[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo Time

Grits and Shins

Gotta stick with Romo from here out.

Everyone has the same gameplan vs Bledsoe now - blitz blitz blitz. It works, plain and simple. I have yet to see Bledsoe make a team pay for blitzing him in a meaningful game. He simply tucks the ball and goes down, or throws an INT. The Philly game was the last straw for me - especially when he totally missed TO for a TD. The O-line blows too, but the QB has to make plays.

Romo has shown me he can avoid the pass rush and buy time, and suddenly TO and Witten become productive. Romo may have made some rookie mistakes, but for the first time in awhile I felt we had a chance to make a comeback. I never get that feeling with Bledsoe at the helm. I'd like to see what a meaningful game would be like with Romo starting.

If nothing else, if Romo plays I'll be sure to play TO and Witten with confidence.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Romo over Bledsoe is idiotic, unless you've given up on the season. It's a move I'd expect from Dennis Green, not Bill Parcells. Bench the O-line before you bench Bledsoe.

Well Dallas, you got your Romo, and you gave up your season. Congrats. After you lose the next 3, you'll agree with me. And I DO know that they're playing Tampa and Houston, and that's exactly my point.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Starting Romo over Bledsoe is idiotic, unless you've given up on the season. It's a move I'd expect from Dennis Green, not Bill Parcells. Bench the O-line before you bench Bledsoe.

Well Dallas, you got your Romo, and you gave up your season. Congrats. After you lose the next 3, you'll agree with me. And I DO know that they're playing Tampa and Houston, and that's exactly my point.

Playing Bledsoe seems idiotic. Don't know if you've watched the games or not, but every time Bledsoe plays a team that rattles him he simply falls apart. He literally throws scared - short arms passes and throws INTs, not to mention takes sacks constantly. Even when he has a chance to do it, he never throws the ball away. He either takes the sack, or forces it into coverage. No way Parcells wins any more games against quality opponents with Bledsoe, so really, whats the difference? Bledsoe has played well against Washington, Tenn, and Houston. Big deal. Against playoff caliber teams he's folded.

I'm not second-guessing Parcells. He's preached about taking care of the ball for weeks now, and Bledsoe hasn't done it. He knows what he has in Romo. Romo wont be the savior this year, but he may be better for the team than Bledsoe. He'll surely make his share of mistakes, but I think he also gives the offense a better chance to make plays.

Playing Bledsoe seems idiotic. Don't know if you've watched the games or not, but every time Bledsoe plays a team that rattles him he simply falls apart. He literally throws scared - short arms passes and throws INTs, not to mention takes sacks constantly. Even when he has a chance to do it, he never throws the ball away. He either takes the sack, or forces it into coverage. No way Parcells wins any more games against quality opponents with Bledsoe, so really, whats the difference? Bledsoe has played well against Washington, Tenn, and Houston. Big deal. Against playoff caliber teams he's folded.

I'm not second-guessing Parcells. He's preached about taking care of the ball for weeks now, and Bledsoe hasn't done it. He knows what he has in Romo. Romo wont be the savior this year, but he may be better for the team than Bledsoe. He'll surely make his share of mistakes, but I think he also gives the offense a better chance to make plays.

Bledsoe's had games when he's played well also. You have that capacity in Bledsoe, not in Romo. You know Bledsoe can't move, so block for him, don't bring in a QB with no experience to solve the problem. My point is, that with Bledsoe at QB, teams knew they had to pressure him. They also knew he could beat them if he got time. Why not figure out a way to protect him instead of changing the QB? With Romo back there, teams can focus on strictly stopping the run against Dallas. Romo won't scare any team with his passing ability. This is also going to kill the fantasy value of every Dallas player, and you can kiss another 100 yard game from Julius out the window.

I just think that by going with Romo you're sending a pretty clear picture to everyone that you've given up on the season.

Tony Romo is a scrambling Drew Bledsoe. He'll throw a ton of stupid interceptions also.

I think they have to go back to Bledsoe one more time...What a nightmare for us Cowboy fans right now. Dallas should have given their #1 pick last year to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. Instead we used that pick for a linebacker who can't even dress for a game...geniuses in that "war room" for Dallas.

