[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pet friggin peeves!

dmarc117

One of mine is when someone asks me where I'd like to have lunch or dinner (if we're dining out). I will normally say, let's have Chinese. The answer always comes back, "I don't like Chinese". If I say Wendy's, "I don't like Wendy's". It's uncanny. If I say okay, you decide, I get, "I don't care, whatever you want". THEN WHY ASK ME!?!?!? :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things that drive me crazy insane:

Indiana drivers are braindead, period. When in a left turn situation, they always, ALWAYS cross over both lanes and turn into the farthest lane, cutting into you if your facing them and turning right. I don't think they install turn signals on cars sold there either. Why, for the love of God, why do that? :D

Potential clients that ask me what type of software we use to build brochures or websites so they can "do it themselves", then ask me if i can show them how to "do graphic design".

Girls that are in clothes to tight for their spillage over the waistband, or as we call it "the muffin top".

Jerks who throw crap out of their cars; butts, garbage, anything. I've even seen diapers go out the window.

Nextel phone users who insist on having the direct-connect conversation so every one in the darn county can hear it. I use one. It has a button that you can push to have a private conversation. Its not that hard to do.

Anyone that plays golf but doesn't know the rules and forces me to have a 6-1/2 hr round that should take no more than 4-1/2 hrs to loop. Learn some golf etiquette and let faster groups play through. Also, fix a divot or ball mark once in a while.

Pre-Game NFL commentators that feel they have to scream over each other to get their points across. ie, Sharpe, Sanders, Irvin, etc.

My wife squeezes the toothpaste from the middle. I fail to see the logic in that. :D

People that drive around with kids in the car that aren't in child seats or buckled in. They should be arrested. :D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

1.  It drives me crazy when I see people throw their cigarette out the window of their car.  Would those same people throw their burger wrapper out the window?  Or their junk mail after stopping at the mailbox?  No.  Or maybe I am wrong...maybe these people would.

1301667[/snapback]

Can I get an Amen brother my obsession. That pisses me off so much it's unreal. When me and the skank were out in Maui on our Honeymoon, there were these main landers all over the island flicking cigarette butts out the window. That really pissed me off. I mean, it's one thing to trash our own country because well, it's so filthy that one of our rivers caught on fire. but it's a totally different thing to trash a tropical island.

No wonder the hawaiians hate us. That and we stole their land from them.

A buddy of mine got pulled over one day and fined $1000 for littering because he flicked his butt out the window. I thought, justice.

Jerks who throw crap out of their cars; butts, garbage, anything. I've even seen diapers go out the window.

1301953[/snapback]

Nasty story disclaimer:

I was in Dayton, Ohio when the girl in the passenger seat in the car ahead of us puts one of her feet out the window. The next thing I know, she throws something out the window. A used female sanitary product bounces over my windshield.

Edited by CaptainHook

I was in Cancun at an ecological park called Xelha. As we are leaving we hear this strange music. 4 guys are sitting on top of a decorated pole probably 40 feet in the air playing instruments. That's all I'd gathered when a local shoves a hat in my face demanding a tip. I say, "hold on, I don't even know what is going on yet." I don't even know if the tipster is with them. There are probably 30 people standing there, but this guy singles me out. "Tip the guys" he keeps saying. At that point I'm pissed and tell him to beat it. He just blew a tip those guys would have received from me if he hadn't been a complete ass. Pushy people never get tips.

The person in front of you in the supermarket line that has about $200 worth of groceries but are complaining about being over-charged $0.25. Last time I gave the lady the change and asked if we could move on now. She said that wasn't the point. So I said, well then what was the point, you got your pennies now stop holding up the line. I thought the guy behind me was going to piss his pants. Note: I am a little more patient with the elderly.

Oh yeah, and friggin POP-UPS!!!! :D

Edited by ebartender

I was in Cancun at an ecological park called Xelha.  As we are leaving we hear this strange music.  4 guys are sitting on top of a decorated pole probably 40 feet in the air playing instruments.  That's all I'd gathered when a local shoves a hat in my face demanding a tip.  I say, "hold on, I don't even know what is going on yet."  I don't even know if the tipster is with them.  There are probably 30 people standing there, but this guy singles me out.  "Tip the guys" he keeps saying.  At that point I'm pissed and tell him to beat it.  He just blew a tip those guys would have received from me if he hadn't been a complete ass.  Pushy people never get tips.

