[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowlers

Infinity

So, 36 TDs, 14 INTs, and 4600 yards doesn't get you onto the Pro Bowl roster even as an alternate? I just read that Cam Newton is the alternate making him the 4th QB for the Pro Bowl.

The Lions go 10-5 and ONE player makes the Pro Bowl. No Stafford, Avril, Tulloch or Jason Hanson? I know Hanson gets snubbed every year, but it would be nice for the team to get a little respect.

IMO who actually plays in the game is irrelevant (in fact the game shouldn't even be played). However, who is voted is recoginition of the season they've had and Stafford should absolutely be recognized this year. 9 or 10 of his 14 picks happened in the 3 games he wore that glove due to injury. He'll have plenty of opportunities as he is still on 23 years old. Unbelievable.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody thinks Fitzgerald is a little iffy too ?

5th in yards (1262), tied for 4th in tds, tied for 9th in rec, tied for 7th in avg 17.8, 4th in 1st downs with 55, 6th in Yards per game. All this with Kolb and Skelton throwing him the ball.

Edited by Seahawk

Rivers has 1200 more yards than Dalton so I think he is still more deserving. Not a great year for AFC QB's.

This is how Rivers got in. Other than Brady the NFC QB's were pretty underwhelming.

All this with Kolb and Skelton throwing him the ball.

This.

It's like how Aaron Rodgers makes every receiver in GB look like a super star, or how Tom Brady made Julian Edelman look awesome for a few weeks or how Manning made Blair White a pickup last season in FF. Just as much as it matters who is throwing you the ball, also need to factor in who isn't.

So, 36 TDs, 14 INTs, and 4600 yards doesn't get you onto the Pro Bowl roster even as an alternate? I just read that Cam Newton is the alternate making him the 4th QB for the Pro Bowl.

The Lions go 10-5 and ONE player makes the Pro Bowl. No Stafford, Avril, Tulloch or Jason Hanson? I know Hanson gets snubbed every year, but it would be nice for the team to get a little respect.

Agreed, more than CJ should have been given consideration, Stafford and Hanson would be very deserving. Avril was playing lights out. Hope Cj turns it down and we advance in the playoffs.

:wacko: Sheet, I think Big Ben getting in was more ridiculous than Rivers. He only had three big games, really. I count Rivers with six. Big Ben got in on name value.

Second in completion percentage (Brady)

3rd In Yards (Brady, Rivers) * With 103 less passes than Brady & 83 less than Rivers

3rd in QB Rating (Brady, Schaub)

I don't think any AFC QB other than Brady had great years, but, Ben didn't just make it on "name recognition" His stats say he should be there, and they are 11-4 as well. As the Niners game showed, they are not even close to the same offense when he isn't healthy.

5th in yards (1262), tied for 4th in tds, tied for 9th in rec, tied for 7th in avg 17.8, 4th in 1st downs with 55, 6th in Yards per game. All this with Kolb and Skelton throwing him the ball.

Victor Cruz had more yards ,more receptions , same amount of tds, and a better average (average was just better by a fraction)

I'm Steve,

I was a Charles Woodson hater

Michigan

Salary the Raiders gave'm

Don't know what else

When they shipped'm to GreenBay i thought good go away and freeze yer ass

The guy is an incredible playmaker, gets in on everything and is 2nd ta Rodgers for TV time during every Pack game.

Was he this good at Oakland

I was wrong about the guy, he's out there earnin his tacos :wacko:

The time to sh*tcan the fullback is long overdue. :wacko:

I disagree and think that true FBs have a place in the pro-bowl. Ray Rice has made several comments about how Leetch has made a huge impact on the way that the offense is run. Arian Foster has made similar comments in the past. While not every team uses a FB in their scheme, some of these guys deserve to be recognized the same way that other players do.

Ray Ray got in on name value

:wacko:

Kind of ironic that you said "I'm no Rivers apologist", but there weren't more deserving QBs in the AFC.... Who is more deserving at RB then? As I go down the list of AFC rushing leaders, you got Matthews, Bush, McGahee, Greene, Chris Johnson... Maybe you could make the case for Fred Jackson if he played more than 10 games, but Rice had almost 1,200 rushing yards, 13 TDs and 74 receptions for another 700, bringing him to ~1,900 total yards. It's even more amazing he did that well and was pretty consistent with the Ravens O underutilizing him and being just flat out pitiful as a unit at times (which was on Flacco, not Rice).

Edited by delusions of granduer

I disagree and think that true FBs have a place in the pro-bowl. Ray Rice has made several comments about how Leetch has made a huge impact on the way that the offense is run. Arian Foster has made similar comments in the past. While not every team uses a FB in their scheme, some of these guys deserve to be recognized the same way that other players do.

