[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor

reddogs2020

Apparently, an SUV was shot up, with no injuries. Dade county has not yet issued a warrant, but says Taylor is a "person of interest", which means he could be a witness, victim or suspect.

831208[/snapback]

Fox gametime react said authorities stated if he doesn't come in they will issue a warrant

Heard on ESPN radio this morning that someone stole his SUV. Somehow or other he found the guys house that stole it & started putting bullets in the house which prompted the thieves to call the cops. I understood that he intends to turn himself in.

ESPN.com news services

June 4 MIAMI — Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, described as a "person of interest" in an assault case, turned himself in to Miami-Dade County police on Saturday, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported. Taylor has been charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, a felony, and simple battery.

Full article

Well, if the putz had only listened to Coach Gibbs and worked out with the Team in DC, he wouldn't be in this position.

If he's convicted of the charge, his football career is probably over. Jeb Bush put some pretty stringent Laws on the books down in Fl.

"For those not familiar with Florida Law. Jeb Bush, back in 1999, passed a law called 10-20-life.

Mandates a minimum 10 year prison term for certain felonies, or attempted felonies in which the offender possesses a firearm or destructive device

Mandates a minimum 20 year prison term when the firearm is discharged

Mandates a minimum 25 years to LIFE if someone is injured or killed

Mandates a minimum 3 year prison term for possession of a firearm by a felon

Mandates that the minimum prison term is to be served consecutively to any other term of imprisonment imposed"

I imagine once George Jr's term is over, Jeb is gonna want a crack at the job up at the White House himself. I look for Jeb to make sure this "celebrity" gets put away. This would make Jeb even more appealing to a lot of Americans who lean to the right.

Well, if the putz had only listened to Coach Gibbs and worked out with the Team in DC, he wouldn't be in this position.

If he's convicted of the charge, his football career is probably over. Jeb Bush put some pretty stringent Laws on the books down in Fl.

"For those not familiar with Florida Law. Jeb Bush, back in 1999, passed a law called 10-20-life.

832052[/snapback]

Those are for convicted felons. Is Taylor a felon?

EDIT His father is Chief of Police in Florida City.

Edited by Randall

Those are for convicted felons. Is Taylor a felon?

832063[/snapback]

As I said in the post you just quoted
If he's convicted of the charge

832052[/snapback]

then yes, he would be a convicted felon........wouldn't he? :D

However, it certainly doesn't hurt Sean, that his Dad (Pedro W. Taylor) is Chief of Police in Florida City.

Edited by Big Score 1

I just heard he got arrested Today is that True????? If so for what????

Update YES he did!! All I can say is he a Bone Head! I live in Miami and can't understand why southbeach and chicks cause people so much trouble? and especially people that Lived here!!

His father is a Police Chief and I know he must be sick! I know quit a few people that knoow him but I haven't talk to the just yet! Ole well

I bet he would know how to act if he had a 9 to 5 to go to everyday! He needs to be hit :D right in the head!!!!!

Edited by MrGameTime

He may be well and truly screwed.If so,I have no problem with it.THIS is the type of gun control us pro-gun types want.Not restrictions on those of us who have never broken a law,but HARSH penalties on those that do commit crimes with a gun.

Anyways,here is a link to the law in Florida.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/10-20-life/

Randall,I see no evidence that this law is for felons only.

You can take homey out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of homey...

832557[/snapback]

Thats the stupid thing about this guy--he isnt from the ghetto, but a middle class family in a small town in Florida. But then he went to U of M......

I was really up on him after last year but like Wilbon and Kornheiser, I am not so sure anymore.

Thats the stupid thing about this guy--he isnt from the ghetto, but a middle class family in a small town in Florida. But then he went to U of M......

I was really up on him after last year but like Wilbon and Kornheiser, I am not so sure anymore.

832560[/snapback]

Uof M is a ghetto school... :D

NFL Safeties need to build their street cred by getting busted a few times. Although, I think Taylor may have gone a little over the Rae Carruth line this time..

Edited by spain

According to this he could 3 years if convicted.

Taylor may face 3 years

By Jody Foldesy

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor could face a mandatory minimum sentence of at least three years if he is convicted on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a firearm after Miami police said he pointed a gun at two people and physically assaulted one Wednesday.

Taylor was arrested late Saturday night after he turned himself in to the Miami-Dade County Police Department. He was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, a third-degree felony, and simple assault, a first-degree misdemeanor.

The Associated Press reported Taylor was released yesterday on a $16,500 bond, though a police official wouldn't confirm that when reached later in the day. Taylor reportedly will be arraigned at a later date.

The mandatory minimum sentence is part of a 1999 makeover of Florida's gun laws, called "10-20-Life," by Gov. Jeb Bush. To get tough on gun crime, Florida instituted mandatory minimum sentences of 10 years if a person possesses a gun while committing certain crimes, 20 years if the gun is fired and 25 years to life if someone is shot.

According to the Florida state code chapter 775.087, aggravated assault is one of 18 crimes to which the mandatory minimum sentences apply but also one of three in which the sentence is just three years at the "10" level. However, the loophole closes at the "20" level, when a gun is fired.

That could be a crucial distinction in Taylor's case. Police said Friday that they were seeking Taylor in connection with a "shooting" in southern Dade County. They said shots were fired during a dispute in a residential area but that no one was hurt.

However, a press release yesterday from the police department made no mention of whether Taylor fired any shots or whether any shots even were fired. It specifically said Taylor pointed a firearm at two victims and that no shots were fired at that time.

There was a second phase of the incident, and it is possible shots were fired at that time without being noted in the press release. An official at the police department declined to answer questions about the press release.

If Taylor indeed fired the gun during the incident, he would face a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years -- 17 more than if he did not fire the gun.

A message wasn't immediately returned from the state attorney's office to confirm the application of the "10-20-Life" law. The applicability of the law was first reported by profootballtalk.com, a Web log that focuses on NFL news.

The second charge, simple battery, carries a sentence not exceeding one year.

According to the press release, the incident began Wednesday evening when Taylor drove his blue 2005 Yukon Denali to an area in southern Dade County. He was accompanied by Charles Elwood Caughman of Baltimore and several other unidentified individuals. Some members of the group were in a second vehicle.

Taylor accused the two victims of stealing a pair of all-terrain vehicles, according to the press release. He pointed a gun at them and demanded his property be returned. No shots were fired. Taylor's group left the scene and returned about 10 minutes later. Taylor got out of the car and "physically assaulted one victim with his fists," the press release said. Caughman wielded a baseball bat as he chased the second victim. The second victim was not struck. Taylor's group then fled the scene again.

The press release noted that police hadn't determined whether the victims were involved in any theft and that Caughman was arrested and charged with aggravated assault Wednesday night.

The Redskins commented briefly Saturday night to say that they were aware of Taylor's situation and were monitoring it through Taylor's representatives. Agent Drew Rosenhaus declined comment last night. Coral Gables attorney Fred Moldovan, who reportedly accompanied Taylor to the police station, did not return a call seeking comment.

Taylor has made repeated missteps off the field since Washington drafted him fifth overall in 2004. Last October he was arrested for DUI on the Capital Beltway, though he eventually was acquitted on both charges related to the incident. He also showed up late for the NFL's rookie symposium and was accused of spitting on an opponent, among other dubious moves.

the thing is, he is an absolute moron. we all know his Dad is a sheriff down in Florida and he should know better. The only good news is he can't gripe about his contract any more. I love the way he plays and he could end up in Canton one day. Yeah, that's right, Canton. I think they have a nice medium security prison there somewhere. :D