I thought Parcells was a coaching god...he has done nothing of note here in Dallas.

I like the move. Bledsoe wasn't getting it done. He played ok against the Houstons of the world, but against any real competition he sucked. He makes stupid decisions, taking sacks he doesn't have to take, and making throws he has no business making. Romo gives the team a chance to win. Last night really wasn't fair to anyone. Throwing Romo in at half, when you are down against a confrence opponent on Monday night football is tough. He made mistakes, but lets be honest, he wasn't put in the best position. I think Romo has a stronger arm than Bledsoe, I know he is more mobile, and he is also very intellegent. Give him a full week of practice and let him start a game at 0-0 before you judge him. I will say this though, Dallas needs to be in the shotgun formation a lot more when passing behind that terrible offensive line. The only time they should pass from under center is if it is play action, they can keep teams honest running some draws out of the gun, with both JJ, and Romo.

If the decision is made to start Romo instead of Bledsoe then the Cowboys have made the decision to suffer the growing pains of a rookie QB, albeit one that has been on the team for more than several years.

Let's be realistic here, we can't really expect Romo to come out and perform like Rivers has ... primarily because Dallas does not have the offensive line SD does. Romo is going to see lots of defense schemes he has not seen in live action and he will make plenty of mistakes ... that is generally what happens with first time NFL QBs.

Having said all that ... if the line can't protect Bledsoe then he is a horrible QB, as we have seen clearly demonstrated this year against the Eagles and the Giants. Of course we knew that about Bledsoe before he came to Dallas --- he gets pocket protection he is good, no pocket protection and he makes way too many deer in the head light mistakes. As long as our O-line sucks and Bledsoe is under center teams are going to pin their ears back and go after Bledsoe.

So in my mind you have to pick your posion here. If the O-Line can't protect Bledsoe than IMO we might as well go with Romo. However, I wouldn't expect Romo to take this team to the playoffs and I fully expect many will be disappointed in how Romo actually performs in the NFL. We might as well see what we got in Romo.

As long as Jones continues to bargain basement shop for QBs and put them behind deficient offensive lines Dallas will continue to struggle.

Bledsoe's had games when he's played well also. You have that capacity in Bledsoe, not in Romo. You know Bledsoe can't move, so block for him, don't bring in a QB with no experience to solve the problem. My point is, that with Bledsoe at QB, teams knew they had to pressure him. They also knew he could beat them if he got time. Why not figure out a way to protect him instead of changing the QB? With Romo back there, teams can focus on strictly stopping the run against Dallas. Romo won't scare any team with his passing ability. This is also going to kill the fantasy value of every Dallas player, and you can kiss another 100 yard game from Julius out the window.

I just think that by going with Romo you're sending a pretty clear picture to everyone that you've given up on the season.

But Bledsoe has played well in no games vs a quality opponent - just the kind of opponent they'd have to face in the playoffs.

I agree the line has to block. Parcells knows this, and he's tried to address that. The Cowboys simply don't have the personnel. What other options do they have? They can keep the TEs and RB in to block, but then your looking at only 2 - 3 WRs for your production. Dallas needs more weapons than that.

I disagree with Romo's passing ability. He had 227 yards passing in one half. He utilized TO and Witten a helluva lot more than Bledsoe ever did, he was accurate, and his release was quicker imo. And like Perch said, that was after getting tossed into a Monday night game against a divisional opponent down 2 scores. I like the fact he drove them down the field and scored right after making a poor play with the INT. I liked the way he avoided the pass rush on several occasions. Give him a week to prepare and lets see what he can do. I even think he can enhance Julius' value. His scrambling ability alone helps keep the defense a bit more honest. Lets face it - you don't have to worry about Bledsoe scrambling. Stack that line and go after the QB or RB. Romo can buy time to make a team pay for blitzing. Bledsoe has proven he cannot.

The Cowboys just as well let Romo play, as they have effectively taken a dump on their whole season. IMO, Bledsoe was doomed to fail. He never had a chance to succeed in this situation, and everyone was just waiting for it the last few games. Plus, you knew what was going to happen after plastic face emerged on the sidelines following Bledsoe's interception. Combine all this with T.O. running around on the sidelines needing more attention than my three year old, and you've got yourself a giant shat storm for the rest of the year. Enjoy.

But forget all that, what's really important is that I lost last night by 2.1 because Bledsoe was pulled. :D

How far was Dallas going to get with the old, immobile, poor decision making Bledsoe at the helm? He sucks and is washed up. Go away already! Sure Romo is raw but the kid can make plays and reminds me of a gun-slinging Brett Favre back in the days. He'll have his ups and downs like any young QB but that offense has more life when he's under center and he can make plays Bledsoe can only dream about.

Let's not also forget to give the G-Men credit. They have been a sacking machine on Defense these last few games and are starting to look like the class of the NFC East. I don't care what kind of QB you are. If it's the 4th qtr. and you're down by 14 points in obvious passing situations, the defense will make you pay eventually more times than not.

WHAT? WHAT?

You mean DAL isn't going to the Super Bowl? Huh? I could have sworn when Parcells was hired that was all I heard on this board :D

Anyway.....I like the move....this team isn't talented enough to do much this year anyway and everyone knows it. Bledsoe reminds me of Elvis Grbac....almost a clone in the pocket.....can get his team down the field and then when he gets in the red zone he falls apart....just looks putrid.....that's why I nicknamed him "Bonehead". Just stupid stupid mistakes. Tell me why you'd try and throw a quick out to Terry shorter than most Glenn and not TO? Just stupid and they deserved to get that pass picked off for not throwing it to TO, sure he might not have caught it :bash: but hey throw the dang ball to your best WR and red zone target....shiatt throw it to Witten...but not Glenn.

It's going to be a long season from here on out cowboy fans.....enjoy it....I know I will :D

Tony Romo is a scrambling Drew Bledsoe. He'll throw a ton of stupid interceptions also.

I think they have to go back to Bledsoe one more time...What a nightmare for us Cowboy fans right now. Dallas should have given their #1 pick last year to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. Instead we used that pick for a linebacker who can't even dress for a game...geniuses in that "war room" for Dallas.

I thought Parcells was a coaching god...he has done nothing of note here in Dallas.

Forget Matt Schaub according to the Vick Haters maybe you could have gotten Vick in a trade. Nah Vick Haters prefer Bledsoe cause he can throw a better spiral.

Edited by Rockerbraves

True dat.

If the cowboys homers thought that Bledsoe's poor decision-making was unacceptable, Romo's going to make him look like Tom Brady. THREE picks in the second half? :D Now that Tuna has thrown Drew under the bus, you have a nasty QB controversey and are stuck with the inexperienced, turnover-prone Romo. Good luck with that.

Edited by Bill Swerski

At any rate, you knew what Drew would get you....nothing. It is time to give Romo the chance to succeed or fail. I thought he showed some positive things last night. Whether Bledsoe or Romo is back there, the Boys are a middle of the road team. So what the hell.

True dat.

If the cowboys homers thought that Bledsoe's poor decision-making was unacceptable, Romo's going to make him look like Tom Brady. THREE picks in the second half? :D Now that Tuna has thrown Drew under the bus, you have a nasty QB controversey and are stuck with the inexperienced, turnover-prone Romo. Good luck with that.

I'll tell you one thing, Parcell's better make up his mind right away and not dick around with this decision too much, because if he's thinking about going with Romo, he better get him practicing with the first team offense sooner rather than later.

At any rate, you knew what Drew would get you....nothing. It is time to give Romo the chance to succeed or fail. I thought he showed some positive things last night. Whether Bledsoe or Romo is back there, the Boys are a middle of the road team. So what the hell.

Funny, cuz after signing TO it was nothign but Superbowl talk.

Funny, cuz after signing TO it was nothign but Superbowl talk.

Back that up Squad. You've never heard that kind of talk from me, I'm actually a realist about this team. They're not going anywhere again as long as Jones owns them. He and Johnson made a deal early on and caught lightning in a bottle. Now, it's all about Jerry's ego, and it's wearing thin--trust me.

You can tell they're losing the fans in Dallas already, they've been getting booed roundly at home for weeks now. They probably welcome this three game road stretch that's coming up.

So, if you can, do some research & see if you can find one post I've made here...EVER...claiming Dallas was going to the Super Bowl (with or without TO).