones will probably end up in the thop 10, and probably ahead of Rudi, Tiki, and DD. I seriously question Priest being ranked as high as he his just due to injury concerns and age. I still think he probably belongs in the the top 10, but #4 is a little high IMO.

1. Ladanian Tomlinson

2. Willis McGahee

3. Shaun Alexander

4. Priest Holmes

5. Edgerrin James

6. Corey Dillon

7. Jamal Lewis

8. Ahman Green

9. Domanick Davis

10. Deuce McAllister

Edited by Piranha

I know you are a Vikings fan, but still, that is no excuse to have Rudi Johnson, and DD ahead of Ahman Green.  I also think that Julius Jones will probably end up in the thop 10, and probably ahead of Rudi, Tiki, and DD.  I seriously question Priest being ranked as high as he his just due to injury concerns and age.  I still think he probably belongs in the the top 10, but #4 is a little high IMO.

803678[/snapback]

Ahman finished tied for 17th in Td's and 12th in yards. The pack lost alot of players on both sides of the ball. It has nothing to do with me not liking the Packers. It has everything to do with me winning a Fantasy Football championship. In my opnion, I would take all those players ahead of Ahman. I sure he will be in the top 15 maybe 20 on my list.

Glaring mistake (opinion) , no Curtis Martin here. He may not be top five this year, but I garantee he is a top ten RB. LT2 has to be #1 until proven otherwise. I understand hunches, but my hunch is that Alexander does some more pouting, and it shows up in his game. Priest just hasn't been holding up, and that risk drops him way down in my list. If we were talking "team" RB's, I'd take KC #1. McGahee carries risk too, because of a "virtual" rookie QB and still awful O line. I think DD's touches go down this year as Capers will try to involve Morency some, and hopes that the lighter workload on DD helps him stay healthy and fresh. Last year, Tiki had 21 plays go for over 20 yeards, and quite a few that went for 50+. That won't happen again. I don't see the Giants scoring a whole lot more TD's than they did last year, but they should inprove on TD passes to WR's (was it one or two they had last year?) . That eats into Tiki's TD production in a big way.

So, with that preface, here is my list:

LT2

Jamal Lewis

Corey Dillon

Clinton Portis

Alexander

Curtis Martin

Edge

Brown

Rudi

DD

J Jones

K Jones

Benson

Tiki

Holmes (strictly risk factor)

MaGahee

Arrington

I think Lewis comes back strong. The Ravens finally have the recievers to keep eight out of the box. Call this one my hunch pick. With Jansen back, and other improvements in the Redskins' O line, I think Portis returns to the top five. Benson should get 25 carries a game. That puts him in the top ten in a heavilly run oriented offense. JJ would be higher, but supposedly Dallas wants to limit his carries to less than 20/game. K Jones is the sleeper here.... if Detroit's offense can finally start scaring people with that reciever corp, he could really explode. I think the Bills have some trouble with a rookie QB, and that will hurt MaGahee. Tiki had his career year. Arrington could surprise.

PS: Duece and Green should be in there somewhere..... but I don't think either will be top ten. Also edited for a typo.... I typed T Jones, meant K Jones....

Edited by Rovers

Top 10 RBs is a tough thing right now. After the few that really break away, I think the pack from 5-20 is going to be pretty tight. Even so, here's a top 10 list including only RBs I would draft...

1) LT

2) James

3) Alexander

4) McGahee

5) Lewis

6) K Jones

7) Dillon

8) J Jones

9) A Green

10) S Jackson

Its a RARE year where at least one rookie or a guy who wasn't even in the top 20 last year doesn't end up in the top 10...

So, who are these guys...

Rookies: Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown and JJ Arrington have the best chance

Vets w/ a shot: Stephen Jackson and Lamont Jordan have the best chance

...if you don't have at least one of those guys in your top 10, your list is to "historical" and not forward-looking enough.

Its a RARE year where at least one rookie or a guy who wasn't even in the top 20 last year doesn't end up in the top 10...

Rookies:  Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown and JJ Arrington have the best chance

Vets w/ a shot:  Stephen Jackson and Lamont Jordan have the best chance

...if you don't have at least one of those guys in your top 10, your list is to "historical" and not forward-looking enough.

803798[/snapback]

I disagree. None of those guys have yet been proven in the NFL.

So, they would just be guesses or hunches or 'hopefuls'.

With the exception of maybe Lamont Jordan, but who is also in a new home.

None of them would be in my top 10, but I'm sure I could grab some in later rounds anyway

Glaring mistake (opinion) , no Curtis Martin here. He may not be top five this year, but I garantee he is a top ten RB. LT2 has to be #1 until proven otherwise. I understand hunches, but my hunch is that Alexander does some more pouting, and it shows up in his game. Priest just hasn't been holding up, and that risk drops him way down in my list. If we were talking "team" RB's, I'd take KC #1. McGahee carries risk too, because of a "virtual" rookie QB and still awful O line. I think DD's touches go down this year as Capers will try to involve Morency some, and hopes that the lighter workload on DD helps him stay healthy and fresh. Last year, Tiki had 21 plays go for over 20 yeards, and quite a few that went for 50+. That won't happen again. I don't see the Giants scoring a whole lot more TD's than they did last year, but they should inprove on TD passes to WR's (was it one or two they had last year?) . That eats into Tiki's TD production in a big way.

