[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Huddle Mock #2 ***

DMD

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You never did like me much.  :D

855938[/snapback]

I like you, Rovers. :D

Hopin' to get out to the other coast sometime soon... would love to :D with ya and Whomper and the rest of you right coast cronies.

Nice backfield of Lewis & Martin... that could be 3,000 yards you got there.

At this point in the draft not sure which team I like

Nogohawk: If Staley stays healthy and doesn't lose too many touches to Bettis this has the makings of a very good team.

Spain: If Jordan lives up to the hype (which I doubt) this is a very solid start to a team.

Sarge: Don't really like the Barlow pick, but like the rest of his team.

Scourge: Taking Manning in the first round means your second RB = Dunn. Except for Manning I believe all of these players spent time out of the lineup last year due to injury. If the planets align right and these players stay healthy and get the playing time, Manning could carry them into the playoffs.

darin3: I don't like the looks of this team. Holmes is obviously a stud but can't finish a season. Brown is also a stud but has already experienced injury problems in his 1st year. Burleson and Bennett are unknowns ... both were 2nd WRs last year and are expected to step up and be the 1st WR this year ... can they do it? Culpepper is obviously very solid.

Mad Cows: I'm just not convinced about T.Bell ... I think in his shoes I take one of the rookies there, although he did get Arrington. I'm not convinced about Coles either, primarily because of the injury concerns around Pennington. If Bell takes the RB job by the balls and runs with it then Cows has a very solid back field. Owens is obviously a top 5 WR and if Coles returns to his Jet form this will be a very solid team.

Billay: Hate the Bennett pick (as detailed earlier) but like the rest of the team ... Jimmy Smith at 5:07 looks like a good pick to me.

Coasters: Not convinced about Barber (wasn't last year either and paid), hated the Ward pick and not to crazy about the Foster pick either (although he is another projected starting RB).

Apocalypse: I like this team. Solid running backs. Top flight WR.

Rovers: Solid so far.

theTruth: This team is going to be hurting at WR.

Clowns: Not convinced about Steve Smith. If Steve returns to form a very solid team.

Wow, lighten up a little.  I'm just trying to give you a hard time.

We all like you :D

855962[/snapback]

Haha~! I knew that one would get ya! :D (for those that don't know, RC is a top shelf commish of the Any Given Sunday BOTH league). I'd rather have you stealing my picks now, than in thre AGS draft! :D

darin, anytime you get out to the right coast, I'm there. Hell, I'd even drive to Philly!

Ah, spain, the hillbilly mick. Just how many woolen targets can you go through in one draft? Lunch, sure, yeah, it was lunch. The disaster alarm was going off at the ASPCA. :D

PS: Grits, love the commentary! Interesting to see a knowledgable outsider critique it as it goes.

Edited by Rovers

Does Manning really have first round value with the TDs worth 3 points?

855995[/snapback]

Not in my opinion he doesn't.

855998[/snapback]

no

855999[/snapback]

Actually, maybe late first round... once all the pure stud RBs are gone... you would be able to land a solid RB with your swing pick.

Passing yards are at a 1:20 clip - that's actually a little meatier than the standard 1:25.

Guess it's by a case-by-case basis...

Does Manning really have first round value with the TDs worth 3 points?

855995[/snapback]

Heck no. That was the worst pick of the 1st round given the scoring rules, imo...

Well, it was Evans, Moulds R Smith or Chambers for me there. Losman scares me. Can Smith still get it done? The Miami defense looks like a nightmare. They have no DT's, and desperately need a Safety and CB. They have no depth to boot. As much as I hate the fin's QB situation, I think they will be playing catch up all year long. What other reciever, besides McMicheal will be the target? Boston? I've seen ADP's with Chambers as the #20 WR. I took him as the 23rd WR. Why do you think he's a bust? I look at him as the clear cut #1 WR on a team that will be playing from behind all year long.

Actually, maybe late first round... once all the pure stud RBs are gone... you would be able to land a solid RB with your swing pick.

Passing yards are at a 1:20 clip - that's actually a little meatier than the standard 1:25. 

Guess it's by a case-by-case basis...

856004[/snapback]

I strongly disagree ... under no circumstances should ANY QB be drafted in the first round when passing TDs are only worth 3 points (even at 4 points). The hit you take in your RBs and WRs is too great.

I strongly disagree ... under no circumstances should ANY QB be drafted in the first round when passing TDs are only worth 3 points (even at 4 points).  The hit you take in your RBs and WRs is too great.

856018[/snapback]

Eep - didn't see QB TDs were 3. Thought it was 4. I'm new here, move along. :D

Well, it was Evans, Moulds R Smith or Chambers for me there. Losman scares me. Can Smith still get it done? The Miami defense looks like a nightmare. They have no DT's, and desperately need a Safety and CB. They have no depth to boot. As much as I hate the fin's QB situation, I think they will be playing catch up all year long. What other reciever, besides McMicheal will be the target? Boston? I've seen ADP's with Chambers as the #20 WR. I took him as the 23rd WR. Why do you think he's a bust? I look at him as the clear cut #1 WR on a team that will be playing from behind all year long.

856015[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya on Chambers. He has [Hubie Brown] tremendous UPSIDE [/Hubie Brown]. Trouble is, though, he's had this UPSIDE for several years. Perhaps it's the Miami situation as a whole that's kept him down and kept this UPSIDE dormant. But yeah, he's the clear-cut #1 on a team that may be behind alot this season. Ronnie Brown will help, and sure, McMichael steals some looks, but Chambers is a fine #2 or #3 fantasy WR.

I strongly disagree ... under no circumstances should ANY QB be drafted in the first round when passing TDs are only worth 3 points (even at 4 points).  The hit you take in your RBs and WRs is too great.

856018[/snapback]

I completely agree with you.. I know it was a stretch, but this is a mock draft and I am doing somewhat of an experiment.. Which is what mock drafting is all about.. You can be sure I would not do that in my real draft if TDs were worth 3 or 4 points.. Regardless, I wanted to see what value was to be had when taking the QB that ealy and there was obviously less than I hoped

:D