1302175[/snapback]

I've been to Xel-Ha ... don't remember this, but then again, I was nursing a hangover and sleeping on a hammock all day.

Mexico's wierd. We all know how poor the country is. You go anywhere in Mexico and it's the same thing. Begging for you to buy candy/gum, bracelets, etc. Just part of the deal there. :D Unfortunate, really.

I've been to Xel-Ha ... don't remember this, but then again, I was nursing a hangover and sleeping on a hammock all day.

Mexico's wierd.  We all know how poor the country is.  You go anywhere in Mexico and it's the same thing.  Begging for you to buy candy/gum, bracelets, etc.  Just part of the deal there.  :D  Unfortunate, really.

1302204[/snapback]

Yeah, I know the drill there. I tipped the guys in costume on the way in who were in authentic garb. My son got his picture taken with them. But this guy was on me before I had a chance to even know what was going on. And he decided to pester me until I did. I had no idea what they were about to do is "worth" for a tip, as I hadn't even seen it yet. No tip from me.

My pet peeves are very related to eating as well as a lot of the ones you guys mentioned.

People who talk with their mouths full.

Noisy eaters drive me insane. I used to work next to this old man that smacked his lips and slobbered on chocolate all day. I used to want to cave in his windpipe.

People who crack their gum and chew gum really loud and obnoxious.

People who chew in my ear when im on the phone with them.

A hugh one I have at my house is my wife always has the door locked..I know in principal thats not bad all the time but when I get home from work and she is home I hate fumbling for my keys and sometimes I just run out to the store for us really quick and in the 10 minutes im gone she locks the door..When I have my hands full with groceries and that doors locked I see red.

A hugh one I have at my house is my wife always has the door locked..I know in principal thats not bad all the time but when I get home from work and she is home I hate fumbling for my keys and sometimes I just run out to the store for us really quick and in the 10 minutes im gone she locks the door..When I have my hands full with groceries and that doors locked I see red.

1302221[/snapback]

Happens to me about 5 nights a week. :D

2.  people that do not wash their hands after crappin or pissin

1300954[/snapback]

I wash my hands BEFORE I piss. Anyone that needs to wash their hands AFTER they piss either has a dirty pecker or needs to stop pissing on their hands. I keep my junk clean. don't know about you nasty fers.

I wash my hands BEFORE I piss.  Anyone that needs to wash their hands AFTER they piss either has a dirty pecker or needs to stop pissing on their hands.  I keep my junk clean.  don't know about you nasty fers.

1302242[/snapback]

regardless if my wanker is clean or dirty...would u want to shake my hand after ive handled it?

Edited by dmarc117

1302221[/snapback]

Happens to me all the time, but I figure its better for them to be safe than me be sorry.

:D Maybe the Mrs. is trying to tell you something...

:D:D

1302230[/snapback]

:D

Happens to me all the time, but I figure its better for them to be safe than me be sorry.

1302249[/snapback]

I hear ya, but usually it's after she sends me to the restaurant or store and my hands are full and it's 15 degrees out. Plus I have two keys that are identical and invariably I choose the wrong one first. :D

how about people who park their big-ass truck/SUV in a compact space and leave you about 6 inches to get into your car.  that one earns the biggest loogie i can summon splattered on their side window.

1301885[/snapback]

How about those who park their pregnant roller-skate size cars in a normal space when there plenty of "compact only" spaces available? I see this in MN all the time.

Screw them, a Ford Ranger is a compact pickup. They want to take up a full space for a compact car, I take a compact space for my truck.

I also agree with the tossing garbage out the car window. :D Times like that I wish I had the twin mounted machine guns on my truck.

People who declare ever single friggin' political motivation is "for the children", and you must agree with them or you hate children.

And a really big one of mine........................

When I'm walking down a trail while grouse hunting and some moran just rips right by me with his 4-wheeler. :D