[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Super Bowl XLIII Thread

Menudo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to my pit friends.

sorry, but another pit sb victory that leaves you scratching your head about balance and validity by the zebras. not as bad as the last one, but still impacted the game.

meh.....good 4th quarter entertainment! :wacko:

congrats to my pit friends.

sorry, but another pit sb victory that leaves you scratching your head about balance and validity by the zebras. not as bad as the last one, but still impacted the game.

meh.....good 4th quarter entertainment! :wacko:

I'll take the congrats but no way was this game anything like XL. There were some strange calls but unless you were watching this game with Arizona homer glasses on, then you know there was a ton of holding that was never called. The call on the holder was a good call as you are not permitted to run over the holder. Holmes was clearly in bounds as per the 10 replays that they showed.

No way will you Steeler haters, (not you Mike), taint this one for me.

Sixburgh baby!

+1 Insanely bad that the play was not reviewed!

Seriously... Usually the refs are way too overcautious with reviews in the last two minutes and end up reviewing plays they shouldn't. Then in the biggest game of the year they don't bother taking another look to make sure? The Steelers probably still win anyway, but the Cards would have had the ball at the 30 after that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Anything could have happened. About the gayest ending to a SB ever.

We are not talking about the review of the Holmes catch. We are talking about the non-review of the "fumble" by Warner that turned the ball over to the Steelers with 5 seconds to play. It certainly looked like his arm was going forward. Whether or not it would have been reversed, it is absolutely ludricous that the play was not reviewed with 5 seconds left in a 4 point game in the biggest game of the year. My 2 cents.

Seriously... Usually the refs are way too overcautious with reviews in the last two minutes and end up reviewing plays they shouldn't. Then in the biggest game of the year they don't bother taking another look to make sure? The Steelers probably still win anyway, but the Cards would have had the ball at the 30 after that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Anything could have happened. About the gayest ending to a SB ever.

+1

I would have loved to see Warner throw one up to Fitz from the 30

I'll take the congrats but no way was this game anything like XL. There were some strange calls but unless you were watching this game with Arizona homer glasses on, then you know there was a ton of holding that was never called. The call on the holder was a good call as you are not permitted to run over the holder. Holmes was clearly in bounds as per the 10 replays that they showed.

No way will you Steeler haters, (not you Mike), taint this one for me.

Sixburgh baby!

i saw a lot of no-call on az's o-line vs pit's great d. i also saw a lot of no-calls on pit's o-line vs az's D......... to me, the bigger plays came from pit in those scenarios...on top of a large number of actual calls going against az's O..... just tipped the scale heavily in my eyes. again, it's "why the hell are they pulling the flag so much on team X and not Y for the same infractions?" and it happend to go in favor of pit again.

edit: i thought holmes was in for the td...good throw, great catch with 2 feet in.

Edited by Bier Meister

Great entertainment until the end. Was really hoping the Cards could finish on the comeback there. Huge play by James Harrison on the pick 6. But man is that guy ever a tool. Larry Fitzgerald is a MONSTER. The Cards better do everything they can to secure Warner for next year, or they won't be sniffing the playoffs for a while. With him they could make noise again next year.

We are not talking about the review of the Holmes catch. We are talking about the non-review of the "fumble" by Warner that turned the ball over to the Steelers with 5 seconds to play. It certainly looked like his arm was going forward. Whether or not it would have been reversed, it is absolutely ludricous that the play was not reviewed with 5 seconds left in a 4 point game in the biggest game of the year. My 2 cents.

Not a Steeler hater here. Don't really care who won; my bet covered. I have to add 2 cents to the above.

...and the prevent defense blows another hugh game. ARI was all over Big Ben the previous 2 series and they laid back and let Ben and Santonio take it all away.

Congrats to the Steelers - they got it done when it had to be done.

I can never understand teams that do this. I mean every team seems to but how many times do we see a team go down this way?

However, I can honestly say that Big Ben has come back like this a ton of times. I knew they had the time on the clock and I was not shocked at all to see them drive the field. That toss to Washington right before the 2:00 min warning did leave me scratching my head though. That had the Steelers 3rd and 6 to go. There was still time for them to drive. They did not have to rush that play.

Great game Arizona. They played one hell of a game and gave the Steelers everything that they could handle. :wacko: