[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Like Soup Does Cali

darin3

Well shizzz, color me impressed. I Like Soup is literally 6'6" or just around there, and the kid drinks like a fish. I will attest that the guy beat me (barely) in a couple of pound contests, something that doesn't happen often. Blah blah blah, enough with the fantasy.

So I met up with Big Country at around 5:30pm and headed over to the hotel that I Like Soup and his buddy (he must be ghey cuz he's a non-Huddler) were staying at. Polished off a good number of beers before heading over to my favorite sports bar for shots, beer, greasy food and pool. Chargerz and Pope Flick, who will remain anonymous for Mystery Huddler purproses, showed up and got their respective drinks on. We moseyed on over to The Huddle (bar version) where the back-and-forth camera phone picture exchanging continued with twiley, who is in Nawlins for Mardi Gras (bass turd). After several rounds of shots and countless numbers of pitchers of beer, Chargerz and Pope Flick retired. Odds on them going Brokeback are 3 to 1. Anyways, Soup and his lover were able to tough it out with the big boys (me and BC) until closing. Soup was trying to bag a wildebeast (heck, even in my drunkest state this girl was 20-30 lbs. too big). I ended up carting Soup and his drunk buddy back to the sports bar where BC had left his truck. I booted them out of my drunkmobile and they (hopefully) made it back to their hotel.

Some thoughts:

Big Country: Have already met the kid several times... heck of a guy and let's just say... step ladder.

I Like Soup: In a word, hilarious. A complete bundle of energy, but what else would you expect from a guy who barely breaks 5' on his tippy toes?

Soup's Brokeback Buddy: Any guy that doesn't like football has to be taking it up the pooper. Dude dropped a couple of darts into my friend's drinks at one point in the night and I had to cover his asz. Memo to drunk Brokeback Soup Dude: don't drop darts into the drink of a guy who could squash you with his eyelash.

Chargerz: Any and all discussion of poon-tang is not only welcomed, but encouraged. You're awesome! Thanks for coming up.

Pope Flick: The surprise visitor of the evening. Glad to have met you and I'm psyched that we had so much in common (UT, Bearssssss). Hope you made it back to West Hollywood alright.

OK, now that it's beating down on 3am, I think it's time I hit the sack. I can only imagine what those midgets are doing without their step ladder... :D

:D:D:D

I had a great time, darin. It's always fun to meet new Huddlers and to have a few (or MANY) brews!! :D

I Like Soup was hilarious, and I hope to visit him some day in Phoenix. His friend was a good guy too (for a football-hating momofektard :D ).

Pope Flick was a cool dude too. Lots of talk with him about his career and Da Bears!!! :D

After all the talk last night with you and BC about WCOFF, I can't wait until September!!!! :D

Only bummer was my inability to talk you out of moving from So Cal. :D

Thanks for the invite!!! :D Hopefully we can get together again before you leave.

Yes, last night was a blast. I haven't had that much to drink since Vegas....

ANd Soup... that chick was bigger than a wildebeast.... I think she ate a wildebeast.....

Well.... I'm finally sober enough to almost think straight.... but who the heck kept ofdering all of those shots and Jaeger Bombs and was there any beer left at the bar when we were done?

Darin...you heard from the Soupster today?  Just wanted to make sure the big lady didn't roll over and crush our little man last night.  :eek:  :D

1342007[/snapback]

Yeah he and his buddy went back over to The Huddle for beers today. :D

I hit a 3-game parlay (thought I had lost it for some reason) and another bet on the Clippers last night. Soup is not only good food, but good luck too! :D

Decent chance I'll be visiting Laguna Beach again this May.  If so, I hope to meet you mofo's again, and especially Chargerz.

1342190[/snapback]

:D Lookin' forward to meeting you too.

Yes, I am still alive. And much fun was had by all!

My non-Huddler buddy (ghey) picked me up about 45 minutes after I landed. We then proceeded to Costa Mesa to check in to the hotel. Of course, we made such good time that we overran our exit as I wasn't expecting it to come up so quick. We got settled in the room and went down to the bar and had some drinks. And then...darin and BC arrive.

darin, of course, orders a Rolling Rock...which I've been told by a gay co-worker of mine that the gay community calls Rolling Rock "queer beer". So I promptly tell darin this little story...you know, going for brownie pts after first meeting him. :D I don't frack too much with BC right off because he is even taller than my 6'5 frame...:D I gotta give darin props as he has the presence of mind to order a six pack in a bucket of ice right before happy hour ended...:huh: Now that is thinking!

We then head over to a couple of darin's neighborhood bars where we begin to do shots and a bunch of beer. Chargerz and Pope show up and it is off to the races. Great that those guys could make the trip to visit. We do play some billiards...and I prove to be the best shooter as I make the eight ball in before I'm supposed to several times...:D

So we end the night at The Huddler (bar version) of which I do have a picture of. I left my Boston sweatshirt there (no golf warmup jacket for me, Puddy!) and promptly attempt to hunt the local wildstock before leaving. :D Luckily, darin pours me in to his truck before I can make any headway...:thankthemaker:

So...my thoughts?

Chargerz is too cool and is way too nice. Of course...being a bagina doctor isn't gonna get you many enemies now is it? My non-huddler buddy (ghey) tried to guess his huddle user name from his profession...and I must admit...we all got quite a chuckle from it...we may see it soon!

Pope made the two hour trek and met up with us....sweet. He then gave us the lowdown on travels to Eastern Europe as me and my Brokeback buddy :D are heading over that way in May for some "public relations"...Huddle style! We'll keep you up to date with our...conquests...:longliveKingBush!: and be sure to report back to the powers that be in the film industry (read: they can put that on public television...right?). A very interesting guy that Pope fella.

Now for darin and BC...as I told my buddy...they look just like their pictures! darin is pretty cool and can throw down some drinks. I did manage to beat him twice in pounding contests but if you do it more than once...it ain't no fluke! :D darin is one of those good down home kind of guys...very welcoming and cool to sit around and shoot the bull with.

BC is a pretty nice guy in his own right. Not to mention he will always have my back with the stepladder ready and waiting...too cool BC...I don't think there is an evil bone in his body!

My non-Huddler friend (ghey) has thought about getting on the Huddle at some point with the user name of bloody polyps. :D He does have quite an imagination and he came up with some outstanding possible user names for various situations throughout the rest of the weekend!

All in all, a good trip! Chargerz, Pope, darin, and BC are all very easy to talk with and are very cool. Y'all are welcome in Phoenix anytime!!!