[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

France was the better team on the pitch, but the score is wholly justified. Uruguay played good offense and has a solid defense though was a bit weak at midfield meaning they had some good scoring opportunities, but not enough of them (was impressed by Forlan), and their defense held well. France had the same problem they have had for the last two years: they are incapable of finishing anything. I still don't understand how they have so many talented forwards who rip it up in their respective leagues, but are incapable of finding the back of the net on the national team. lot of individual talents not playing as a team I suppose. Very dissapointed as a fan of france , and this makes going on to the next round much more complicated. All 4 teams are tied with 1 point but Uruguay and france have less goals scored, meaning they are 3rd and 4th

Saw that Diaby played. Hope they keep him on the pitch throughout.

Still not sure why the took Anelka out when they brought in Henry. With Uruguay down to 10 they would have been on the ropes big time with both those guys going towards goal.

Fear of losing. In a three game group, a loss is a disaster while a draw is not. You already know this, of course but for those less familiar with the game it does explain why France didn't add a world-class striker, choosing to replace one instead.

I'm sorry...I tried to watch 5 minutes of this, but I'd rather be trapped inside a mosquito and fly nest. Could someone tell these people to shut up for a few minutes? I couldn't imagine watching this crap live. No wonder only poor people like it.

I'm sorry...I tried to watch 5 minutes of this, but I'd rather be trapped inside a mosquito and fly nest. Could someone tell these people to shut up for a few minutes? I couldn't imagine watching this crap live. No wonder only poor people like it.

I would imagine that your understanding of The Beautiful Game and the people who like it would leave plenty of room on the end of a toothpick.

Fear of losing. In a three game group, a loss is a disaster while a draw is not. You already know this, of course but for those less familiar with the game it does explain why France didn't add a world-class striker, choosing to replace one instead.

Oh, I understand the ramifications of a loss for sure. However, Uruguay was down to 10 and it was obvious they were on tired legs. France should have had both those guys on the pitch at the same time and pressured like there was no tomorrow. Playing to not lose is no way to play IMHO.

I would imagine that your understanding of The Beautiful Game and the people who like it would leave plenty of room on the end of a toothpick.

I would rather watch Joe Theismann (rhymes with Heismann :oldrolleys) brag on himself for hours than this simplistic game.

Oh, I understand the ramifications of a loss for sure. However, Uruguay was down to 10 and it was obvious they were on tired legs. France should have had both those guys on the pitch at the same time and pressured like there was no tomorrow. Playing to not lose is no way to play IMHO.

I agree absolutely but the overriding driver is to emerge as one of the top two in the group regardless of the method, same as the Champions League. A win (3 points) is obviously so much better than a draw (1 point) but a loss is still a definite disaster. Also, ten men beat eleven more often than they really should.

Straight knockout after group play makes teams more adventurous but sadly there are still those that play for penalties. Some managers just have that mentality and maybe France's guy is one of them. England should beat the US today but if the US can force a draw, England won't be too upset.

FWIW, I'm not trying to teach you the game (no need) but commenting in general on the game of soccer and this tournament's format.

I agree absolutely but the overriding driver is to emerge as one of the top two in the group regardless of the method, same as the Champions League. A win (3 points) is obviously so much better than a draw (1 point) but a loss is still a definite disaster. Also, ten men beat eleven more often than they really should.

Straight knockout after group play makes teams more adventurous but sadly there are still those that play for penalties. Some managers just have that mentality and maybe France's guy is one of them. England should beat the US today but if the US can force a draw, England won't be too upset.

FWIW, I'm not trying to teach you the game (no need) but commenting in general on the game of soccer and this tournament's format.

Also, ten men beat eleven more often than they really should.

Now ain't that the solid truth. :wacko: I love man down goals.

I know you are just trying to explain for those that are not familiar with the game. It's cool.... I don't mind being the straight man. LOL

Holy crap these damn horns are driving me insane! Please make it stop!!

mute.

On the topic, I have never been so into soccer and watching the games. I'm loving it!!

:wacko:

couldn't agree more- just a lame sport

le'ts get real 99% of Americans only like it because they get to slam drinks down their hole while they watch a game