[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Huddle Mock #2 ***

DMD

Pick 6.08 - The napping teenager didn't really give me much to work with. Two injury-prone RBs that could POTENTIALLY be HUGH is tough to deal with. Do I pick their backups early? Or do I make do with what I have and try to fill out a solid starting roster. Grabbing Muhammad here seemed like the thing to do. Definite question marks for all three WRs on this team, but if they produce like they did last season - and SHOULD this season, it could be a formidable trio. Muhammad was the #1 fantasy WR last season for an offense that really didn't HAVE to throw the ball. Now he's on a team that will most likely be playing catch-up. Like him or not, Grossman can throw the ball... and will look to the veteran Muhammad plenty. 1,000 yards and 8-9 TDs for your #3 WR is solid.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick 6.08 - The napping teenager didn't really give me much to work with.  Two injury-prone RBs that could POTENTIALLY be HUGH is tough to deal with.  Do I pick their backups early?  Or do I make do with what I have and try to fill out a solid starting roster.  Grabbing Muhammad here seemed like the thing to do.  Definite question marks for all three WRs on this team, but if they produce like they did last season - and SHOULD this season, it could be a formidable trio.  Muhammad was the #1 fantasy WR last season for an offense that really didn't HAVE to throw the ball.  Now he's on a team that will most likely be playing catch-up.  Like him or not, Grossman can throw the ball... and will look to the veteran Muhammad plenty.  1,000 yards and 8-9 TDs for your #3 WR is solid.

856041[/snapback]

You didn't have a great start to work with, darin. On that last pick, MM was a good one. The RB's that are left arent even good bye week guys, never mind injury fill-ins. I really don't know what to expect from Grossman and this new offense for the Bears this year, and to be sure, Mush can't duplicate last year's numbers, but Burleson and Bennett should be solid.

Edited by Rovers

You didn't have a great start to work with, darin. On that last pick, MM was a good one. The RB's that are left arent even good bye week guys, never mind injury fill-ins. I really don't know what to expect from Grossman and this new offense for the Bears this year, and to be sure, Mush can't duplicate last year's numbers, but Smith and Bennett should be solid.

856056[/snapback]

Oh yeah, MM's not gonna come close to his '04 numbers. But on a team that will be playing from behind, it could translate into 1,000+ yards and 8-10 TDs. Again, as a #3 WR, that is solid. I seriously doubt the majority of teams will have a legit #1 NFL WR as their #3 fantasy WR.

Now, time to build RB depth and find me a TE. :D

I am typically the last owner to get a defense and a kicker. But the rb's left are crap. The wr's left will all be 5th tier and below. No standouts at qb left. The only difference makers I saw were the Ravens defense. Let the cat calls begin...

I am typically the last owner to get a defense and a kicker.  But the rb's left are crap.  The wr's left will all be 5th tier and below.  No standouts at qb left.  The only difference makers I saw were the Ravens defense.  Let the cat calls begin...

856063[/snapback]

With defenses only getting points for defensive / special teams TDs scored, safeties and shut outs ... I'd have a very hard time taking a defense this early.

No points for turnovers, no points for sacks.

Defensive scoring

Top defense last year scored 62 points, 12th defense scored 30 points. Since defenses are so unpredictable year to year, especially on TDs scored it is a real crap shoot.

I didn't understand why defenses were taken so early in Mock 1 either.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I am loving what Nogohawk is doing.  Real nice job so far.

856074[/snapback]

Has potential, but I'm not as high on it as you are.

LT is obviously a top 1 or 2 RB.

Holt and Chad Johnson are a great 1-2 punch at WR.

Bulger isn't much different then the rest of the guys in his tier.

Staley is a question mark to stay healthy and will lose touches to Bettis (goal line carries at a minimum).

A big assumption that Henry will land somewhere else ...

Heap was a mistake at 6.12 IMO ...

Guys - I pre-drafted Rounds 8 & 9 which will allow you to go thru 10.11.

I don't know if I'll be able to get online this evening from home, but will be in the office early Tues. AM (usually by 6:45 EDT). If this is going to be a hold up, have someone take over for me. If not, see you in the AM. :D

Scourge must have tapped out.  Wish we could get a couple of more rounds in before the afternoon ends.

856131[/snapback]

Tapped out? Sorry, but if you're gonna join a mock draft - ESPECIALLY a Huddle-sanctioned, analyzed one - then you are on top of it. If you're not gonna be around for a pick, PRE-FREAKIN'-DRAFT. :D:D

Scourge was still on the huddle when I told him he was up. Oh well.... but I argee with darin, this is a Huddle sanctioned draft. You can't just walk, at yer convenience. Flatly, it's rude. I guess I'll preselect now.

Well Culpepper was my final pick for pre-select on the 2nd round.  Then I guess all my 3rd round were biffed.

856146[/snapback]

That's not what I meant. Both Brown and Holmes are poster boys for "could be studs - could be duds" based on injury concerns. Having ONE in your fantasy backfield is a mild risk. But having BOTH is a hugh, HUGH risk. I now have to cover these tracks and handcuff one or perhaps both backs which will severely limit this team's RB depth.

Scourge was still on the huddle when I told him he was up. Oh well.... but I argee with darin, this is a Huddle sanctioned draft. You can't just walk, at yer convenience. Flatly, it's rude. I guess I'll preselect now.

856147[/snapback]

Simple formula should you find it necessary to leave your computer for any long stretch of time - I don't even need muck for this one :D ...

1. Count how many picks will pass before your next pick (say nine).

2. Pre-select ONE MORE player than this number (ten) so even if your list is completely pillaged, you'll at least have a selection made.

It's not difficult. Look at your roster. Need a TE? Rank the remaining TEs in your pre-select. If you get to the point where you're dropping off to another tier, go in another direction with another position. Cripes. :D Nine picks to go, rank it Shockey, Crumpler, Clark... ah, the next few TEs suck... and I need help at RB... OK, so Shockey, Crumpler, Clark, Johnson, Taylor, Rhodes, etc. :D:D

Edited by darin3

Simple formula should you find it necessary to leave your computer for any long stretch of time - I don't even need muck for this one :D ...

1.  Count how many picks will pass before your next pick (say nine).

2.  Pre-select ONE MORE player than this number (ten) so even if your list is completely pillaged, you'll at least have a selection made.

It's not difficult.  Look at your roster.  Need a TE?  Rank the remaining TEs in your pre-select.  If you get to the point where you're dropping off to another tier, go in another direction with another position.  Cripes.  :D  Nine picks to go, rank it Shockey, Crumpler, Clark... ah, the next few TEs suck... and I need help at RB... OK, so Shockey, Crumpler, Clark, Johnson, Taylor, Rhodes, etc. :D:D

856150[/snapback]

I'll drink to that!

Pick 7.05 - With broncos picking Holmes (not really a bad pick), I had to decide when to grab Johnson. Could have been too early, as I still need a TE. Banged my head against the desk when I saw that the TE I was hoping for in the next round got snagged by billay (Clark). Having Johnson ensures me I have the KC RBs - which will obviously put up major poinst - locked down. In an analyzed draft, I think it's critical to handcuff your stud backs. Hopefully the powers that be agree with me there! :D