[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Wolverines Fan

59 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Rams are in some trouble here I think. They are the third best team in their own division and Goff is not the answer long term on offense.

They are going to be in cap hell for the next 5 years AND have given up a ton of valuable draft capital.

How many elite QBs are available in trade? Why is Goff suddenly bad after being so good? Which is the real Goff?

They had serious trouble on defense, Talib on IR, and Peters not living up to what they expected. They were going to have to pay him next year, instead they'll pay Ramsey a bit more and have a much better and younger player.

Its a risk, but they have lots of talent on offense, and can make some noise now. 

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

Rams are in some trouble here I think. They are the third best team in their own division and Goff is not the answer long term on offense.

They are going to be in cap hell for the next 5 years AND have given up a ton of valuable draft capital.

Pretty much my thoughts.  Goff is an enigma.  He seems to shrink at weird times like he loses confidence.  And he's fumbling a lot.  Kirk Cousins-esque.  That is a pretty big haul for Ramsey, and I get the feeling the Rams aren't there yet anyway despite being in the SB last year.  

I was hoping it would be the Chiefs who would pick up some defensive help.  They have got to be able to stop the run.  

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Agreed - glad I sold high on most of my Rams in many dynasty formats.  Not buying anything off that team except for maybe Gerald Everett, who may be a nice safety valve in the next few years.  

5 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Once again you have crystallized my thoughts. I don't see how this makes sense - you need draft picks to rebuild the o-line, which is a major problem.

Steelers did it because they think Big Ben is coming back and they can make a run in the short term with a defense that includes Minkah. I don't agree but that's the logic.

What's the Rams' logic - when it should be pretty clear their QB is realllllly suffering right now?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I wish the Eagles would have done that deal. They can't draft anyhow. They wouldn't miss 2 first rounders. 

If you are going to make a comment like that, you might want to have some data to prove your point. Their drafting does not look too bad to me.

2014 - Greg Robinson - Mistake

Aaron Donald - 

2015 - Todd Gurley

2016 - Goff - Granted he is not elite but they were clearly taking a QB either way that year. The mistake was  taking him instead of Wentz, obviously Goff is way ahead of the other QB taken that year in the 1st round (Paxton Lynch)

2017 -  no 1st 2nd round Gerald Everett  and 3rd round Cooper Kupp

2018  - No 1st or 2nd.

2019 - No 1st 

Unless you are talking about the Eagles not drafting well. That point, I will not argue other then Wentz in 2016 and Barnett in 2017.

Edited by blaw23

1 hour ago, blaw23 said:

If you are going to make a comment like that, you might want to have some data to prove your point. Their drafting does not look too bad to me.

2014 - Greg Robinson - Mistake

Aaron Donald - 

2015 - Todd Gurley

2016 - Goff - Granted he is not elite but they were clearly taking a QB either way that year. The mistake was  taking him instead of Wentz, obviously Goff is way ahead of the other QB taken that year in the 1st round (Paxton Lynch)

2017 -  no 1st 2nd round Gerald Everett  and 3rd round Cooper Kupp

2018  - No 1st or 2nd.

2019 - No 1st 

Unless you are talking about the Eagles not drafting well. That point, I will not argue other then Wentz in 2016 and Barnett in 2017.

Of course I'm talking about the Eagles. They have drafted like crap under Howie Roseman. They haven't drafted and developed one skill position player, not in any round. I'd of done that trade in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Of course I'm talking about the Eagles. They have drafted like crap under Howie Roseman. They haven't drafted and developed one skill position player, not in any round. I'd of done that trade in a heartbeat. 

Agreed. One exception being Wentz.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Comm1 said:

Ya the Jags made out on this trade. The rams have a hell of a team but I’m not too sure this was the right move at the right time 

The Rams team is not good, they may have a lot of talent but they play like crap. 

And the Ravens are really good, think they dethrone the Pats this year.

15 hours ago, purplemonster said:

That Rams GM has sunk this team for a while. Gurley Goff Ramsey came with huge price tags now and into the future and not much to show for it

Also Cooks is on the hook for 16 mil or so next year, and with Everett and Woods thrown in, they have a total of 30 mil for three receivers/TE on the books, three!!  Ouch.