[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Super Bowl XLIII Thread

Menudo

Have to add - Harrsion was did indeed make a tool of himself in this game - he should have been tossed for that. Is it the 'roids talkin'?

And Kurt Warner is a class act - nice interview.

I was very disapointed in that play. He had one hell of a game under his belt and then that stupid move. I think that is the first time that he has done something that I thought was silly or stupid so I am going to slap his wrist and give him a free pass this one time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal....I was leading both contests in the FFTOC with 8 mins to go since Fitz was held to 12 yards at that point. I was in 1st for the SB and 1st for the overall....then he ends up scoring twice....damn. I was saving him too but stupidly played him against Carolina thinking no way Arizona makes the SB. I ended up 8th for SB and 16th overall....won $325 but wasn't the $4,000 I could have won for both 1st places which I had a shot at with 8 mins to go. Fitz was the main guy I needed not to score to win the SB. I would have won if I would have saved him. Frustrating end to the fantasy season.

Unreal....I was leading both contests in the FFTOC with 8 mins to go since Fitz was held to 12 yards at that point. I was in 1st for the SB and 1st for the overall....then he ends up scoring twice....damn. I was saving him too but stupidly played him against Carolina thinking no way Arizona makes the SB. I ended up 8th for SB and 16th overall....won $325 but wasn't the $4,000 I could have won for both 1st places which I had a shot at with 8 mins to go. Fitz was the main guy I needed not to score to win the SB. I would have won if I would have saved him. Frustrating end to the fantasy season.

Man, somehow my frustration with the officiating has been lifted after reading this post. My thanks to The Muto.

Have to add - Harrsion was did indeed make a tool of himself in this game - he should have been tossed for that. Is it the 'roids talkin'?

And Kurt Warner is a class act - nice interview.

I was very disapointed in that play. He had one hell of a game under his belt and then that stupid move. I think that is the first time that he has done something that I thought was silly or stupid so I am going to slap his wrist and give him a free pass this one time.

Well.....the two holding calls against him in that drive were really personal fouls. They were grabbing his facemask all over the place.

So I can understand him finally losing his cool. Don't condone it.....but I can see where frustration would get to you.

A ton of penalties...on both sides. I was pretty amazed by that. I didn't expect that from either team. But OTHER than that, I thought it was a terrific and fun game to watch! Even if you weren't a true fan of either team.......this was a great game to watch!

I bleed Black and Gold......always have. Hats off to my Steelers.......Sixburgh baybay!! :wacko:

But I really like this Arizona team! Nice game you guys!! Hope to see you there again next year!!

Wow, what a game !!!! I give a ton of credit to the Cardinals. Their fans should be proud. When the Steelers were up by 13, with our defense, I felt real good about our chance. However, the Cardinals showed what they are made of. Amazing job by Ben, Holmes, & the rest of the offense to get it done when it mattered most. This was a great Super Bowl. I'm proud to be a Steeler's fan. I never thought a Super Bowl win was possible for them this year, but, I've never been more happy to be wrong in my life.

Didn't read much of this post, but the officiating is getting ridiculous! Roughing the HOLDER????? :D

Meant nothing in the final, but Come ON!!!!! :wacko: Let them play football.

Didn't read much of this post, but the officiating is getting ridiculous! Roughing the HOLDER????? :D

Meant nothing in the final, but Come ON!!!!! :wacko: Let them play football.

thats why a lot of teams dont aggressively try blocking short field goals because something stupid like that could happen. since it was a short field goal, the kicker is able to get more air under the ball... whereas on a long field goal, the ball trajectory is lower and easier to block. he went barreling through like an idiot and ran straight into the holder. what more do you want?

I am so sick of all the whining crybabies. Bottom line. Zona hung in there and took the lead with over 2:00 left. I did not have a really good feeling at that point. They let the Steelers move all the way down the field for the winning TD. End of story. I'm sorry we had to put some of you Steeler haters through the humility of watching them win another SB. I know most of America, at least the non-Steeler fans were probably rooting for the Cards, as I would have been as well had they not been playing my favorite team. The fact of the matter is that this was one of the better finishes of a SB, regardless of who won. Plain and simple. Yes, I'm happy as sh*t right now as my team did more than I ever thought they would this year. Like Skippy, I predicted no better than 9-7 for Pittsburgh, especially with the brutal schedule they had. Can't some of you just give credit for once in your lives instead of constantly whining like little biatches. It was a great game!!! Zona impressed the hell out of me. But the Steelers did what they had to do on that final drive like they have other times this season.

