[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Huddle Mock #2 ***

DMD

Interesting pick of Benson before the other rookies.  I have him clearly in 4th among rookie RB.

855683[/snapback]

I'm not sure how I have the rookies rated:

Brown has a horrible offensive line and may have Williams to contend with

Williams has Pittman to contend with

Bensen has Jones to contend with and plays for Chicago

Arrington may be in the best spot to perform.

:D

I noticed that Darrell Jackson was taken 4.03 in both mocks ... I'm thinking I probably take him BEFORE Steve Smith myself.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting pick of Benson before the other rookies.  I have him clearly in 4th among rookie RB.

855683[/snapback]

I like the Benson pick. I don't like the O lines in TB or Miami, Caddy can lose carries to Pittman, and maybe even Garner, Ricky back at Miami..... I have Benson at the top, with Arrington next.

I a dynasty, I like Brown, Benson, Caddy and Arrington.

Edited by Rovers

Interesting to note that in the 1st mock a TE wasn't drafted until the 4th round where 3 were drafted

4.04 - TGonzalez

4.09 - AGates

4.10 - JWitten

In this mock 2 were drafted in the 3rd round

3.10 - TGonzalez

3.11 - AGates

Mock 1 RBrown was the first rookie drafted at 3.08. Mock 2 CBenson was the first rookie drafted at 3.12 and RBrown was drafted at 4.02.

Interesting to note that in the 1st mock a TE wasn't drafted until the 4th round where 3 were drafted

4.04 - TGonzalez

4.09 - AGates

4.10 - JWitten

In this mock 2 were drafted in the 3rd round

3.10 - TGonzalez

3.11 - AGates

Mock 1 RBrown was the first rookie drafted at 3.08.  Mock 2 CBenson was the first rookie drafted at 3.12 and RBrown was drafted at 4.02.

855710[/snapback]

3rd round is ridiculously early to take a TE. That is a losing strategy most of the time...

3rd round is ridiculously early to take a TE.  That is a losing strategy most of the time...

855713[/snapback]

I took Gonzo only 6 picks earlier than the other mock, and still got the WR I wanted at 4.3, with DJax. So, that is pretty much a wash, same as getting Gonzo at 4.3 instead. I've looked at this TE thing pretty hard this year. I like the VBD on Gonzo at that point, and I might add, it's the first time I ever went for a TE so early. With Morton gone, Gonzo may even improve on his numbers from last year.

MOCK 1

Round 1

• 1 - QB, Manning at 1.06
  • 11 - RBs

Round 2

• 1 - QB, Culpepper at 2.04
  • 7 - RBs
  • 4 - WRs

Round 3

• 1 - QB, McNabb at 3.04
  • 5 - RBs
  • 6 - WRs

MOCK 2

Round 1

• 1 - QB, Manning at 1.04
  • 11 - RBs

Round 2

• 1 - QB, Culpepper at 2.08
  • 8 - RBs
  • 3 - WRs

Round 3

• 1 - QB, McNabb at 3.07
  • 3 - RBs
  • 6 - WRs
  • 2 - TEs

I absolutely do not like the Hines Ward or Michael Bennett picks.

I take Arrington BEFORE I take either of those guys! There are more than several WRs left on the board I take before Ward. And I would have loved to have Arrington instead of Bennett. Bennett is all hype and has yet to finish a year.

Take from me ... I owned Ward last year and have had Bennett since his rookie year in my dynasty league.

I was really suprised to get Bennett at 4.06.  Considering Onterrio is out and Moss is gone, why would Bennett be slipping so far, even if his durability has been an issue?

855748[/snapback]

See my comments above.

Mewelde Moore is still there and Bennett has always been just hype. Not only has he been inconsistent but he can't stay healthy either. You should have taken Arrington there IMO.

I absolutely do not like the Hines Ward or Michael Bennett picks.

I take Arrington BEFORE I take either of those guys!  There are more than several WRs left on the board I take before Ward.  And I would have loved to have Arrington instead of Bennett.  Bennett is all hype and has yet to finish a year.

Take from me ... I owned Ward last year and have had Bennett since his rookie year in my dynasty league.

855751[/snapback]

I am not high on Ward, or Bennet for that matter, but figure he has value at this point. I haven't paid much attention to the rookies coming in this year

yet. That's why I do the mocks. If the situation had been the same in MINN, I may have passed, but I think Bennett will have a good year sooner or later. This year? Who knows.

EDIT to add: Rookies always go a little earlier than warranted IMO.

Edited by billay

I am not high on Ward, or Bennet for that matter, but figure he has value at this point.  I haven't paid much attention to the rookies coming in this year

yet.  That's why I do the mocks.  If the situation had been the same in MINN, I may have passed, but I think Bennett will have a good year sooner or later.  This year?  Who knows.

855760[/snapback]

:D ... seems like every year is "the year" that Bennett will finally have a good year.