[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S&P 1500 - Dow 15k

Brentastic

Wiegie, the market is down nearly 11% from the April highs. At it's lows in July, the market was down 14.5%. On top of all that, my initial forecast was dow 5k by year-end and it's not year-end yet - so how am I wrong? I have retracted my initial forecast and stated multiple times that dow 5k by year end probably won't happen but it certainly will soon enough. And by the end of this bear market, we will be at dow levels that nobody can fathom right now. So, my forecast is right on track, deflationary depression, market sinking - it's all happening and I was talking about it before anybody was.

Meh. I just don't get it. I'm buying today.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiegie, the market is down nearly 11% from the April highs. At it's lows in July, the market was down 14.5%. On top of all that, my initial forecast was dow 5k by year-end and it's not year-end yet - so how am I wrong? I have retracted my initial forecast and stated multiple times that dow 5k by year end probably won't happen but it certainly will soon enough. And by the end of this bear market, we will be at dow levels that nobody can fathom right now. So, my forecast is right on track, deflationary depression, market sinking - it's all happening and I was talking about it before anybody was.

deflation has only hit certain areas IE: housing market due to artificial lending rates and inflated prices....something had to give..

but there isn't deflation in everything, it's only correcting what was being manipulated and we'll see more deflation and hopefully avoid what I believe to be an inflationary depression which could follow...

with the way our government works, they'll try and inflate their way out of debt by printing money and if deflation spreads to other areas, they'll likely print their way out of deflation and probably make things worse...

deflation has only hit certain areas IE: housing market due to artificial lending rates and inflated prices....something had to give..

but there isn't deflation in everything, it's only correcting what was being manipulated and we'll see more deflation and hopefully avoid what I believe to be an inflationary depression which could follow...

with the way our government works, they'll try and inflate their way out of debt by printing money and if deflation spreads to other areas, they'll likely print their way out of deflation and probably make things worse...

Deflation will take some time to grab hold on everything. It's still early in this depression.

I believe the doomsday scenario I describe below has started. Don't say I didn't warn you guys. I would be heavy cash as much as possible. I sold all my stocks a few months back in anticipation of a HUGH drop. Don't be surprised if by training camp, the DOW is hovering around 6,000.

:wacko:

Brent, I will never say you didn't warn me...unlike that hippie wiegie that could've made one big all caps post or something before the market collapsed a couple of years ago that he claimed he knew was coming all along to let us all move our 401(k) and other monies out to save us a bundle. Yeah, I must've missed that forewarning post.

Wow, you're really digging. I've literally made hundreds of posts since this, retracting this call. I've stated several times that timing is the hardest predict but that direction and price are not.

You need to take any money you have left and see a psychiatrist asap.

Wow, you're really digging. I've literally made hundreds of posts since this, retracting this call.

So, what good is a prediction from you if you are going to retract it. How do we know that you aren't going to just retract every other prediction you make.

About the only thing you have left going for you is the caveat that past performance is not necessarily indicatory of future results. :wacko:

So, what good is a prediction from you if you are going to retract it. How do we know that you aren't going to just retract every other prediction you make.

About the only thing you have left going for you is the caveat that past performance is not necessarily indicatory of future results. :wacko:

We're headed toward dow 5k and probably lower - it's that simple. I've remained consistent with that call. It might not happen this year as I initially predicted but it's going to happen sooner than anybody wants. You can nit pick about my timing but in the end, when we're sitting at dow 5k and in the midst of a deflationary depression, anyone who took my advice and got out of stocks and into cash will be in a very good position financially. That's all that matters in the end. Not whether I was right within a day or a month. It's silly that you keep trying to pin that on me when I have literally stated hundreds of times that timing is the hardest thing to predict. I'm done now - see you in another few months when the market is decidedly lower than it is today - 8500 range (dow) and probably lower.

Even though you say it's not important, it seems to me the fatal flaw in the EWT (admittedly the little that I understand it) is in the timing. There seems to be a constant re-analysis to figure out exactly which wave we are in. Alot of after the fact analysis and readjustment along the way, all the while trying to claim an I told you so mentality.

Even though you say it's not important, it seems to me the fatal flaw in the EWT (admittedly the little that I understand it) is in the timing. There seems to be a constant re-analysis to figure out exactly which wave we are in. Alot of after the fact analysis and readjustment along the way, all the while trying to claim an I told you so mentality.

:tup:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=3145803

From what I can tell, it accounts for anything and everything, and no matter what happens, it can be justified by simply changing your claim on what part of the wave cycle you're on. For instance, The third wave is coming, but instead of last week being the beginning of the apex, it was a minor ripple oscillation and the third wave is still coming. It's full-proof really, like religion.

Is there any market forecasting tool that does predict the timing of market turns? The timing doesn't really matter if you know the trend and where we are at within that trend. If you know we are in a counter-trend wave 2 within a bigger downward trend, why do you need to be able to know exactly when the next wave down (wave 3) will begin? While it would be great to time your trade to the day, it's not that important. Another reason why the timing doesn't matter is because you can closely determine what price each wave will reach because of the rules within the EWT and using fibonacci ratios.

I've said all along that any market forecasting is only probablistic - there is never 100% certainty. It must be human nature to want the answer to everything, the EWT does not provide all the answers. It does, however, provide the most accurate roadmap for the market, imo. It's not something that should get people angry. I'm trying to help people see what I see - if you don't see it, that's fine but don't crucify me for it (not you particularly, grunge). To me, it's clear but I understand for most it is not. It's ok to have varrying opinions, it's not ok to make me out to be a bad guy when all I'm doing is providing analysis on the stock market. If I'm guilty of anything, it's being a little too ambitious in the timing of my call early on. I have since admitted such but it does not change my outlook on the market. In fact, the market is moving exactly as forecasted, just not as quickly as I initially thought. Do what you want with your investments, I truly wish most of you the best.

• 1 month later...