[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Ok, so I'm a semi-newbie. I was around here some last year, probably did more lurking than posting...

WHO: Bring Back Pat!!! (Old-School Patriots logo. Used to be the avatar, but when you find confirmation of what Simpson's fans have long suspected, you gotta go with it) Life-long Pats fan, also a Skins fan.

WHAT: Kitchen Designer by, well....I get paid for doing it, but always seem to have FF on the brain.

WHEN: Soon to be 29

WHERE: Manch-Vegas, NH. Cause when the lights go down, the freaks come out.

WHY: As if any of us can answer that!!  Cause I'm a slow white guy that can't play the game.  Cause I don't have enough money to buy a real franchise.  Cause I can't inagine watching football on Sunday's without it.  But most of all, because I'm addicted. 

BIO: Play two locals, one a dynasty entering year 16, the other a re-draft I'm playing for the 2nd. Play three leagues at ESPN, re-drafts, for between 2-4 years each. And any other leagues that come around....

805960[/snapback]

Sweet avatar!

WHO: Chargerz (you can figure out why)

WHAT: doctor (Ob-Gyn)

WHEN: 54 years old

WHERE: San Diego (where else?)

WHY: Since my playing days in high school, I have LOVED football.

BIO: I've been in one FF league for 7 years, Huddler for 3, boards since a year ago, commissioner of my FF league and reigning champ.

358173[/snapback]

I can't be the only one that finds your avy and occupation a little disturbing :D

or is it :D

regardless, it's :D

I can't be the only one that finds your avy and occupation a little disturbing  :D

or is it  :D

regardless, it's  :D

807431[/snapback]

Leave our Doc. alone! he's an OBGYN and knows his way around the southern regions. It's a flower avi. No DR. would put up anythingelse. :convincinggraemlin: :D

• 5 weeks later...

THIS was where I was supposed to post?! OOPS.

Here goes, anyways.

WHO:ATL|Falc0n, your normal Atlanta Falcon, Michael Vick freak. I also am obsessed with Unreal Tournament (pc game :D )

WHAT:Student by day, Unreal freak by night...all night.

WHERE: Ummm...-looks at map- Where do I live?

WHEN: 13. -waits for snickers-

WHY: Ummm...beacuse I play FF, why else?

FF Bio: I've played for 2 years; our league is 6 teams, two person teams; NOT A FREE LEAGUE.

23 team rosters, consisting of:

2 QB

3 RB

4 WR

1 TE or Rookie (possible flex)

1 Flex player (RB or WR)

2 K

2 DT

Weekly teams consist of:

1 QB

3 RB

4 WR

1 Flex

1 TE or Rookie

1 K

1 DT

Ummm...trades are worth $3.

Draft goes serpentine style, draw out of a hat for positions.

I have no clue what it's called, but in the league you start anew each year.

-Falc

Edited by ATL|Falc0n

WHO: devilwoman, also known by some as the She-Devil or DW.

WHAT: Work for an oil service company on the North Slope of Alaska

WHEN: Born August of 62. Yeah that makes me almost 43. :D

WHERE: Washington State Southeastern corner/ Now living in Alaska>forgot to add that: edit

WHY: I have loved football ever since my mom and I began watching it when I was 7 or 8 years old. Every Sunday we would watch a game and bet a quarter. I loved the Seahawks about that time, and she would always bet against me...explains my love hate relationship with the Seahawks. I took a break for about 6-7 years from football after my mom past on. Just couldn't watch it anymore...just didn't mean the same. Then about 8 years ago some friends introduced me to FF. It put that spark back into the game again and now I can watch it and fully enjoy it. At the beginning of each season I hold up a cold one in honor of my mom :D She was the greatest mom, I miss her still. :D

Edited by devilwoman

:D:D

Seriously that was a nice story. I felt the same way about baseball when my dad passed away. However, now I realize our nation's real pasttime is football and baseball isn't even a close 2nd. I'm gonna have a few cold ones this afternoon and will give a :D to your mom and my dad.

:D  :D

Seriously that was a nice story.  I felt the same way about baseball when my dad passed away.  However, now I realize our nation's real pasttime is football and baseball isn't even a close 2nd.  I'm gonna have a few cold ones this afternoon and will give a  :D  to your mom and my dad.

837747[/snapback]

Thanks major, I know she'd appreicate it...she did like her beer!!

Who: Mike, aka bigmike4969

What: FAA S/W Test engineer

Where: South Jersey, outside of Atlantic City

When: 36 and counting

Why: I need some sort of structure in my life...fantasy football provides me that.

FF Bio: Been playing FF for about 10 years. Been to two superbowls, and won my first one last year. Been on the huddle for the past four years or so (under a different name until last year), but was more of a lurker and did not post much. Hope to change that this year.

Affiliations: Eagles, Phillies, Sixers.

Other interests: Poker, horse racing, and playing Xbox (halo2/doom3/nfl 2k5 are my faves)

Edited by bigmike4969

Other interests: Poker, horse racing, and playing Xbox (halo2/doom3/nfl 2k5 are my faves)

838234[/snapback]

Mike,

Head over to the tailgate forum sometimes. We play poker regularly on private tables. Sometimes for free, other times for small amounts of cash (usually Friday around midnight EST.)

Packers

Restaurant manager & webstore owner

Wisconsin

I've managed about 50 FF teams in 6 years of playing. My 1st year playing I was layed off of work during football season and managed near 20 of them. I'm a member of 1 other sports forum right now, I'm really going to enjoy this totally football here. See you on the boards :)

Packers

Wisconsin

I've managed about 50 FF teams in 6 years of playing. My 1st year playing I was layed off of work during football season and managed near 20 of them. I'm a member of 1 other sports forum right now, I'm really going to enjoy this totally football here. See you on the boards :D

838377[/snapback]

20 teams at once. were all of these pay leagues, and for how much?

20 teams at once. were all of these pay leagues, and for how much?

838455[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D Just how much money COULD you lose?!?!

Packers

Wisconsin

I've managed about 50 FF teams in 6 years of playing. My 1st year playing I was layed off of work during football season and managed near 20 of them. I'm a member of 1 other sports forum right now, I'm really going to enjoy this totally football here. See you on the boards :D

838377[/snapback]

great onother phucken cheesehead :D:D:D

Who:  Pron Man aka Bubba

What:  Sports Shrink

Where:  Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

When: 32

Why: Love football, ladies, pron, and barbeque, in the order

Affiliations:  Opus Dei, NFL, psych.org

839265[/snapback]

grate anuther phuken opus day. :D:D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

This post has been around for 2 years and I've never seen it? Geez, I need to pay better attention.

Who: Dr. Rock

What: Video on Demand.. aspiring rock star with the bass.

When: 23

Where: 17 years in NJ, last 6 in Boston

Why: Because in preseason 1999, Trent Green blew out his knee and I had to find out just what the heck a 'Kurt Warner' was, and ended up at the Huddle, several usernames ago. Including ones that I had forgotten but somehow Chief Dick didn't.

Holy crap, that was 6 years ago? Wow.

Who: Keys Myaths, the only Texans fan in Missouri.

What: MBA Student at Mizzou, former television anchor/reporter

When: 22 years old.

Where: Columbia, Missouri; originally from Houston, TX

Why: I've read the boards for quite a while, decided to join up. I finally have some time now that I'm back in school and not at my other job. And what better place for a first post?

Fantasy Bio: Playing FF for 4 years, Fantasy Baseball for 13. Got started when I won my father's office pool when I was 9. Now, I'm older, and have won 5 times in baseball since, and once in football. I have good fantasy skills, I just need to improve the football side.