FWIW, I think as a Steeler fan, this season added about 5 years onto my life. I'm ecstatic the way it ended and now I get to rest. Goodnight, and for those of you who need them, don't forget your Midols before you go to bed.

I have to say that Arizona thoroughly out played the steelers in this game....and gave the game away.

The interception for a TD was at a minimum a 10 point swing...possible 14 point swing. If Arizona scores there, they win 30 to 20. If they kick a field goal, the win 26-20. A fluke play wins it for Pittsburgh.

I am a Steeler fan since childhood....but I wanted Zona to win for sure. The better team tonight was Arizona...in every facet except 100 yard inception TD returns.

I have to say that Arizona thoroughly out played the steelers in this game....and gave the game away.

The interception for a TD was at a minimum a 10 point swing...possible 14 point swing. If Arizona scores there, they win 30 to 20. If they kick a field goal, the win 26-20. A fluke play wins it for Pittsburgh.

I am a Steeler fan since childhood....but I wanted Zona to win for sure. The better team tonight was Arizona...in every facet except 100 yard inception TD returns.

how do you call yourself a steelers fan, but want the cardinals to win? that doesnt even begin to make any sense.

Well.....the two holding calls against him in that drive were really personal fouls. They were grabbing his facemask all over the place.

So I can understand him finally losing his cool. Don't condone it.....but I can see where frustration would get to you.

He's the DPY, he's seen that all season. I was dosappoitned to see a guy that's had such a stellar year do something so stupid - especially with the SB on the line.

:D Great Post.....I know the Cards were wantin to stick with some balance by runnin but it just seemed to me that there was never any sense of urgency till the last 8 minutes when they went to their bread & butter Air game.....wish they would have gone no huddle in the 1st half.....but maybe Madden was right the Steelers took the long ball away........that Harrison int was a back breaker but glad the POS isn't a Cardinal :wacko:

Pitt is a blue collar smash mouth team. They have a few Megan Foxbags on their team as every team does but for the most part they are a hard nosed team of good charecter. It amazes me that the people that cant let go of the Seahwaks game have tagged the Steelers as a team that cant get it done without help from the officials. Its ludicrous. As in any game there were some hairy calls but no game changers IMO and the game was won on the field. The Harrison TD was the BACK BREAKER . The 4th Q was awesome and made it an exciting game. Hats off to both teams. Congrats to Pitt and leading the pack now with 6 SBs.

You do realize that every time you complain about how the fantasy implications of a game cost you untold thousands, a baby Chimera's wings are cut off. I hope you can live with yourself.

how do you call yourself a steelers fan, but want the cardinals to win? that doesnt even begin to make any sense.

I like stories....and the story of the 2008-2009 Arizona Cardinals was a good one. I wanted it to end well for them. But, my affinity for the steelers has faded a bit since I was introduced to the Bears....but, the Steelers are still my 2nd favorite team...I just liked this story.

However, I can honestly say that Big Ben has come back like this a ton of times. I knew they had the time on the clock and I was not shocked at all to see them drive the field. That toss to Washington right before the 2:00 min warning did leave me scratching my head though. That had the Steelers 3rd and 6 to go. There was still time for them to drive. They did not have to rush that play.

Ben is starting to remind me of a famous #7 from the past. And I was raising hell with that rushed play as well Skippy. I actually thought they could still run the ball but rushing that play took the run right out of the plans.

Did anyone else see the replay of Harrison's return today. Antrel Rolle was on the sideline and was right up at the sideline, inches from being on the field. Fitzgerald ran into him, trying to catch-up to Harrison. That slowed Fitz down a bit, and he was the one that tackled Harrison inches too late. Football is a crazy game.

Did anyone else see the replay of Harrison's return today. Antrel Rolle was on the sideline and was right up at the sideline, inches from being on the field. Fitzgerald ran into him, trying to catch-up to Harrison. That slowed Fitz down a bit, and he was the one that tackled Harrison inches too late. Football is a crazy game.

I did see that.

One thing I haven't mentioned so far, being on the defensive from all of the attacks of the conspiracy theorists, as what an awesome game Larry Fitz had. His hustle on the play above not the least of it. He is absolutely amazing, and appears to be quite the class act. I almost felt bad to see his team lose after the effort he gave - his "no, no, no, no" on the sidelines after Santonio's catch was a bit heartbreaking.