[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowher to announce retirement

DMD

I always liked Cowher's intensity. Reminded me of Iron Mike. I don't see him on the sidelines long, though for my $$$ he could replace Chris Collings"worthless".

You talking about Chris Collinsworth? One of the very few articulate announcers / analysts in the entire TV world? That Chris Collinsworth? :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You talking about Chris Collinsworth? One of the very few articulate announcers / analysts in the entire TV world? That Chris Collinsworth? :D

Yeah the pencil neck geek, that reminds me of Mike McCaskey and has the worst opinions of what 3 networks!!!???? Who is this guy playing hide the weenie with?

THE JAW will be missed by all steelers fans. definetly represented the city well. not sure i would want to be the next coach in pittsburgh. noll and cowher are going to be hard to live up too. i bet cowher is gone at least 2 yrs maybe more. he might be announcing or something, but he won't be on the sideline until at least 2009 is my guess.

What if Tony Dungy and the Colts go one and out in the playoffs? The Colts might go a different route. Dungy played for the Steelers. Btw, it's a fact that the Minnesota Gophers would hire Dungy in a NY minute if he wanted the job. For some reason he's mentioned that he's not interested in coaching a second rate college team. But the Gophers are ready to throw some money at a promising coach in the near future.

What if Tony Dungy and the Colts go one and out in the playoffs? The Colts might go a different route. Dungy played for the Steelers. Btw, it's a fact that the Minnesota Gophers would hire Dungy in a NY minute if he wanted the job. For some reason he's mentioned that he's not interested in coaching a second rate college team. But the Gophers are ready to throw some money at a promising coach in the near future.

Yes, this time I believe they are. The embarrassment against Texas Tech was the last straw - Bruininks is going to force Maturi to bring the program to where it should be. Dungy would be a great start.

I was really hoping the Titans would totally stink it up this year and that Jeff Fisher would get fed up with it.

But with the way the Titans finished I would say that JF is excited again. Too bad because I think he'd be the perfect fit in Pittsburgh. And he probably would have jumped at the opportunity. Not now though.

Weisenhunt will probably be hired by the Falcons. I hope not as he is my #2 choice.

i really dont know who i want to replace him.. or who i think will.. this has only happened twice in the past 40 years. theres not much to base a prediction on because the current team is good, unlike the other times a new coach was brought in. it is sad to see him go. Cowha Pawer!

:D

Congrats Bill! A true class act. I'm sure the fans of Pittsburgh will miss him as will most of the other NFL cities but I'm all :tup:

:bash: Cowher :clap:

I think Bill Cowher is a phenomenal coach, and will be missed a great deal. He always surrounded himself with great people, which is to his credit. He was great at motivating his team and getting the best out of them. His players respect him across the board, which says a lot.

hard not to respect or like the guy. glad he can step away and enjoy his family :D