[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl...

Jrick35

Dilfer. Though didn't Staubach drop a few title games before he got his act together? :D

McMahon, rapping aside, was in no way a bad QB. He was injury prone and might not have made the best decisions regarding placing his body in the path of a linebacker, but the Minnesota Game in 1985, where he came off the bench with the Bears down by 2+ TD's and his first 2 passes were TD's (both 40+ yards IIRC) removes him from the list of "bad QB's" quite easily.

834018[/snapback]

Careful now you're swimming in dangerous waters going after Staubach. :D

Besides in Super Bowls he was actually 2 & 2. Craig Morton was the Cowboys starter in their 1st Super Bowl loss to the Colts. And but for a dropped pass in the end zone by a WIDE OPEN Jackie Smith :D:D:D he would have been 3 & 1.

I don't know how often it has happened since, or if it has, but they were the first team to win 3 road playoff games to reach the Superbowl..........

AFC Wildcard Game: won 26 - 14 at New York Jets

AFC Divisional Playoff: won 27 - 20 at Los Angeles Raiders

AFC Championship Game: won 31 - 14 at Miami Dolphins

834181[/snapback]

Didn't Baltimore win 3 road games when they won? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Didn't Baltimore win 3 road games when they won?  I'm too lazy to look it up.

836237[/snapback]

AFC Wildcard Game: won 21 - 3 vs. Denver Broncos

AFC Divisional Playoff: won 24 - 10 at Tennessee Titans

AFC Championship Game: won 16 - 3 at Oakland Raiders

Super Bowl: won 34 - 7 at New York Giants

Dilfer. He made some "good throws", sure. But he's an NFL QB. He's SUPPOSED to make good throws. That's why he's paid millions of dollars to play a freakin' game. Compared to other SB-winning QBs, he's clearly the worst.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but Trent Dilfer? I thought he was poor/ok...compared to most of these other guys (Tony Eason & McMahon, especially, I think anyways), which were TERRIBLE :D

That's just my $.02

Can't believe no one said O'Donnell yet.  He won the Cowboys their last Super Bowl.    :D

836239[/snapback]

:D that's awesome! :D

I honestly think Trent Dilfer is, and was in the super bowl, a better qb than Brad Johnson.

I must not understand the criteria from some of these replies.

Trent Dilfer has been nothing but a journeyman QB his entire career. He's never been asked to do nothing more than not fk things up. Some of these other guys have been thought of as actually quality QB's and a solution at the position........

Guest THEbigred

Need the question refined. "Worst" meaning worst career? Worst season that year? Worst game in the SB?

It'd probably be Dilfer for the first 2, Horseface for the last one, but worth asking.