[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sandusky guilty

Big John

The evil perpetrated by the man in almost hard to comprehend. He looks like just a normal guy and he was considered a defensive genius who was at one time considered a successor to Joe Paterno (I think). Ten guys testified against him and his defense attorney kind of went through the motions because really - what was he going to do?

The most shocking part of it all is listening to Sandusky when he talks about it. You can just tell the guy is not wired the same as most people.

There's nothing to celebrate here really. It is sad in every measure.

Me thinks that he will not die a death of natural causes. Someone inside will decide that they don't like what he did to those kids and will administer their own version of justice.

Me thinks that he will not die a death of natural causes. Someone inside will decide that they don't like what he did to those kids and will administer their own version of justice.

Won't they keep him away from the general prison population for that reason? I can't imagine they will throw him in with the wolves.

This is a common posting when this type of thing happens. Wierd that for a sense of justice, an understanding that some should not be allowed to live in society, for punsihment as retribution, we turn to convicted rapist and murderers. It is almost enough to make one contyemplate the meaning of "justice" society, and one's own beliefs.

Do you not concur that life inside prison for him will be quite different than if, say, he'd robbed a bank?

I'm not saying I condone what I expect will happen to him, just that I expect it to happen.

and he's one of how many, i'm all for people gettin help if they're messed up, but preying and abusing kids has got to be the lowest form, just think, 45 innocent kids, how can that happen

Timeout, hiding behind the cloth and doin it is the lowest.

Edited by nuke'em ttg

This is a common posting when this type of thing happens. Wierd that for a sense of justice, an understanding that some should not be allowed to live in society, for punsihment as retribution, we turn to convicted rapist and murderers. It is almost enough to make one contyemplate the meaning of "justice" society, and one's own beliefs.

I think it's like the opening of The Godfather? Sometimes for true justice you have to turn to the underbelly of humanity.

I think it's like the opening of The Godfather? Sometimes for true justice you have to turn to the underbelly of humanity.

Don Corleone was not the underbelly of society. That would be Don Tataglia, Don Barzini. and Sollozo.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

His attorney's quotes say so much. Dude was literally just doing his job because that's the rules. You defend the guy who hires you. But I heard him say, in so many words, "The jury fairly judged based on the evidence present."

I don't recall ever hearing that from a defense attorney after his client was found guilty of anything. There's always some, "This is a very unfortunate ruling" or "we plan to appeal." Something like that. But dude is basically saying, "Well, he's guilty, so what are you gonna do? He's going to spend the rest of his days in prison. I really had almost nothing to work with here."

Not for a minute saying his defense let him down. Just have never heard a defense attorney distance himself as quickly as this guy did.

Also, I was wondering whether or not it would be both practical and humane to allow someone found guilty and who is certain to spend the rest of their days in prison to opt for death instead. Regardless of whether or not it is a crime that typically gets death. Sure, I've heard people say "death is too good for that scum" and all that. But I don't care. If dude just wants to get it over with and that saves us whatever silly amount of money it costs to keep a guy in prison that long, I say what the hell.

Have to agree with Detlef on that.

Also, if Sandusky has any class & any true remorse, he would just kill himself now.

Whenever I think about this case, and others like it, it reminds me of the movie "Sleepers." It depicts in no uncertain terms what the victims go through, how their lives are changed & warped forever. If you haven't seen it, you owe it yourself to watch it.

Edited by Controller

As reported on msnbc.com sports...

As for what he may be facing once he’s actually behind bars? If his

first night in jail is any indication…

As soon as the lights went out at night, Sandusky’s fellow inmates at the Centre County Correctional Facility serenaded him with a chorus from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”:

“Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone!”

For those seeking real-world justice, it appears Bubba has things well in hand.

I heard the defense attorneys tried to resign on the evening before the conviction, but were denied by the judge, or something to that effect. That pretty much sums it up for me. There's absolutely nothing to defend, even in the eyes of someone who defends for a living. Sad.

Hard to imagine that his wife didn't know exactly what was going on. It's very strange to watch both her and her husband... so stoic all of the time, even when the verdict came out. Makes you wonder what's going through their minds. Just looking at him makes me sick, but she's pretty disturbing/disgusting as well.

Closest thing to justice here would be daily assrape until he dies in the joint. But really there is no justice. Nothing can undo the terror those young men endured.

This, and is part of why I've changed my mind on the death penalty, even for those who are clearly guilty (the fact that some have been sent to death who might not have been guilty only compounds that).

But particularly for those who commit disgusting crimes like this, you're right, there really is not justice that can take back or reconcile what he did, so I don't want him to have the easy way out of ending his own life while the victims may never again have a normal life. Again, it's not justice, but to at least take some consolation that they have to spend the rest of their life living with the consequence of their actions in prison.

And I agree with muck that I don't condone or support it, but even most folks in prison don't sympathize with those who mess with children, and don't have anything to lose to do something about it.

I wish we could bring Joe Pa back to life so he could be publicly executed.

I'm not sure I'd push it that far, but I hear what you're saying. Paterno should be held accountable, but he obviously won't.

I refuse to believe that Paterno, who was the most powerful person in the PSU athletic department, heck one of the most powerful people on that campus, and he supposedly knew nothing about this stuff? He must have known, and he did nothing.

I don't care what anyone says. Paterno's legacy is tarnished big time.

I'm not sure I'd push it that far, but I hear what you're saying. Paterno should be held accountable, but he obviously won't.

I refuse to believe that Paterno, who was the most powerful person in the PSU athletic department, heck one of the most powerful people on that campus, and he supposedly knew nothing about this stuff? He must have known, and he did nothing.

I don't care what anyone says. Paterno's legacy is tarnished big time.

I don't believe anyone questions whether or not he knew. He basically said as much but that he'd reported it to whomever he thought needed to know and then went along his merry way.

Even those deluded enough to still throw their support behind Jo Pa don't deny he knew, they've just managed to convince themselves that "running this info up the chain of command" was enough or that he'd built up such a massive amount of goodwill that we shouldn't let this one little transgression take that away.

Mind you, I find that to be horse chight. First that any meaningful "chain of command" did not have him at the top of it, and secondly, that any amount of good deeds should ever outweight turning one's back on a situation as truly horrible as this.

If Joe Pa was truly the man they make him out to be, he lays down the law and makes PSU deal with this situation properly from the beginning. But he distanced himself and hoped the problem would go away.

Oh, and I hope Coach K chokes on his latest gulp of "coaches are gods" koolaid for insisting that Paterno deserved better than being shown the door by PSU.

Edited by detlef