[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gulf-coasters, this don't look good

wiegie

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear from rajnc?

We just got home this evening. We decided to spend the day at the beach while we were there, so we got back kinda late. I would have posted more from the hotel, but my internet connection was horrible. :wacko: The first thing I did when I got home was hook up the PC. :D

Everything is well here. No water this time, just lots of leaves & small branches to clean up. Other than that everything turned out pretty well. As Tbimm said, thank you all very much for the prayers & good vibes. :D

Hey, I am typing from my blackberry. Still no power and it is hot and muggy. Gas is hard to find. Generator is running tv and fans, fridge (down to 2 beers) :wacko:

And freezer box. My boy is bored and being bad. I checked on my old house and we had one tree down. From my new house to old one, I counted 32 trees down with 5 in or through houses. This storm slaughterd all parishes near east baton rouge. Ascension was totally without power. I can't read the threads but thanks for the prayers.

Hey, I am typing from my blackberry. Still no power and it is hot and muggy. Gas is hard to find. Generator is running tv and fans, fridge (down to 2 beers) :D

And freezer box. My boy is bored and being bad. I checked on my old house and we had one tree down. From my new house to old one, I counted 32 trees down with 5 in or through houses. This storm slaughterd all parishes near east baton rouge. Ascension was totally without power. I can't read the threads but thanks for the prayers.

:wacko: Dang Son....how could you go through 6 cases in 6 days......never mind......or did ya start with a 6 ringer ya Steiner :D

We just got home this evening. We decided to spend the day at the beach while we were there, so we got back kinda late. I would have posted more from the hotel, but my internet connection was horrible. :D The first thing I did when I got home was hook up the PC. :D

Everything is well here. No water this time, just lots of leaves & small branches to clean up. Other than that everything turned out pretty well. As Tbimm said, thank you all very much for the prayers & good vibes. :D

Wow.....that's great, Rajn! :D

Hey, I am typing from my blackberry. Still no power and it is hot and muggy. Gas is hard to find. Generator is running tv and fans, fridge (down to 2 beers) :wacko:

OK....time to assess the damage for Balla.....see what his insurance person says. Then maybe help pick up the slack. :D

Down to 2 beers? Yikes......lol.

And let's find out how BFD faired as well! Other than the ripping his shirt off and howling at the wind thing. :D

Has Slayer checked in? He did during the storm......anything after?

Hey, I am typing from my blackberry. Still no power and it is hot and muggy. Gas is hard to find. Generator is running tv and fans, fridge (down to 2 beers) :D

Hey bro glad to hear everything is alright... considering how bad it coulda been.

Wife's mom/stepdad (as you know, in Ascension) are supposedly without power for 3-6 WEEKS! :wacko: That's gotta be some mis-information, no? Well, if it's not, they are going to come out to Austin 'cuz they're running out of gas for their generator.

Keep us posted.

Damages, I am going to have state farm (aka snake farm) come out and adjust, but because it was hurricane damage our deductible is 4500. That is a current problem as we have to pay 5000 in closing on the house we are selling besides cut limbs dangling over the old house and other misc supplies. We lost shingles so we probably should get a new roof, the tree limbs (massive 40' , 10" diameter) that hit the corner of the master bath room ripped off shingles and facer boards. The bastard limb even stabbed the ground and cut my cable line...basically the damage is mostly cosmetic as best as I can tell.

It exposed the ply wood. I staple gunned a tarp to minimize water damage. One day, in the next few days if not weeks I will post pics of the damage. I was able to read the posts now and I appreciate the consideration for help but I don't have anything near what rajn had! We are struggling with the situation but are fine. Like darin said I am right by ascension and likely won't have power for days if not weeks. Lines to get gas are 4 to 6 hours. I am typing from the berry again. Thanks for the calls too. It makes me feel good to hear a huddlers voice, thanks alchico!

If it is okay, commishes in 4983, doh!, primetime, and mshb, please set my lineup for me. I am going to try and listen to the game on the radio tonight.

Take care...

Balla

Lost the TV. picture and sound come on for a sec the goes black and silent.

Ever since I lost two TVs to the same lightning strike, even though they were both on surge protectors, I've been so paranoid that I unplug them completely, cable included, when a storm passes.

Edited by SuperCharger

Ever since I lost two TVs to the same lightning strike, even though they were both on surge protectors, I've been so paranoid that I unplug them completely, cable included, when a storm passes.

FYI on surge protectors. Most require registration and proof of purchase before you can file a claim with them. So if you buy a protector, register it and make copies of those receipts. They make it very hard to file a claim with them.

Didn't mean to hijack.

Hey all just checking in quickly.

Still no power at home but the generator is kicking ass so...

Way too many people coming back too soon here. I fear things are starting to get a bit testy. MANY without power and tensions heating up.

We will be fine as we have a very solid neighborhood and we all stick together. The law enforcement presence is very impressive.

The good news is that with the generator and the fact that I have cable I can watch the game tonight.

Going to set all my lineups now!

Still no power but weather has been amazingly cool. Several places are getting power back. They say we'll get it back Monday. Still typing from my blackberry. No t.v. = no football :wacko:

I hear Ike is on its way.

Chad I know what your going through. We just got power back at the house this morning. Hurricane season sucks!

I got my power back...finally...some won't get it back for two more weeks. I sure hope Ike heads west but it doesn't look like it will. Thanks for all the prayers and vibes. It was a miserable week but we made it through. God Bless!

edit to add: Don't ever take electricity for granted. :wacko:

Edited by SuperBalla

I got my power back...finally...some won't get it back for two more weeks. I sure hope Ike heads west but it doesn't look like it will. Thanks for all the prayers and vibes. It was a miserable week but we made it through. God Bless!

:D

:D