[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF game thread

BeeR

Saints were definitely due for an off game and this seemed a popular upset pick with the surging Cowboys, but I didn't expect about what 10 yds of total offense from the Saints in the whole 1Q.  DAL is just swarming to the ball.

Edit:   OK it's a Thurs game not MNF, so sue me.

Edited by BeeR
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Going for it was stupid IMO.  You're in a tight game, 3 pts doesn't just make it a one-score game but is a boost in a game where NO badly needed it.

I can't believe they didn't go to Kamala once the entire 1Q.

Totally agree.

If NO loses this game they can largely point to play-calling IMO.  They are totally ignoring the run game and Kamala in general and esp determined to force it to Thomas whether he's open or not.

Edited by BeeR

Randy Gregory just flipped the course of the game with that roughing the punter penalty. The cowboys would've had the ball and a 10 point lead to closeout the 3rd quarter and possibly add more points. Instead, the saints get a touchdown on a play where there was clear push- off by the WR.  Key penalty and following TD.

Edited by irish

The Cowboys are winning the SB, it's over!  Cancel the season, no need to play anymore games.  Goodnight all.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Please kamara don't be concussed 

He's definitely concussed. Just like his FB.

1 hour ago, BeeR said:

OK game over.   Not to take away an incredible game by the DAL D but that is one of the worst games I've ever seen Brees have...that last INT was moronic.  Also one of the  worst reffed games I've ever seen.

Horribly officiated and not just one sided either. 

• Thanks 1

Im thrilled with the win and I am very excited about this young defense. Cant say the same about Dak though. I really hope they don't extend him to a mega deal. He is not an NFL caliber passer. Great character guy and great heart , but he just absolutely cannot stretch the field . I just don't see us getting next level with him at the helm .

16 hours ago, BeeR said:

OK game over.   Not to take away an incredible game by the DAL D but that is one of the worst games I've ever seen Brees have...that last INT was moronic.  Also one of the  worst reffed games I've ever seen.

Yeah but it both teams suffered from the refs, so it's kind of a wash in the end.

59 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

Yeah but it both teams suffered from the refs, so it's kind of a wash in the end.

Cowboys pretty much suffered on one drive that resulted in a touchdown and all of the calls were fouls. Yeah, the encroachment call was ticky-tack, but still a foul. There definitely should have been offensive pass interference TD, but as physical as the Dallas DBs were playing and not getting called, I wouldn't say that was egregious either. The only other instance where the refs helped the Saints that I can think of, hopefully somebody will correct me, is the no call on the Dak facemask.