[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge...its all about $$$$?

dfv87

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with going with the employer that's going to pay you the most.

1367128[/snapback]

I agree. I hate to see Edge go to no mans land and lets face it many have went that way to never be heard from again. I know there are new factors to consider and I'm trying to look at the "glass half full" but I am worried as an Edge owner in more than one league.

I agree.  I hate to see Edge go to no mans land and lets face it many have went that way to never be heard from again.  I know there are new factors to consider and I'm trying to look at the "glass half full" but I am worried as an Edge owner in more than one league.

1367137[/snapback]

Edge's only hope for fantasy production is in the passing game IMO...

he'll be best used to chip the DE and slide off for a quick catch...

Hey I can understand the working for the best Money argument, but I also think that as a veteran wouldn't you also consider the best chance to win it all? I know Indy is closer than Ari to getting there. But I guess my point is that winning isn't as important to some players and I get that impression from Edge. JMO.

Players used to really care about winning, (So did owners!), now they care about #'s and $ more than winning championships. IMO that is why good organizations run with winning in mind have been winning SB trophies!

End Rant. :D

Even if it were about he money. I think Edge and the Colts needed a fresh start. The Colts figured he wasn't the guy, and didn't have any urgnency to sign him. And he signed the first big contract that was thrown at him. That says to me, things needed a change anyways!

Something intrigued him there. Perhps Denny and the coaches told  him something he liked. Perhaps they told him they would use him more than they did in Indy. With those WR's they could have a great offense with a little blocking.

1366962[/snapback]

Edge wasn't coming back to Indy because of cap issues. Too many defensive players to sign. After that, they essentially had to choose between re-signing a 28-year-old back whose numbers will begin to decline in about two years and one of the best posession receivers in the league who is just entering his prime. From what I've heard, he was relatively happy there and Manning was one of his biggest supporters.

I'm really surprised that Edge didn't end up in Carolina. They must've had too little cap space to give Edge a competitive offer. That's the only way that I can justify their re-signing of the perenially-injured DeShaun Foster.

I don't see any reason for Edge going to Arizona other than money. It's easily the worst RB situation in the entire league. Maybe Denny promised Edge that they'd spend their first four draft picks on O-linemen? :D

Michael Vick gave me herpes!

1367110[/snapback]

:D

now.....huh?

Cardinals | $67M available for 2007 cap

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:42:58 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals have $67 million in cap space for 2007.

1367238[/snapback]

So, they plan on cutting everyone but Edge next year?

Even if it were about he money. I think Edge and the Colts needed a fresh start. The Colts figured he wasn't the guy, and didn't have any urgnency to sign him. And he signed the first big contract that was thrown at him. That says to me, things needed a change anyways!

1367187[/snapback]

I agree here.I truly think James felt in Mannings shadow and wanted out.

I don't blame him for making this move, I just think it hurts his fantasy value for next year. I am sure he already knew about all the money the team had to spend the following year, I am also sure the team laid out a plan for their future to him and him liking what he seen in the future for this team could of played into his decision as much as the money.

Hate to say this, but I think Billy's right.  For years I've thought okay, they've improved the team and this year their going to be good.  Until they prove they have that losing mentality taken care of, I won't believe it.  I actually think there are other issues involved.  They always seem to be getting killed with injuries every year.  I'm also not convinced that the coaching staff is good enough to develop talent in the trenches.

1366963[/snapback]

I disagree. Money is one thing. But Edge wants a ring as well. And he would not go to a team if he didnt feel it could be a contender.

I disagree.  Money is one thing.  But Edge wants a ring as well.  And he would not go to a team if he didnt feel it could be a contender.

1367278[/snapback]

Forgot and the losing mentality, if he even sniffed that he would have left on the first thing smoking out of Arizona.

Even w/a marginal O-line, Edge will still put up good #'s..Boldin and Fitz will spread the D and open up Edge to run. If Warner has gets those 2 guys the ball and even dumping short passes to Edge, the Cards will be fine. Not saying Superbowl, but I bet they'll make the playoffs in a weak division. People here in AZ are stoked...new stadium and tons of cap space left to fill the O-line. Wait and see....

I don't blame Edge one bit. It was clear the Colts didn't want him anymore so he signed with a team that did want him. Let's not forget, the Colts also got rid of Marshall Faulk and replaced him with some rookie out of Miami. The Colts will draft another rookie RB this year and keep him for about 5-6 years and then drop him like a bad habit.

It would be easier for him to go to the Superbowl with the Cards.

1367110[/snapback]

:D Maybe they can charter a bus or something

Nothing wrong with going with the employer that's going to pay you the most.

1367128[/snapback]

Exactly. How many people bash players for wanting to rework their contracts after a big year? Now a guy who has played out his contract wants to cash in when he can. I can't fault the guy for wanting to get paid as much as he can.

WHo would have thought back in Warner and Faulks 1st yr the Rams were going to the playoffs. They had a few decent Wrs, and just traded for a RB whom the Colts wanted to replace with Edge. In the NFC anything is possible, and I see them competing for that division.

Also, I would go to the highest employer myself, but once I got there, id try to be the best in the business. Money talks, then pride takes you to the top of the mountain.

I dont blame Edge a bit, and Id love to live in Arizona, brand new stadium, the feature player, instead of the QB, and playing for a team stoked to have me. In Indy he was a cog in the Manning express. He wasnt huge in the community, and the fans worshipped Manning, not Edge. The Team didnt even try to sign him long term, and have a history of trading or letting backs go once they feel they have used them up. its not surprise Indy isnt ever going to the dance. They are semi Philadelphia in the mindset of you play for what we want, not what you want, and older players get shown the door years before they are done.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Exactly.  How many people bash players for wanting to rework their contracts after a big year?  Now a guy who has played out his contract wants to cash in when he can.  I can't fault the guy for wanting to get paid as much as he can.

1367422[/snapback]

As president of the "Let Zed and Maynard hack off Javon Walker's gimpy lower leg with a rusty nail file and shove it up his greedy a$$" club I couldn't agree more. :D:D

:D Play out the contract you sign. If you do it well, then feel free to go and get paid big money in the new deal you earned. If your name is already on a contract, call me sily call me rude, but call me please and do what you said you would. If you keep playing well, your day will come. :D

I have zero complaints with guys going out and getting paid, getting overpaid, or whatever if they can find a team to offer up the money. So congrats to Edge, he's a top shelf RB and deserves every penny. I'm glad he found somebody who's willing/able to pay him as such.

Edited by Voltaire

And going to the team that pays him the most makes him different than what ball player?

1367167[/snapback]

Joe Jurevicious. :D He took less money to go back to his roots. I wish him well in Cle.