[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Huddle Mock #2 ***

DMD

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clowns had back-to-back picks.  How can he make one, then disappear for the other? :D

856279[/snapback]

Yeah, wild. He wasn't set up for pre-selection, which would explain one pick but not able to grab the second one...

I preselected thru round 10. I have to go out for several hours, and if I get lucky, I won't be home until the morning! :D that means I can't hold it up for at least the next 34 picks. :D I better bring one of those along.....

Edited by Rovers

Well my entire strategy got blown to bits right before my eyes. I thought at this turn I could get 2 of these 3: Faulk, Duckett, and T Jones. And those 3 lasted until right before my pick. Obviously, my rb corps would like alot better with Faulk and Duckett as my depth. But I had to take Bettis, who was a stud last year and kept Staley off the field even after he came back healthy; and Rueben Droughens who is competing with Suggs for the starting rb position in Cleveland.

I like mocks for the reason you can see what you are left with if you go a different route than you normally would go. I typically would still not have a def or a qb this early. Took them early in this mock and am trying to see how far down my 2 back rb's are from the 2 I wanted. And now that I think about it, maybe not that far if bettis has 1 more year left, and Droughans has a good camp...

Well my entire strategy got blown to bits right before my eyes.  I thought at this turn I could get 2 of these 3: Faulk, Duckett, and T Jones.  And those 3 lasted until right before my pick.  Obviously, my rb corps would like alot better with Faulk and Duckett as my depth.  But I had to take Bettis, who was a stud last year and kept Staley off the field even after he came back healthy; and Rueben Droughens who is competing with Suggs for the starting rb position in Cleveland. 

I like mocks for the reason you can see what you are left with if you go a different route than you normally would go.  I typically would still not have a def or a qb this early.  Took them early in this mock and am trying to see how far down my 2 back rb's are from the 2 I wanted.  And now that I think about it, maybe not that far if bettis has 1 more year left, and Droughans has a good camp...

856492[/snapback]

:D

I'm thinking you aren't the only one whose strategy got "blown"

I'd bet nogohawks isn't shaping up like he'd hoped.

Scourge has a mis-mash at RB (like you).

billay has 2 backs in one with Bennett and Moore ... but sadly can't start them both in one spot.

Not sure why the clowns took back-to-back QBs when he could have taken one of those guys and added TJones behind Benson or picked up Crumpler, McMichael or Shockey.

OK, for those who flipped out when I took Gonzalez at 3.10.... some things that might make you reconsider your opinion of that pick:

Last year Gonzo was #11 in this scoring system amoung all TE's AND WR's. Only two WR's with more points in 2003 were still on the board..... Driver and Bennett. The WR I wanted was DJax, who I got on the wrap around at 4.3. So, with those two picks I got 2 recievers in the 10 to 15 group in scoring last year.

You could counter by saying Gonzo won't have as good a year, but in 2003 he was the #16 reciever in this scoring system. Having my two starting RB's already, should I have taken 2 WR's in the 3rd and 4th rounds that historically will score about the same as Gonzalez? Why do that when there are so many more WR's to pick from in later rounds? If you think this was a bad pick, I think you need to take another look at this strategy. It's a solid one. Gonzalez is about as safe a pick as one could make there. I think the only other thing I could have done would be to get a 3rd RB. Taking a WR over Gonzalez makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Tell me where I'm wrong here.

The next pick some of you hated was Chambers. Last year, he was the #25 WR in this scoring system and is the clear cut #1 WR on Miami. I took him over Bruce, an aging #2 WR for StL., Mason (Balt?) Mushy (Chicago and Grossman?) and several other WR's who may or may not be the #1 WR on thier teams. Tandems like Moulds and Evans (who I got anyway), Lelie and R Smith (I did like Lelie there too) . Miami's defense looks just awful. Yes, the QB situation is bad, but it was last year too, when the D was much better. Chambers still cracked the top 25 in this scoring system. He should be top 20 this year, given the fact that Miami will be playing catch up all year.

The one pick that haunts me is watching Foster get snapped up by RC two spots in front of me. I settled for Suggs as a 3rd RB. I was as surprised as anyone that Rodeo Clowns took both Plummer and Brooks right in front of me at 7.12 and 8.1. Palmer was my third choice, and luckilly theTruth took Brady instead at 8.2. That was the last thing I thought would happen there, 4 QB's in a row!

Overall, my strategy has worked, although I am weak at RB #3 and didnt get a true stud WR, but Gonzo gives my roster great balance. I have to hope that DJax enters the top 10 with KRob at the bar, and Jurivicous (sp?) on the other side for now. This is when it gets fun..... the value picks and the sleepers.

I loved NoGo's first 3 picks, but after that, I thought he jumped for Bulger, Staley as RB#2 is weak, and he had to gamble on Travis Henry. Taking DelHomme in the 9th is a head scrather, I would have looked for another RB with a chance to start later in the year, like Gore.

I thought spain was going pretty well, until that pick of the Balt D in the sixth. Based on this scoring system, not only was that 5 rounds too early, it was a bad pick to boot. Only ST and defensive TD's really mean anything, and based on that, even the selection of Balt is lame. spain, do you even know who is returning KO's and punts for the Ravens this year? Then taking a 4th RB when he only has two WR's is a head scrather. I think he was drinking some Tennesse sunshine, made up in the hils when he made those picks.

sarge 763576095709257 has quietly had a nice draft. Even though i'm not high on Jackson and Barlow, he has a solid RB corp, and still managed to get Boldin, Stokely and Wlaker for a nice WR group. Farve and McMicheal were nice values.

