[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hall of Fame 2008

piratesownninjas

I'm shocked that Cris Carter wasn't a first ballot Hall of Famer. All this guy did was dominate, and in my mind is in the top 15 wide receivers that I've ever seen play. I watched him torment the Packers for years, I guess they missed a few of those games...

It's nice to see Art Monk finally get in though.

Since it was not posted yet, the inductees are:

Darrell Green

Emmitt Thomas,

Art Monk

Gary Zimmerman

Fred Dean

Andre Tippett

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5508395.html

I couldn't recall all six inductees, but I some how figured you would be here to clean things up.

Clockwork.

I'm shocked that Cris Carter wasn't a first ballot Hall of Famer. All this guy did was dominate, and in my mind is in the top 15 wide receivers that I've ever seen play. I watched him torment the Packers for years, I guess they missed a few of those games...

It's nice to see Art Monk finally get in though.

All he did was score touchdowns. :wacko:

Even as a hard-core Eagles fan, I would like to extend my congrats to Art Monk. That guy was awesome and in my mind his induction is long overdue. :wacko:

+1 Why the non-love all these years? Congrats Art! It will be interesting to hear his HOF speech.

my hat's off to the voters for recognizing some great players who weren't necessarily huge "names". :wacko:

I dunno man, I look at that list and I see 4 no-brainers, one borderline "not gonna argue it" guy (Dean) and one guy who I'm not overly familiar with (Thomas). If those guys are reporters who've been doing their jobs, the only problem should've been whittling it down.

Monk is finally in; sadly, I think he's the last of the 80s/90s WRs who gets in due to the offensive "grade inflation" that has taken place since. Quality players like Henry Ellard, Herman Moore, and Andre Rison probably don't even get a sniff at this point.

Congrats to Art Monk. :D It's about time. I can't make a case against any of the others.

I'm also surprised that Cris Carter didnt' get in. And how about Tags? I thought a former Commish who had been on the job for a while would go in on the first ballot as a courtesy. :wacko:

I wonder if Richard Dent will ever get in.

Edited by Wolverines Fan