[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The eagle has landed...

rajncajn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on whether Childress is still safely attached to the Favre scrotum?

The chick who got Bretts pepper text said Childress has nice eyes

I find it humorous that you think the Saints fans are the bitter one's. I find it even more humorous that Vikings fans act like it would have been a given that they would have won the Superbowl had they made it past the Saints. Bitter? No... Sick of the disrespect. But in the end, we hold the Lombardi. nothing else really matters.

BTW, if you think Saints fans are scared of Brett Favre then you're seriously delusional. Here's what I posted on the Saints board earlier today and what was echoed by all the Saints fans alike.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthr...944#post3225944

Like I said, not a vikings fan by any mean and for the record, I believe they will go into NO and win the opener. Just my opinion as I feel the Vikings are better overall.

I find it humorous that you think the Saints fans are the bitter one's. I find it even more humorous that Vikings fans act like it would have been a given that they would have won the Superbowl had they made it past the Saints. Bitter? No... Sick of the disrespect. But in the end, we hold the Lombardi. nothing else really matters.

BTW, if you think Saints fans are scared of Brett Favre then you're seriously delusional. Here's what I posted on the Saints board earlier today and what was echoed by all the Saints fans alike.

I don't think Saints fans are, or should be scared of Brett Favre. I think they should feel good about their Championship and their team coming into this season. But if you think the Saints are going to make an example (of some sort) of the Vikings in that opener, I DO think you are delusional. The simple fact of the matter is, WITH Brett Favre, the Vikings are a much better football team than without him. They are as good as the Saints if not better. They have motivation and with a bye in Week 3, they can throw everything into the first game.

Harvin back at practice. Favre in the fold. Questions are starting to be answered. I doubt the Saints will have as much go their way as they did last season, and especially as they did in that NFC Championship game. I also think the Vikes will have a much tougher time this season than last with the schedule, and it's conceivable they could start 0-2 in those first two games. I think the Packers are going to be very tough in that division, and might win the division. But I do think the Vikes will win the opener, for several reasons. Should be a great game.

I think the Vikings take a step back, to be honest. Brett Favre will not duplicate last year, so he is due for a letdown. Plus I think the Vikings will have somewhat of a hangover from last year.

I mean, they gave their best shot last year. And still fell short. That leaves a mark.

Oh, and I am considering using the Victory Pants every week against Favre, strictly due to his doushiness.

Edited by Chief Dick

By Kevin Seifert

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- I appreciated two comments Wednesday from Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress.

The first was his apology for having two assistant coaches misrepresent the absence of three key players from Tuesday's practice.

The second was a word of advice for the New Orleans Saints, words that will no doubt come in handy on this blog as we approach the teams' Sept. 9 season opener.

Asked whether he thought quarterback Brett Favre could absorb the kind of pounding he took from the Saints in the NFC Championship Game, Childress said: "He knows there somewhere he's going to get knocked on his keister. That's going to happen. As long as we're doing it in the spirit of the rules, he's all good with it and I'm all good with it. In terms of not doing it that way, hey, everybody talks about hitting the quarterback. Let's just hit him the right way."

Asked then if he thought the Saints unduly punished Favre in that game, Childress said: "In my opinion, yeah."

To be honest, there isn't much to argue here. The Saints were called twice for unsportsmanlike conduct on hits to Favre, and the NFL later admitted there should have been a third. On that play, defensive end Bobby McCray twisted Favre's ankle and pulled him down from behind.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing Childress' complaint won't be enough to curb the Saints' aggression. We'll see soon enough. To be continued.

This comment from the article is pretty funny.

Wow, first you go down to his compound to beg him to come back, then you send three players to plead with him to return while you have your coaches lie about it, then you top it off by asking the defenses of the league to take it easy on him? I am convinced that it is completely out of Chilly's control to maintain an iota of self-respect. Seriously, I'm embarrassed for the guy and I can't even stand him. What a mess.

My guess is all teams will be hitting him this year because this is a copy cat league.

Edited by Randall

For the record Favre has now lost 2 championship games in the last 3 years, one of the reason Ted Thompson didn't plead with him to come back as the Vikings did.

Hopefully this will be his last year if he even gets through it. It seems his body is breaking down even when he isn't hit.