So, with that preface, here is my list:

LT2

Jamal Lewis

Corey Dillon

Clinton Portis

Alexander

Curtis Martin

Edge

Brown

Rudi

DD

J Jones

K Jones

Benson

Tiki

Holmes (strictly risk factor)

MaGahee

Arrington

I think Lewis comes back strong. The Ravens finally have the recievers to keep eight out of the box. Call this one my hunch pick. With Jansen back, and other improvements in the Redskins' O line, I think Portis returns to the top five. Benson should get 25 carries a game. That puts him in the top ten in a heavilly run oriented offense. JJ would be higher, but supposedly Dallas wants to limit his carries to less than 20/game. K Jones is the sleeper here.... if Detroit's offense can finally start scaring people with that reciever corp, he could really explode. I think the Bills have some trouble with a rookie QB, and that will hurt MaGahee. Tiki had his career year. Arrington could surprise.

PS: Duece and Green should be in there somewhere..... but I don't think either will be top ten. Also edited for a typo.... I typed T Jones, meant K Jones....

803692[/snapback]

Great minds do think alike! I agree with almost everything you said Rovers, well put. The only thing I disagree on is Cumar. I've been expecting him to burnout for the last 3 years, he hasn't yet, but I can't buy now. I gotta keep selling his a$$. Anyways, great analysis and I look forward to competing against you in our BOTH league. Peace.

List looks okay, but Portis definitely needs to be in the top ten as does Tatum Bell. Lewis needs to come off the top 10 list. Last year wasn't about 8 in the box, but about is constant coming of the field for a breather. He seemed really out of shape. How is his jail time going to help that problem this year.

Rookies:  Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown and JJ Arrington have the best chance

803798[/snapback]

You're absolutely right in saying that. Your choice of players may be questionable, but your point of "forward thinking" is right on. Great fantasy owners have an intuition for prognostication. Good post brother :D

Just weighing in some homer info on Deuce. Here are several reasons why I think Deuce will be a top 10 RB this year.

1. The Saints are swearing they are much more committed to the run this year.

2. Simplified offensive schemes & dumping Victor Riley will cut down on all the false starts we were getting last year which was forcing too many long yardage situations.

3. They scrapped the idea of having a one-back set and are going back to the 'Deuce-preferrred' FB lead.

4. Mike Karney was a great lead blocker last year when they finally used him & will be much improved with the experience.

5. Much improved offensive line with Jamal Brown & Jermane Mayberry as well as a surprise push from Jon Stinchcomb who will be pushing Gandy this year for the starting LT position.

6. The Hiring of Johnny Roland, one of the premier running backs coaches in the NFL.

7. He'll be playing for a new contract.

803798[/snapback]

Only thing you are missing is JJ here in Dallas. I was concerned about his durability but I think A-Train is the answer. If healthy Jones will be top ten next year. A-Train will keep him healthy. Otherwise, I'd bet it is a lock one of the 6 you mentioned or Julius Jones will be top ten next year.

Actually, it was non other than Jerry Jones that made the JJ statement about keeping his carries down, so take that for whatever it's worth. I also left Jordan off my list. This is a real change in FF, as far as I am concerned. There is actually a surplus of quality RB picks out there. Sure, Chris Brown isnt duable, but he makes not even a mention. All the more reason to forget the old RB,RB drafting we all accepted in the past, IMHO. I'll be looking for one of the 3 top QB's (you know who they are) and the top WR's in the first two rounds this year, at least as far as my two redraft leagues go. Things have changed, and I think the folks that see that will be this year's league champs.

The position is in a period of upheaval, as Rovers mentioned. In my estimation, the #1 is LT, there's a general idea of who #2-#7 is, then it's a crapshoot as far as value after that.

Here's my current list. The number in front is their 2005 bye week.

1-10

10-LaDainian Tomlinson - Has to be number one

8-Shaun Alexander - I think Seattle re-signs him now

9-Willis McGahee - If he plays 16 games

10-Deuce McAllister - Comeback year.

3-Kevin Jones - This guy has the tools

8-Edgerrin James - TDs missed by Manning passing in red zone

3-Jamal Lewis - He'll be in shape this year

6-Ahman Green - Talent and Favre back. OL ??

3-Clinton Portis - Surely they will fix this

6-Stephen Jackson - He's got it but Faulk still gets carries

11-20

5-Priest Holmes - Health, health, Larry Johnson

9-Julius Jones - Parcell says 20 carries, and Thomas or Barber get TDS

5-LaMont Jordan - This might even be low if the OL is truly better + Moss

5-Tiki Barber - All those 20+ yd TDs? Not quite this year

7-Corey Dillon - 400 carries in 2004.... Hmmm?

9-Tatum Bell - He'll play 12-14 games... just my hunch

8-Curtis Martin - The light starts to fade

3-Domanic Davis - Morencey... ouch.

10-Rudi Johnson - I might have him too low

10-Chris Brown - Injury prone

Rookie Wanna bees order.

6-J.J. Arrington - Best team

4-Cedric Benson - Thomas Jones will steal carries

7-Cadillac Williams - Michael Pittman will steal carries

4-Ronnie Brown - Best player, worst OL

Edited by BoosBandits

1. Alexander

2. Holmes

3. LT

4. McAllister

5. McGahee

6. James

7. Lewis

8. Portis

9. Green

10. Cadillac Williams

11. K Jones

12. J. Jones

13. Jordan

14. Dillon

15. Rudi J

803914[/snapback]

This guy has it right. Other than I would flip flop McAllister and Dillion and drop McGahee a little, other than that perfect. I like Cadillac at 10 :D

Edited by TimD