That's ridiculous. FBs are part time players, even on the teams that use them, which aren't many. If the position is so valuable (even setting aside that most teams do not use one to a significant degree), why cant even the best FBs in the game hold a job with a team for any length of time. (see Neal, Lorenzo)

And what do you expect Foster and Rice to say - Leach was worthless? I've still haven't seen any demonstrable evidence that any particular FB made a difference to any particular running back.

What's wrong with this picture? Both of these players were elected to play in the Pro Bowl at the same position:

Player #1

ATT YDS AVG TD REC YDS AVG TD28  73  2.6 4  13  67  5.2  2

He is ranked as the 64th leading rusher in the NFC, one slot ahead of Chester Taylor.

Player #2

ATT YDS AVG TD REC YDS AVG  TD 11  34  3.1  0  14  62 4.4  0

I didn't even bother to check where he ranks.

No wait, I know. These guys must be "road graders", paving the way for awesome ground games.

Player #1's team is 13th in rushing yards in the NFC, 27th in the NFL.

Player #2's team is 8th in rushing yards in the AFC, 14th in the NFL.

What's next, nickel cornerback? At least every team uses one.

:wacko:

Kind of ironic that you said "I'm no Rivers apologist", but there weren't more deserving QBs in the AFC.... Who is more deserving at RB then? As I go down the list of AFC rushing leaders, you got Matthews, Bush, McGahee, Greene, Chris Johnson... Maybe you could make the case for Fred Jackson if he played more than 10 games, but Rice had almost 1,200 rushing yards, 13 TDs and 74 receptions for another 700, bringing him to ~1,900 total yards. It's even more amazing he did that well and was pretty consistent with the Ravens O underutilizing him and being just flat out pitiful as a unit at times (which was on Flacco, not Rice).

Here's a clue for ya, Ray Ray is Ray Lewis

I'm Steve,

I was a Charles Woodson hater

Michigan

Salary the Raiders gave'm

Don't know what else

When they shipped'm to GreenBay i thought good go away and freeze yer ass

The guy is an incredible playmaker, gets in on everything and is 2nd ta Rodgers for TV time during every Pack game.

Was he this good at Oakland

I was wrong about the guy, he's out there earnin his tacos :wacko:

He was cut by the Raiders and the Packers were the only team interested in him.

Here's a clue for ya, Ray Ray is Ray Lewis

:wacko: Guess it's true that people only tend to read parts of words, cuz I totally read that as Ray Rice....

In that case I agree. I'm not too up on what defensive players in particular were most deserving, but looking at the list, it does look like quite a few got the nod because of name recognition.

(ETA: I think Sean Weatherspoon was the most deserving from the Falcons, other than Tony G, but that's quite a group of NFC linebackers for both OLBs and MLBs to jump.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

I would like to applaud Charles Tillman for making his first Pro Bowl. Playing on a team that has struggled with consistency every year he's been with the team, he deserves this. He lines up against the best the other team has...is one of the few CB's in the league that can and has shut down a Calvin Johnson type...and that he has finally made it, gets a big :wacko: from me.

The mere fact that he's a better person off the field than he is on the field is also something most people don't know. His daughter has been afflicted with a rare disorder and his work to help raise awareness and money is amazing.

Congratulations Peanut!!

Edited by gilthorp

+1

I love seeing guys who are unsung heroes getting their respect.

I love seeing guys who are unsung heroes getting their respect.

A part time medicore running back, who seldom blocks for anyone, and a part time blocker for a fairly pedestrian running attack who lines up in the backfield.

Picked from a handful of guys.

The term hero is subject to interpretation, I suppose.

A part time medicore running back, who seldom blocks for anyone, and a part time blocker for a fairly pedestrian running attack who lines up in the backfield.

Picked from a handful of guys.

The term hero is subject to interpretation, I suppose.

Vonte Leach, without a doubt was the #1 FB in the AFC. Hell he was the #1 FB in the NFL. Kuhn??? That pick is a joke. Ever hear of a guy named Jed Collins? He has a +7.1 run blocking rating (the highest in the NFL, Leach was 2nd with =7.0) and a +6.1 in pass defense. Kuhn?? -2.7/-1.4. Laughable.

Edited by tazinib1

Vonta Leach is 100% deserving of going to the Pro Bowl, just as he was last year. Last year, Foster sung huge praises for him and was on record as being upset by his departure. Rice noted the difference he made on the Ravens this year.

Edited by nelsosi

They should have found a way to get Lynch in there. Much better numbers than Peterson and Forte.

Chancellor was deserving, but since the Hawks got Earl Thomas in there, I can see the omission. Red Bryant should be there. Browner is deserving, but nobody's heard of him and he gets penalized. THere aren't 5 better corners in the NFC though. Seahawks have like 5 guys that are alternates. They should have had more than one guy make the team. That defense was good enough to deserve more.

Vonta Leach is 100% deserving of going to the Pro Bowl, just as he was last year. Last year, Foster sung huge praises for him and was on record as being upset by his departure. Rice noted the difference he made on the Ravens this year.

I made a post about Leach when he went to Baltimore but I can't find it. Big John????