I don't think Saints fans are, or should be scared of Brett Favre. I think they should feel good about their Championship and their team coming into this season. But if you think the Saints are going to make an example (of some sort) of the Vikings in that opener, I DO think you are delusional. The simple fact of the matter is, WITH Brett Favre, the Vikings are a much better football team than without him. They are as good as the Saints if not better. They have motivation and with a bye in Week 3, they can throw everything into the first game.

Harvin back at practice. Favre in the fold. Questions are starting to be answered. I doubt the Saints will have as much go their way as they did last season, and especially as they did in that NFC Championship game. I also think the Vikes will have a much tougher time this season than last with the schedule, and it's conceivable they could start 0-2 in those first two games. I think the Packers are going to be very tough in that division, and might win the division. But I do think the Vikes will win the opener, for several reasons. Should be a great game.

Believe it or not I completely agree. I do think it will be a tough, hard-fought & emotional game for both teams & I wouldn't be surprised if the game came down to no more than a touchdown. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Favre & the Vikings & had the Saints not won I would have been 100% in their corner This year as well... if the Saints don't win I can think of no other team that I would rather see win a Championship. They deserve it and so do their fans. What I said above is much more to me about the Saints getting the credit and respect they deserve more than anything else & to me what quicker, better way to do that then to win the opener in convincing fashion?

This might be totally un-related but I've never seen a QB get as beat up as Archie Manning did while playing in a Vikings uniform. I'm not sure who would be in 2nd place but it probably isn't even Favre. Poor Archie looked like a rag doll back there.

This might be totally un-related but I've never seen a QB get as beat up as Archie Manning did while playing in a Vikings uniform. I'm not sure who would be in 2nd place but it probably isn't even Favre. Poor Archie looked like a rag doll back there.

You shoulda seen him as a Saint. :wacko:

Minnesota Vikings' claim about New Orleans Saints, Brett Favre is cheap shot

Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 6:45 AM

Jeff Duncan, The Times-Picayune Jeff Duncan, The Times-Picayune

So the Minnesota Vikings are calling the New Orleans Saints cheap-shot artists?

The Saints, once widely disparaged as "a finesse team, " are now the Purple People Beaters?

Somewhere Gregg Williams is smiling.

The Saints don't meet the Vikings for another three weeks, and his defense is already between their helmet horns.

In case you missed it amid Favre-apalooza, Vikings Coach Brad Childress and two of his players -- running back Adrian Peterson and defensive end Jared Allen -- accused the Saints of crossing the line with their hits on quarterback Brett Favre during the NFC championship game in January.

Childress told CBSSports.com senior writer Clark Judge that the Saints "orchestrated some things that aren't within our rules."

Peterson accused the Saints, in particular former Viking Darren Sharper, of delivering "dirty shots" on the quarterback.

"My boy, Sharper, I've got so much respect and love for, but there was one (hit) that was so obvious where he came in and hit Brett real late, it got me hot, " Peterson said. "But, yeah, they definitely tried to hurt him. They definitely went out of their way."

Perhaps the Vikings are just planting seeds with officials before the big showdown. Maybe they're just trying to protect their forty-something fire-baller on game night. Perhaps this is nothing more than a little pregame puffery.

But it comes across as sour grapes, or, as Sharper noted, "a little bitterness."

No doubt, Williams is no innocent bystander here. He's revels in tough talk. He fired the first verbal volley earlier in camp when he told USA Today's Jim Corbett, "We have to do better in sending messages to every offense about how physical it's going to be when they play us. Those messages are out there, starting with No. 4 (Favre)."

Allen responded, in kind, by ripping Williams, calling his words "meathead comments."

This week, Allen took it a step further. He accused the Saints of developing a game plan "to take Brett out of the game."

I watched the NFC championship game DVD again last night to refresh my memory. It's the fourth time I've viewed it since Jan. 24. The Saints hit Favre repeatedly and were penalized twice for personal fouls, both involving Favre. Officials whistled Bobby McCray for unnecessary roughness when he hit Favre after a handoff on a reverse. They also penalized Anthony Hargrove for roughing Farve when he drove the quarterback to the turf after he released a pass in the third quarter.

But unless you're wearing purple-colored glasses, the only remotely cheap shot I could see would be McCray's late hit at the end of the reverse handoff. In fact, there were a couple of times Saints defenders had chances to waylay Favre in the pocket, only to pull up or slide by him at the last instant.

Undoubtedly, pounding Favre's 40-year-old body was part of the Saints' game plan. Delivering a few "remember me" shots was unquestionably on the forefront of their minds.

