[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How cool is this....

Living the Dream

My daughter attends a local high school in a east suburb of Dallas. She is a 3 time Competitive Cheer National Champion, and it has basially consumed some part of every week of our life the past 12 years. Anyway, her high school Dance team has been selected along with 2 other schools to perform the half time show at the Super Bowl with the Black Eyed Peas.

This school is nationallhy recognized for cheer and dance, and we thought the girls had a shot at this, especially after performing at halftime at the Cotton Bowl of the LSU/Texas A@M Game. The girls have been working on this routine everyday, from 7-9 each morning, and 4-8 each afternoon and 1-6 on Saturday and Sundays the past few weeks, but it wasnt until yesterday they knew for sure, they would be performing, as several cheer/dance teams were also trying out.

obviously Im very proud of my oldest daughter, but she has no idea how cool this is. I told her the Super Bowl has never been in Dallas before in the 45 years its been around. And she said, so, we would just be performing somewhere else if not the Super Bowl. :wacko: The Football players at her high school are jealous, as they cant even get in the parking lot of the game without an $800 ticket 4 pack, and that is not counting parking fees. And these girls have a seat to the game to boot. hell who am I kidding, Im jealous as hell too. Ive been to a College National Championship game, and I know how cool that is. This has to top that. There are no seat options for parents of any of the performers. Just the Dance/Cheer instructor and her assistant.

Hopefully they will have that technology at the game, Menudo showed us at the AFC Champ game, as Im sure the cameras will mainly be on the acts on stage.