With the 3 point per TD pass, Scourge started the draft by whipping his own back. Manning just isnt a 1st rounder in this scoring system. The saving grace is the 1pt/20 yards, but not near enough to justify passing over stud RB's. Pretty much put him in chase mode for the rest of the draft.

darin is doing what he can to try to patch up two RB's that in my opinion, will both lose significant time to injury. Got LJ for insurance, but I think I might have gone Nash to back up Brown over Gore. having said all that, I still give him an "A" for the team name.

Mad Cows has probably had the best draft. While I think he's a bit weak at WR, with two WR's changing teams, always a red flag, at least Coles returns to a situation he is familiar with, even if it is a new system. He knows and has serious man love for his new QB. Collins and Crumpler were great values where he got them. I am always amazed to see Crumpler drop so far.

I'm not even sure what billays' strategy is! He seems to be all over the place. McNabb in this scoring system was way too early, especially with all the RB's that were still available. Bennett, Moore and Buckhalter don't add up to a #2 RB. He has managed to collect a reasonably good WR corp, mostly because of the Moss pick.

RC has done pretty good too. The Vick pick makes sense, because his ability to get rushing yards and rushing TD's might make Vick the highest scoring QB in this scoring system. He has three starting RB's (as long as Foster stays ahem, healthy) , three veteran WR's who should produce, and the enigma, Shockey, who might break out any year now.

Apocolypse, forgeting the T Green pick, also has a nice draft going. Three starting RB's, and four VERY solid WR's. Still needs a TE, but Branch, Lelie, Bruce and Wayne is hard to beat. Portis, Rudi and Caddy are a very solid group of RB's. Nice draft so far!

I have two good starting RB's, with Suggs also a likely starter. Not a bad RB corp with Lewis, Martin and Suggs. No stud WR's but the Gonzalez pick helps alot. DJax, Chambers and Evans should all easilly be top 25 WR's, and each has upside ... DJax for top 10, Chambers and Evans for top 20. Palmer has upside for an 8th round pick.

theTruth has a lot of what I have as second and 3rd tier guys, Porter, R Smith, and Fitzgerald are all the #2 WR's on thier teams. I think A Green is on the decline, and don't think much of Brady, especially over Palmer or even Lefty FF-wise. I liked the Gates pick, but have to wonder if he can do it again. 14 TD's last year is a tough act to follow, having set the record for TD catches for TE's last year.

I really liked the Clown's draft until that QB-QB pick. One was fine, but taking two makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. This is probably the best RB corp in the draft, with K Jones, Dillon and Benson, but it did weaken the WR's some, although SSmith, Driver(aging) and Kennison (with Morton gone) is hard to shake a stick at. I think Crumpler or Shockey at 8.1 would have really solidified this team into a bona-fide contender.... which it may still be anyway.

:D OK, I'm done! :D

Sometimes that's the problem with pre-drafting. Things change or don't go like you expected and you're stuck with a player you were hoping would fall that far. I'm okay with the S Moss pick, but I was hoping for another Qb other than Jake D. Oh well, such is life. :D

I'm going to pre-draft the next 2 rounds since I have to be out of the office a bit this AM. If I hold things up, have DMD draft for me.

"I thought spain was going pretty well, until that pick of the Balt D in the sixth. Based on this scoring system, not only was that 5 rounds too early, it was a bad pick to boot. Only ST and defensive TD's really mean anything, and based on that, even the selection of Balt is lame. spain, do you even know who is returning KO's and punts for the Ravens this year? Then taking a 4th RB when he only has two WR's is a head scrather. I think he was drinking some Tennesse sunshine, made up in the hils when he made those picks. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple things:

1. I took the Ravens defense a couple of rounds early because I wanted to see what that would do to me in "real leagues" I am in. I dont even know the scoring rules for the defense in this mock to be honest. Yes, it was early, but I am experimenting, and mocks are the time you can do that.

2. Not getting another starting wr was my fault entirely as I thought we were only starting 2 wr's. Since we would be starting 3, I would have gotten my 3rd starter sooner.

3. An Irishman accusing someone of drinking is like the Pope accusing someone of being catholic! :D

"I thought spain was going pretty well, until that pick of the Balt D in the sixth. Based on this scoring system, not only was that 5 rounds too early, it was a bad pick to boot. Only ST and defensive TD's really mean anything, and based on that, even the selection of Balt is lame. spain, do you even know who is returning KO's and punts for the Ravens this year? Then taking a 4th RB when he only has two WR's is a head scrather. I think he was drinking some Tennesse sunshine, made up in the hils when he made those picks. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple things:

1.  I took the Ravens defense a couple of rounds early because I wanted to see what that would do to me in "real leagues" I am in.  I dont even know the scoring rules for the defense in this mock to be honest.  Yes, it was early, but I am experimenting, and mocks are the time you can do that.

2.  Not getting another starting wr was my fault entirely as I thought we were only starting 2 wr's.  Since we would be starting 3, I would have gotten my 3rd starter sooner.

3.  An Irishman accusing someone of drinking is like the Pope accusing someone of being catholic! :D

856683[/snapback]

I never said being drunk was a bad thing! :D

Is he awake? :D

856694[/snapback]

probably :D , but then has brief moments of :D , then more :D , then :D to get into bed but falls down :doah: . now rovers is a combo of :D and :D . in the end, he goes back and has a little more :D

edit to add: in about 2 hours he will have a :D

Edited by seminoles

probably  :D , but then has brief moments of  :D , then more  :D , then  :D to get into bed but falls down  :doah: . now rovers is a combo of  :D and  :D . in the end, he goes back and has a little more  :D

856695[/snapback]

What would some loopy kid know about spirits, and how Leprechauns live within the Celtic culture? He probably buys into the pot of gold thing too. There is a still at the end of the rainbow..... and what comes out is liquid gold! :D