And they successfully executed their mission. Although Favre played heroically, his mistakes down the stretch proved critical. He threw a boneheaded interception in the final minute of regulation when he easily could have scrambled for the yards needed to get his team into field-goal range.

The pass was so bad there were only two rational conclusions to be rendered from it: Farve gambled because he either (a.) physically couldn't run; or (b.) cowardly wouldn't. Either way, the Saints defense had successfully delivered its message.

"Brett stood in there and played a heck of a football game against us despite taking a lot of hits, " Saints quarterback Drew Brees said. "Our defense was hitting him hard. I felt like it was all clean. It happened to be that on one of those hits, he suffered an ankle injury. I don't think our guys did that on purpose."

I asked Brees if he thought the Vikings might try to exact retribution on Sept. 9. He shook it off.

"The fact is when the guy on defense has a chance to take a shot on a quarterback legally, he's going to do it, " Brees said. "If he hits him illegally, he is either going to get a huge fine or a penalty and hurt his team. I don't feel like our guys were cheap-shotting Brett at all. Were we trying to hit him and hit him hard? Yes. Absolutely. I am sure their defensive coaches were telling their defenders the same thing: If you get a shot at Brees, take it. I don't think there was anything dirty about that."

The Vikings had better get used to it. The Saints aren't the only ones who are going to come after Favre and his brittle body this season. The NFL is a merciless league. There are no senior-citizen discounts when you step under center.

There might be "Favre rules" in Eden Prairie, Minn., but they don't apply in New Orleans.

The Saints aren't the only ones who are going to come after Favre and his brittle body this season. The NFL is a merciless league. There are no senior-citizen discounts when you step under center.

"Favre and his brittle body"? Sorry, but when was the last time the dude missed a game?

You can get on him for a lot of things, his ego being #1...but to rail him for his brittle body is a reach.

"Favre and his brittle body"? Sorry, but when was the last time the dude missed a game?

You can get on him for a lot of things, his ego being #1...but to rail him for his brittle body is a reach.

I'm paraphrasing, but he talked in his press conference yesterday about how it is getting harder for him to play through the injuries & pain and it was one of the reasons he was debating coming back. The guy may have played however many games without missing time, but that's certainly not because he wasn't ever injured and at 41 years old & the pounding he has taken over the course of his career you can expect he will have to deal with a few injuries this year as well.

Each time I see an article about how the Saints beat up the poor Vikings QB I tend to get a little more :wacko:

Yes, he got hit in the NFC Championship game. He got hit a lot. It's football, get over it. Jumping Jeebus on a pogo-stick get the hell over it already! All this does is make the Vikings appear to be a team of whiners, and it's not helping that many of our meathead fans follow that same whining like a pack of lemmings over a cliff. The Vikings are not whiners, they aren't crybabies, and they aren't soft. What they are, and always have been are perpetual underachievers and choke artists and dammit I'm proud of 'em! This is a new football season, it's supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who hit who. And I would like Favre to look upon the Vikings as his own team, in a very real and legally binding sense.

You shoulda seen him as a Saint. :wacko:

Thankfully, up until the last few years, no one outside of crawdad country ever had to watch the Saints on TV. First time we saw them getting beat up in 2005, we were all wondering what those flowers on their helmets were.

Each time I see an article about how the Saints beat up the poor Vikings QB I tend to get a little more :wacko:

Yes, he got hit in the NFC Championship game. He got hit a lot. It's football, get over it. Jumping Jeebus on a pogo-stick get the hell over it already! All this does is make the Vikings appear to be a team of whiners, and it's not helping that many of our meathead fans follow that same whining like a pack of lemmings over a cliff. The Vikings are not whiners, they aren't crybabies, and they aren't soft. What they are, and always have been are perpetual underachievers and choke artists and dammit I'm proud of 'em! This is a new football season, it's supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who hit who. And I would like Favre to look upon the Vikings as his own team, in a very real and legally binding sense.

As a (mostly) impartial observer, i thought the Saints crossed the line in that game. They got 2 or 3 late hit calls (i believe) and a couple other plays that should've been called penalties. Their game plan was to knock the crap out of Favre, which is fine to an extent, but it appeared to me that they were doing more than playing football. I don't expect there to be a Saints fan on the planet who will agree with that, but that's how i saw it.

Don't forget that Favre has HUGE tracts of land back in Mississippi.