[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Boley just hid that guy in the head with the ball?!

doobwaa

I can promise you that as an NFL player crosses the goal-line for a huge TD on MNF, probably the first of his career, where some bystander is at is the last thing the player is paying attention to.

Dude did you play football in the NFL on Monday Night??? How do you know!! All we know is that he intentionally slung it straight at the kid!! If that was you or your kid, would you think all he was just excited? Do you know what malice is.....ill-will, spite, disregard for one's life....with his background he ought to have learned to "TRY" to control his ill-will/anger....what if the referee was standing there instead of the kid~ would you let him off the hook? Doubt the ref would!

Dude did you play football in the NFL on Monday Night??? How do you know!!

I know because I'm not a moron. Put yourself in his position. You're a professional player doing your JOB and there are 100's of random people all over the sidelines and out of bounds that you are trained to ignore every play every day. You're sprinting down the sideline, the only one anywhere near you is a QB that has to get through a LB to get to you - yeah right - and the goal line is beckoning. It's MNF, you're at home, you're scoring your first TD - and you think this guy is thinking "wow, I better be mindful of where these people are"? You really selling that? We see guys plow over cameramen, guests, benches/tables, reporters, officials, cheerleaders, and so on all the time going out of bounds. If you are focused on your play, it happens too fast to avoid - just like this play did.

I'm not saying what he did was a super-duper act of kindness, and if he realized he did it he should have apologized, but to ostracize the guy for something happening in the speed of the moment in pretty silly.

:wacko:

On what grounds? You do realize that on those field passes in fine print it says something about the League/Club/Player assume no responsibility if you get hurt. Do you think people at baseball games can sue if a line drive hits them square in the head?

And in all honesty, I'm going to give Boley the benefit of the doubt. It's not like the guy throws the ball around enough to be accurate. Probably gassed and excited that he just made a monster play.

I'm going to agree with PON. Saw the play myself and immediately saw the fella get hit. I didn't see Boley apologize at that moment, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen at some point.

Photographers and field personnel get hit all the time and we don't always see an apology. Again, it doesn't mean that one never took place, right?

Dude did you play football in the NFL on Monday Night??? How do you know!! All we know is that he intentionally slung it straight at the kid!! If that was you or your kid, would you think all he was just excited? Do you know what malice is.....ill-will, spite, disregard for one's life....with his background he ought to have learned to "TRY" to control his ill-will/anger....what if the referee was standing there instead of the kid~ would you let him off the hook? Doubt the ref would!

Dude, are you inside Boley's head right now? How do YOU know what he's thinking?

I was laughing my ass off about it then, but if you watch the replay, it does look like he's looking directly at the guy when he throws it, not one of those ones where it goes off-target... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but it I don't know how he didn't see that he was throwing the ball directly in the face of someone less than 10 feet in front of him, heat of the moment or not.

JMO, but watch the replays on youtube...

Dude, are you inside Boley's head right now? How do YOU know what he's thinking?

He was what, 15' away at best and looking straight at him. It's not like he couldn't see the guy or the other two guys standing right next to him for that matter. Maybe the ball slipped, maybe he didn't actually mean to throw it or whatever, but it sure didn't look like it and there's no way that he didn't see it hit him and he sure didn't go over to see if the guy was even ok. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

Oh he deifinitely meant to hit him- as a matter of fact he was going to go more to the right, but then he saw that kid.

That kid made a funny face at Boley during warm-ups and then laughed about it with the other interns.

The waterboy told the equipment manager about it, who passed it on to the Linebackers coach.

When the coach told Boley - in front of Justin Tuck- Boley got embarassed and swore revenge.

Oh yeah, that kid won't be making any more faces at players.....

He also threw it like a left handed person throwing with his right hand. Could I say it was a bit "girlish"?

Looked pretty weak, but I don't see any reason why he would drill that guy on purpose....

He also threw it like a left handed person throwing with his right hand. Could I say it was a bit "girlish"?

Looked pretty weak, but I don't see any reason why he would drill that guy on purpose....

Same reason why players bowl over referees or people on the sideline when they can obviously avoid them or at least lessen the blow... because they can get away with it.

Oh he deifinitely meant to hit him- as a matter of fact he was going to go more to the right, but then he saw that kid.

That kid made a funny face at Boley during warm-ups and then laughed about it with the other interns.

The waterboy told the equipment manager about it, who passed it on to the Linebackers coach.

When the coach told Boley - in front of Justin Tuck- Boley got embarassed and swore revenge.

Oh yeah, that kid won't be making any more faces at players.....

Man, if this is the true story it makes it funnier.

This makes the Clemens bat throwing at Piazza in thwe world series seem like badmiton, doesn't it?

Boley should be tarred and feathered. He clearly had targeted this guy when he was still on the 20 yard line. He made a bee line for him. Knew he was gonna bounce a football off his head from the get go.

As a side note, I notice that the Packers target good looking women in the stands when they do the leap.

This sort of stuff has to stop I tell ya... it's bad for the game.

Man, if this is the true story it makes it funnier.

I know its bad but when I first watched the video (didn't catch it when watching the game live) I laughed out loud. I think some people are making too much out of this. No harm no foul.

This makes the Clemens bat throwing at Piazza in thwe world series seem like badmiton, doesn't it?

Boley should be tarred and feathered. He clearly had targeted this guy when he was still on the 20 yard line. He made a bee line for him. Knew he was gonna bounce a football off his head from the get go.

As a side note, I notice that the Packers target good looking women in the stands when they do the leap.

This sort of stuff has to stop I tell ya... it's bad for the game.

Ummm, have you seen the women in Packer country? :wacko: